Message added by Myr,

Carlos passed away on Jun 16, 2023:

4 minutes ago, Carlos Hazday said:

Dan Reynolds was just honored by the Trevor Project for his support of GLBT youth. Not bad for a straight guy who grew up as a Mormon. Imagine Dragons rock! I saw them in concert two years ago and I'm hoping to see them again this year.

They are working on bringing some sort of music festival here. To promote smaller Indy groups.

• Like 1
56 minutes ago, dughlas said:

I'm shakin' 'n quakin' ... it must be withdrawl.

LMAO! That's how I was feeling last night. I'm looking into a 12 step program. It's going to be a looong summer of empty Fridays.

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Bucket1 said:

All those yeses, all that progress... and we still have to wait for the next book.

Would it help if I threw a tantrum?

Out of my hands, mate. I'm not bothering Mann until he finishes with the season's pottery projects and getting his books released by his new publisher. 

:off:

Rabbitoh's Angus Crichton is my new boy toy fantasy. Got to watch the game against the Titans yesterday and the kid can play. I think he scored 3 tries and he's a damn rookie!

edit: I may have to name a character after him!

Edited by Carlos Hazday
  • Like 2
2 minutes ago, Bucket1 said:

So fickle... poor George, thrown on the scarp heap :P

Didn't George get married to a (gasp) woman? Or was that his twin brother? One of them better play for our team! :D

Edited by Carlos Hazday
  • Like 2
Just now, Carlos Hazday said:

Didn't George get married to a (gasp) woman? Or ws that his twin brother. One of them better play for our team! :D

Yes George got married to his twin brother... and then you woke up :lol:

• Like 3
15 minutes ago, Bucket1 said:

Yes George got married to his twin brother... and then you woke up :lol:

So that wasn't a mirror in the slfies? It was the twins facing each other?

I have a question for you. The match I watched yesterday I had recorded when it aired here in the US but it was part of the NRL Friday night footy series. The stands looked empty! Are games usually that poorly attended?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Carlos Hazday said:

So that wasn't a mirror in the slfies? It was the twins facing each other?

I have a question for you. The match I watched yesterday I had recorded when it aired here in the US but it was part of the NRL Friday night footy series. The stands looked empty! Are games usually that poorly attended?

I think the problem is the State of Origin matches running for the month. It robs the regular games of support both on the screen and in the stands. There was talk of suspending the season during Origin but there are competing TV rights and it got too complicated.

• Like 2
Just now, Bucket1 said:

I think the problem is the State of Origin matches running for the month. It robs the regular games of support both on the screen and in the stands. There was talk of suspending the season during Origin but there are competing TV rights and it got too complicated.

Okay, makes sense. Now, could you get the announcers to mellow out the Aussie accent. I don't know the rules well enough and sometimes I want to hear what they're saying but I'm having trouble. My Oztrayan's rusty!

I didn't pay attention to the date of the wedding but considering how pregnant she was during the ceremony I'm guessing the kid may have already come out.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Bucket1 said:

You think that's bad, watch the Commonwealth Games or Olympics coverage :rolleyes:

Yeah, see, we don't get broadcast of the Commonwealth names and our Olympic coverage is mostly with American sportscasters. We get some Brits  covering several sports but I think they try to control their accents knowing their audience is American.

BTW, the USA ensured their spot in the '19 Rugby World Cup by beating Canada yesterday. I need to subscribe to the USA Rugby channel; one of our networks shows some collegiate games and another one shows the ones from Oz but few of the big matches are on free TV.

Rugby has replaced politics as the main event in recent chapters so I've been paying closer attention. Now I have to figure out how to work a little teaching into the story. Union, league, and 7s probably don't mean much to most people buyt I want my readers to become fans! Tight shirts, skimpy shorts, and huge thighs should make every gay man drool. . LOL

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Kitt said:

Not just the gay men!

I wish I lived in your neck of the woods. Memorial Day weekend the International Gay Rugby Colonial Cup was held in Philly and the weekend after that it was the Collegiate Rugby 7s Championship also in Philadelphia. A train or car ride from Jersey or DC would have been so easy. I love South Florida but sometimes I'm just too damn far away!

• Like 3