Message added by Myr,

Carlos passed away on Jun 16, 2023:

• Site Moderator
6 minutes ago, Defiance19 said:

You know, you can always give us a spoiler... you know as a thank you! :P 

@Reader1810 I'm trying.. lol. 

I see that, and I applaud your noble efforts, Def.

I'm thinking your drones haven't been tested in a while, what say you send a few in the air to make sure they  - and their cameras, of course - are in proper working order....

• Like 2
  • Site Moderator
28 minutes ago, Carlos Hazday said:

:off: The Chicken and Waffles was the best ever. The bourbon maple syrup and bourbon-marinated watermelon chunks may have had something to do with it.

Just something, eh? I wonder... :P

Glad you enjoyed your meal, Carlos. Smart cookie, this Thiago fellow is. 

• Like 2
On 7/21/2017 at 8:18 PM, Kitt said:

Ain't it a bitch when the characters take on a life of their own?  Next thing you know you are gonna wake in the middle of the night and reach for a notebook cause one of em are demanding air time!

I've been doing that a lot lately while watching TV. A word or visual will inspire me and next thing you know I'm writing down a location or description. Just last night I ended up writing some great lines for CJ to use during his :X.

One of the first things I do every morning is transfer those scribbles to my spreadsheet or to the chapter file itself. I end up with stuff already on paper when I tackle the chapter for real.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, dughlas said:

So is it time yet? When do we get to see CJ?

I was thinking about this yesterday:

Walls was over 150,000 words which is a decent sized novel. If I recall correctly, the Harry Potter books range between 80K and 250K. Clive Cussler's book (he was the inspiration for the ancient biker who pops up now and then) are about 200k words.

I began posting in Walls in January and most serial authors release one novel a year. I think I've fulfilled my responsibility for 2017. That said, I'd love to start posting as soon a possible but won't do so until at least half the book's edited.I started writing chapter 16 this week and I figure I have 10 more to go.

Keep your fingers crossed that my editor becomes available some time soon.

• Like 3
13 minutes ago, Defiance19 said:

That's what's wrong! You never got it? :P

CJ and Ozzie may have stolen it! I heard those two were drunk as skunks the other night. Something about wanting to get naked and going for a ride on Defiant to the shore to watch the sun rise!

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Defiance19 said:

Bloody kids😐

Jealous much?

BTW, forgot to mention that since Ethan graduated and moved back to NYC and has become a strap hanger, Sean seems happier these days.

• Like 3
Just now, Carlos Hazday said:

Jealous much?

BTW, forgot to mention that since Ethan graduated and moved back to NYC and has become a strap hanger, Sean seems happier these days.

Don't know why I liked this. You taunt me with Ethan. I was never going to be what Sean wanted but the dream was good. I may have to break in someone new. Stop writing the characters I want gay dammit. 

• Like 3
Just now, Defiance19 said:

Don't know why I liked this. You taunt me with Ethan. I was never going to be what Sean wanted but the dream was good. I may have to break in someone new. Stop writing the characters I want gay dammit. 

:rofl:

If it makes you feel any better here's a spoiler. The Squad gets a ne memeber in the next book and he's straight!

• Like 4
Just now, Defiance19 said:

Heard the same.

Last time I passed that way was just before the implosion. Don't go that way much. 

I'm always looking for new and interesting thing for the guys to do and since I have them in NYC once or twice in the near future...

• Like 2
20 hours ago, Carlos Hazday said:

I was thinking about this yesterday:

Walls was over 150,000 words which is a decent sized novel. If I recall correctly, the Harry Potter books range between 80K and 250K. Clive Cussler's book (he was the inspiration for the ancient biker who pops up now and then) are about 200k words.

I began posting in Walls in January and most serial authors release one novel a year. I think I've fulfilled my responsibility for 2017. That said, I'd love to start posting as soon a possible but won't do so until at least half the book's edited.I started writing chapter 16 this week and I figure I have 10 more to go.

Keep your fingers crossed that my editor becomes available some time soon.

What is Mann up to anyway?  Do I need to go track him down for you?  :ph34r:

• Like 3
35 minutes ago, spikey582 said:

What is Mann up to anyway?  Do I need to go track him down for you?  :ph34r:

Just don't break his hands! We need those for writing, editing, and pottery!

@Mann Ramblings was busy for the past month with his ceramics. There was a big art show this past weekend so he was producing inventory. Those coffee mug and platter sales give him money for tattoos. He also had to deal with a change in publishers for his books and with writing an M/M romance sci-fi short story, Salvaging Claus Day will be included in the 2017 Advent Calendar Anthology by Dreamspinner Press.

I'm not pushing him for a bit. He's been good to me and deserves a break. Although I think he'll be excited when he finds out I've already killed off two characters and I'm not done with blood and mayhem yet. I'm sticking to my goal of 1k words a day and today moved the story into 2018. It's still weird writing in the future instead of the past.

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, Carlos Hazday said:

Just don't break his hands! We need those for writing, editing, and pottery!

@Mann Ramblings was busy for the past month with his ceramics. There was a big art show this past weekend so he was producing inventory. Those coffee mug and platter sales give him money for tattoos. He also had to deal with a change in publishers for his books and with writing an M/M romance sci-fi short story, Salvaging Claus Day will be included in the 2017 Advent Calendar Anthology by Dreamspinner Press.

I'm not pushing him for a bit. He's been good to me and deserves a break. Although I think he'll be excited when he finds out I've already killed off two characters and I'm not done with blood and mayhem yet. I'm sticking to my goal of 1k words a day and today moved the story into 2018. It's still weird writing in the future instead of the past.

I guess I should actually look to get some of his published stuff, he's certainly provided plenty of free entertainment.

Also you go easy on the blood and mayhem.  The last time I said I wouldn't mind a specific character being killed, someone's parents ended up dead in a boating accident.  I almost regretted saying that.  Almost.

• Like 3