4 hours ago, JohnAR said:

So how do I post prompts set in book 8 without spoiling things for the MetaNewComers?

I'd just add Author Notes saying that they won't make sense until you've read the whole thing or that there are spoilers. If they still choose to read it and have no idea WTF is going on, or things get spoiled, then it rests entirely on them.

Edited by Lux Apollo
  • Like 3

So are you expanding the saga or just some editing for publishing on amazon?

I mean

is it necessary for the lucky readers who had read through all before you retracted them from online has to reread them?

and how are you organizing the prompts? A single book as a collection or insert them into the right places in the narration?

Love your work!

• Like 3
6 hours ago, athanos said:

So are you expanding the saga or just some editing for publishing on amazon?

I mean

is it necessary for the lucky readers who had read through all before you retracted them from online has to reread them?

and how are you organizing the prompts? A single book as a collection or insert them into the right places in the narration?

Love your work!

Sometimes an idea strikes me, so I gave in and wrote two little prompts ... to be published when the bugs allow it.

Prompts. Currently I plan to publish them all together in one book (with sections to suggest  at which point they should be READ not necessarily when they are SET). Tried to squeeze them into the main body text, but that made it a bit clumsy.

First cover ideas have arrived, but we're still working on them ...

JAR

(And reviews/like/rants are always welcome; we haven't had a MetaCrisis for quite some time.)

Edited by JohnAR
  • Like 3
3 minutes ago, athanos said:

MetaDeprivation?

Online where?

Here on GA. But WARNING: It is strongly advised only to read once you have completed the whole MetaCanon (8 books + 110 prompts). Don't want to spoil things, do we?

• Like 2
26 minutes ago, JohnAR said:

Finally, found a "hack."

MetaDeprivation is ONLINE.

And in case you haven't seen. Here's the lead route for the Meta ebook covers:

Meta Set 3.jpg

Clever author! Yay! A fix for the itching!

And I really like that cover. But you know that already... ;) 

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, mrbossmant said:

Can anyone point me to book 4 (to 8) I cant seem to find it on GA and i need the answers to the cliff hanger 

Mr Boss M. Ant,

First thanks for reading and liking all the chapters! I appreciate it!

Now, books 4-8 and the 110 prompt stories are being prepared for publishing. So they are not available on GA anymore ...

Just above you see the cover ideas we have been working on for the publishing.

Anyway, what are your thoughts on Meta so far??

JAR

• Like 2

Can anyone point me to book 4 (to 8) I cant seem to find it on GA and I need the answers to the cliff hanger. 

Books 4 through 8 and the Prompts were 'unpublished' here on GA by our esteamed teasing author JAR. He is working getting the entire series published for purchase on sites like Amazon.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, JohnAR said:

Mr Boss M. Ant,

First thanks for reading and liking all the chapters! I appreciate it!

Now, books 4-8 and the 110 prompt stories are being prepared for publishing. So they are not available on GA anymore ...

Just above you see the cover ideas we have been working on for the publishing.

Anyway, what are your thoughts on Meta so far??

JAR

Hi JohnAR

Just I sounded like Prime reading your message.

So far I'm liking it although might have to change my opinion after reading chapter 17 of book 3  

I look forward to reading Book 4 

Regards

Timothy

• Like 4

Hi JohnAR

Just I sounded like Prime reading your message.

So far I'm liking it although might have to change my opinion after reading chapter 17 of book 3  

I look forward to reading Book 4 

Regards

Timothy

What do you like? And why would you change your opinion after 300k words/3 books?

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, JohnAR said:

What do you like? And why would you change your opinion after 300k words/3 books?

I like the overall story

not a big fan of the master/slave type dominance (maybe i'm a bit to traditional thinking about love) I have no problem with polygamy as long as everyone loves each other 

and I would change my opinion because now I'm stuck wondering if Prime is really dead or not (which will mean a sleepless night trying to analyse what I read so far and if there are any hints) after having binge read the first 3 books and fallen in love with the characters in the last week or so  

Edited by mrbossmant
  • Like 3
5 minutes ago, mrbossmant said:

I like the overall story

not a big fan of the master/slave type dominance (maybe i'm a bit to traditional thinking about love) I have no problem with polygamy as long as everyone loves each other 

and I would change my opinion because now I'm stuck wondering if Prime is really dead or not (which will mean a sleepless night trying to analyse what I read so far and if there are any hints) after having binge read the first 3 books and fallen in love with the characters in the last week or so  

I'm pretty sure you've missed some hints :joe: . That comes with the MetaExperience ...

But I promise some questions will be answered in MetaBattles (book 4). Some. Including how Prime died. And why. Or not.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, mrbossmant said:

I like the overall story

and I would change my opinion because now I'm stuck wondering if Prime is really dead or not (which will mean a sleepless night trying to analyse what I read so far and if there are any hints) after having binge read the first 3 books in the last week or so  

Ah yes the Prime situation from the end of Book 3. The end of each book tends to have nasty little cliffhangers that JAR makes us WAIT to know the results of in the future book. You have three choices you can wait for the Published Books to hit a site to buy them, you could go digging into this Ranting Thread (the rant has major spoilers for all books) or you can see if you can pay JAR's required fee. I am sorry you came into the series during the prep for official publishing period as you are forced to wait. But it could be worse you could have been in the boat that many of us were in reading One Chapter a WEEK!

I have to say I have never been a fan of the master/slave dominance type of thing either. The thing with Meta though is it puts a real twist on that and you can see the real caring that the IC members have for one another. The dominance angle is very very different from any master type of setup one would expect. Although I do wish there was more of a two way street so to speak there isn't anything demeaning in this setup.

• Like 4
1 minute ago, JohnAR said:

I'm pretty sure you've missed some hints :joe: . That comes with the MetaExperience ...

But I promise some questions will be answered in MetaBattles (book 4). Some. Including how Prime died. And why. Or not.

The only thing I could think of is that Leo switched out the silver bullets with lead ones

and possibly that MaryAnn is hiding somewhere on Primes new pack land and Leo has hunted her down with the rest of the pack 

• Like 3
1 minute ago, PkCrichton said:

Ah yes the Prime situation from the end of Book 3. The end of each book tends to have nasty little cliffhangers that JAR makes us WAIT to know the results of in the future book. You have three choices you can wait for the Published Books to hit a site to buy them, you could go digging into this Ranting Thread (the rant has major spoilers for all books) or you can see if you can pay JAR's required fee. I am sorry you came into the series during the prep for official publishing period as you are forced to wait. But it could be worse you could have been in the boat that many of us were in reading One Chapter a WEEK!

I have to say I have never been a fan of the master/slave dominance type of thing either. The thing with Meta though is it puts a real twist on that and you can see the real caring that the IC members have for one another. The dominance angle is very very different from any master type of setup one would expect. Although I do wish there was more of a two way street so to speak there isn't anything demeaning in this setup.

I think I will stay away from the rest of this thread so as mot to spoil the surprise 

but I think I would prefer to have a chapter a week as apposed to waiting an undefined length of time for the rest 

But at least I cant use the story as an excuse not to do some more work :(

• Like 4

For those wondering why the MetaFanFic story of mine got a moderation of Published is because I went into the main story page to add some extra warnings about spoilers and to edit the Tags of the story. Sadly as I was doing that GA glitched and unpublished it. So I had to republish it. So there is no new story up there at the moment but..... For those who are only in books 1 to 3 of Meta then chapters 3, 5 and 6 of my fanfic all take place during that time period.

• Like 4

I have a confession to make. I read metaBattles to metaEndings 2 on google cache and wayback machine, an internet archive service. But after metaEndings 3, I run out of luck and the caching availability became sporadic. So I stopped. At least I am not at some major cliffhanger like the Prime-get-shot episode.

Love your work! Full of exiting stories and plot-twists, fleshed, believable and very lovable characters, keen observation of American society and human nature in general. I like Clot's Texan days the most. I actually cried. Guess it just channeled some emotionally barren days of my life just too well. And the sex scenes, WOW!

Just a casual thought. MetaProphecies reminds me so much of Harry Potter and the Order of Phoenix. Both a interim before a climax dedicated to building up potential energy and exploring characters. And in both is absent a major character (Dumbledore duh!), so the reading becomes slow and excruciating as readers are longing for his return.

Anyway, please hurry on your publishing! 

PS. I just remembered that in one episode in Colt's coma, he came back as a vampire and he heard “上海,两千八”. Well, it should be “上海,2008”, or “上海,二零零八年。” Just a note to make your work more perfect!

Thanks from Shanghai!

An eagerly waiting reader.

Edited by athanos
  • Like 5
11 hours ago, athanos said:

I have a confession to make. I read metaBattles to metaEndings 2 on google cache and wayback machine, an internet archive service. But after metaEndings 3, I run out of luck and the caching availability became sporadic. So I stopped. At least I am not at some major cliffhanger like the Prime-get-shot episode.

Love your work! Full of exiting stories and plot-twists, fleshed, believable and very lovable characters, keen observation of American society and human nature in general. I like Clot's Texan days the most. I actually cried. Guess it just channeled some emotionally barren days of my life just too well. And the sex scenes, WOW!

Just a casual thought. MetaProphecies reminds me so much of Harry Potter and the Order of Phoenix. Both a interim before a climax dedicated to building up potential energy and exploring characters. And in both is absent a major character (Dumbledore duh!), so the reading becomes slow and excruciating as readers are longing for his return.

Anyway, please hurry on your publishing! 

PS. I just remembered that in one episode in Colt's coma, he came back as a vampire and he heard “上海,两千八”. Well, it should be “上海,2008”, or “上海,二零零八年。” Just a note to make your work more perfect!

Thanks from Shanghai!

An eagerly waiting reader.

Thanks a lot for your reading; and I applaud your resourcefulness.

Meta has been compared to other books already, H. Potter. Is new. I'm flattered. (Or are you saying I ripped off the narrative? ;-))

@Timothy M.and @PkCrichton correct my miserable English, @Puppilull my Swedish; so it's only fair for somebody to correct my abysmal Mandarin.

Note: The English translation should be "Welcome to (the) Shanghai (of) 2008" - Pls provide the ideal translation (without "2008" as number, but in written form) in a private message. I will then include it in the version to be published officially.

谢谢

xie xie

JAR

Edited by JohnAR
  • Like 3