Message added by Myr,

Carlos passed away on Jun 16, 2023:

As any of your readers would have expected you treated this with the intense diginity it deserves. I've only gone to a club a couple of times while in DC for Pride. Not my thing so I had difficulty wrapping my head around this. I know there are those with an unwarranted hatred. We're not so different from others in that respect. Be it race, nationality, sexuality or creed there is someone who despises you for that. Most not to this level of violence but still ... and we have leaders who tell us it's okay to fear and hate those others ... those different from us. Until somewhere something like this happens and society cries out ... Oh how terrible ... how could this happen ... and quietly in dark corners those who hate gloat ... you got yours ... and hatred goes on.

I am very curious to see how CJ speaks to this ...

• Like 5

@dughlas

Thanks, Dugh.

Gay bars aren't for everyone. I have two gay cousins (brothers) one of whom despises the places while the other one's a bar fly. Even for those who frequent them, they have different meanings. A place to meet with friends. A place to drink sorrows away. A place to celebrate. Or a place to find someone to have sex with. Buit to all they're a place they can be themselves, particulary those in the closet. They have historically been a refuge from oppression and discrimination.

CJ will definitely have something to say in the scene which follows the one I shared.

• Like 5

I'm with Peter on the gun thing. The two countries have very different attitudes as you have touched on before.

This was an event that made everyone feel vulnerable, unsafe and just plain sad. I think you have captured the shock/anger/confusion of the immediate aftermath quite well. As Peter mentioned, it did help bring people together as we got over the initial shock.

• Like 4
38 minutes ago, chris191070 said:

What a powerfull scene, brings Florida to home. Looking forward to Georgetown.

Thanks, Chris. It needs to get cleaned up a bit but the changes will be mostly cosmetic. I was too upset after Pulse and even more so when I was trashed for posting something on GA that was deemed political in nature so I avoided writing about it. Instead I posted Thin Blue Line following the police officers being shot in Dallas.

With the passage of time I was able to revisit the events and decided it was too significant to ignore. The above,scene and a related one in the same chapter are my response. It may be fiction but I think the reaction of the Elite and the Squad mirrors what many of us experienced that horrible day.

• Like 4

CJ, Hunter, and Lola are back in Washington after a couple of days in Charlottsville, Virginia. All three are tired but safe.

Me, I'm in Gainsville, Florida tonight. Drove past Cesar's old frat house and it reminded me of Animal House. I keep seeing Gator this and Gator that all over and I' think daddy needs new cowboy boots.

• Like 4
On 8/4/2017 at 0:28 PM, Carlos Hazday said:

It has been over a month since the final chapter of Walls was published. I'm feeling lonely; I miss hearing from readers. So, for entirely selfish reasons, here's a scene from the first chapter of Georgetown. Yes, I'm trolling for feedback :D

Reveal hidden contents

Great part, and i'm sooo glad i turned down your offer :)

You are already making my withdrawal symptoms bigger with just a small piece of the first chapter.

But i can wait

:whistle:0:):whistle:0:):whistle:0:):whistle:0:):whistle:0:):whistle:0:):whistle:0:):whistle:0:):whistle:0:):whistle:0:):whistle:0:):whistle:0:):whistle:0:):whistle:0:):whistle:0:):whistle:0:):whistle:0:):whistle:0:):whistle:0:)

Edited by tabaqui
  • Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Site Moderator
40 minutes ago, Carlos Hazday said:

Anyone interested in hearing about what happened in Charlottesville when CJ was part of the anti Unite the Right protest?

running-around-smiley-emoticon.gifrunning-around-smiley-emoticon.gifrunning-around-smiley-emoticon.gif

Me! Me! Me! 

PS: My niece's little friend is the female version of Harley! :rofl:

• Like 1
  • Site Moderator
3 minutes ago, Carlos Hazday said:

@Reader1810

Did you see the cover for the story? You sure you want to read it after seeing a picture of Lola? :D

As for the female version of Harley, it's just further proof the character does resemple real life people!

I've seen it now. Lola's a tough little cookie, ain't she? ;)

I totally agree, and for all her incessant chatter, she's a sweet kid - just like Harley - so you can't help, but like her. 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Site Moderator
1 hour ago, Carlos Hazday said:

@Defiance19

CJ's salivating about this... (I can't wait to go see it once it's completed either)

https://ny.curbed.com/2017/9/11/16285628/world-trade-center-st-nicholas-greek-orthodox-church-tour

The Hagia Sophia was just one of the many churches I studied during my Art History  - and Architecture - classes at uni. Nice to see it can still inspire in modern times. :D 

PS: Does this mean you have your internet back? 

• Like 4
17 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

The Hagia Sophia was just one of the many churches I studied during my Art History  - and Architecture - classes at uni. Nice to see it can still inspire in modern times. :D 

PS: Does this mean you have your internet back? 

Power and internet came back but I've been too busy to spend time on GA. Today I'm doing a bit of cleaning but spending most of the day watching sports on TV (college football) and writing. Finally did a couple thousand words yesterday on chapter 19 after barely writing for a month. Between New Orleans, workers in the house, and then Irma I hadn't put much down on paper recently. I kept notes when ideas came but now I need to transcribe my gibberish!

• Like 3
  • Site Moderator
19 minutes ago, Carlos Hazday said:

Power and internet came back but I've been too busy to spend time on GA. Today I'm doing a bit of cleaning but spending most of the day watching sports on TV (college football) and writing. Finally did a couple thousand words yesterday on chapter 19 after barely writing for a month. Between New Orleans, workers in the house, and then Irma I hadn't put much down on paper recently. I kept notes when ideas came but now I need to transcribe my gibberish!

Progress in the "getting back your life" is good. With the mess you had to deal with (and still are ?), I'd say you deserve a day, or two, to put your your feet up and watch some college ball. Course, I know you've got your scribble pad handy to capture any and all random thoughts that come to you, right? 

Enjoy your day, Carlos. :) 

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 4
2 hours ago, Carlos Hazday said:

@Defiance19

CJ's salivating about this... (I can't wait to go see it once it's completed either)

https://ny.curbed.com/2017/9/11/16285628/world-trade-center-st-nicholas-greek-orthodox-church-tour

It's coming along and it's going to be beautiful... I can't wait to see it either.  

When I was in my early 20's my Yiayia took  us for some reason to the World Trade Center. We took pictures that you could turn into magazine covers..lol. Our own pics have the original church in the background. Of course we had to visit the church too. What I remember was, we were itching to get food, but it seemed liked hours that she fell into a full on conversation in Greek with one of the priests. When we left she was grumbling that none of us cared enough to speak the language and she was embarrassed.. I mean, really! Now, that's a memory I could never erase. 

Incidentally, tonight I'm going to Hell's Kitchen.. We're having Mexican. Care to hazard a guess as to where we're eating??? 

• Like 4
  • Site Moderator
48 minutes ago, Defiance19 said:

It's coming along and it's going to be beautiful... I can't wait to see it either.  

When I was in my early 20's my Yiayia took  us for some reason to the World Trade Center. We took pictures that you could turn into magazine covers..lol. Our own pics have the original church in the background. Of course we had to visit the church too. What I remember was, we were itching to get food, but it seemed liked hours that she fell into a full on conversation in Greek with one of the priests. When we left she was grumbling that none of us cared enough to speak the language and she was embarrassed.. I mean, really! Now, that's a memory I could never erase. 

Incidentally, tonight I'm going to Hell's Kitchen.. We're having Mexican. Care to hazard a guess as to where we're eating??? 

Mamasita's Bar and Grill? Can you guess what caught my attention... 

As for the speaking the language, you reminded me of the time my dad's older cousin started speaking to us in Ukrainian. We were all looking like this. :huh:

I only know Hola, which is a card game. Played it with my aunt and cousin, and as I recall, it generated a lot of giggles between me and my cousin. 

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Reader1810 said:

Mamasita's Bar and Grill? Can you guess what caught my attention... 

As for the speaking the language, you reminded me of the time my dad's older cousin started speaking to us on Ukrainian. We were all looking like this. :huh:

I only know Hola, which is a card game. Played it with my aunt and cousin, and as I recall, it generated a lot of giggles between me and my cousin. 

Hehe.. starts with an A ends with an O... CJ loved it!! :P 

There is only one grankid who speaks Greek.We had lessons but no one was interested.  I can barely count, I can say a few words. I regret it now but, oh well! 

• Like 4
17 minutes ago, Defiance19 said:

Really? You doing tequila shots too? LOL

Both my brothers hired Latin American nannies for their children when they were born. They and their wives all wanted the kids to speak Spanish and we were asked to not use English around them for the first couple of years. They picked up English quickly but they had a solid base in Spanish. It's so much easier to learn when they're that age.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Carlos Hazday said:

Really? You doing tequila shots too? LOL

Both my brothers hired Latin American nannies for their children when they were born. They and their wives all wanted the kids to speak Spanish and we were asked to not use English around them for the first couple of years. They picked up English quickly but they had a solid base in Spanish. It's so much easier to learn when they're that age.

It's true that's the best age to start. 

Im looking forward to the Flight again.. I really shouldn't cause tequila makes me stupid.. buuutttt... There's going to be 12 of us. Sigh! 

• Like 3
Just now, Defiance19 said:

I just sent her a pm.lol 

LMAO

I can't recall what chapter that was in so unsure if 1810 has read it yet. I'm so out of my ususal 'awareness zone' when it comes to CJ's story. I do know the chapter I'm working on today takes place in June 2018, anything else I'm confused about :D

• Like 3