Message added by Myr,

Carlos passed away on Jun 16, 2023:

9 minutes ago, Carlos Hazday said:

Chapter 1 of Georgetown: Roar is now loaded and set to publish on November 3, 2017. Over the next few days I'll be uploading subsequent chapters. There will be no interruptions or delays if I have anything to say about it.

Thanks Papi Carlos. Your readers love that youre a man of action, and so organized. xo

• Like 2

Every complete chapter of Georgetown Roar is loaded and set to publish on consecutive Fridays beginning November 3, 2017. Subsequent installments will be posted as soon as I receive them from the support team, make needed changes, and do a final read. I'm excited to share CJ's further adventures and can't wait to hear what y'all think! :D

• Like 3
  • Love 2
19 minutes ago, Carlos Hazday said:

Every complete chapter of Georgetown Roar is loaded and set to publish on consecutive Fridays beginning November 3, 2017. Subsequent installments will be posted as soon as I receive them from the support team, make needed changes, and do a final read. I'm excited to share CJ's further adventures and can't wait to hear what y'all think! :D

This is fantastic news. I’ll wear my plum shirt and celebrate this today. Thank you Sir.

• Like 5

When I had an idea of what I wanted CJ to look like, I went looking online for someone I could use as inspiration/reference when crafting descriptions. I found it in Maxi Iglesias, a young Spaniard who starred in a teen drama and has subsequently headlined several movies. It wasn't an exact match but close enough my tinkering with it still made him ideal.

Here's what he looked like as a teen

image.jpeg.a737f5857003893d7acd0299ab286737.jpeg

And here's what he looks like today at 26 (he's started a run in the Spanish theatre adaptation of The Bodyguard in Madrid.)

image.jpeg.468941d13c727671f57c1a97aca78d1d.jpeg

The older he gets the more he matches my idea of what CJ looks like in his twenties.

• Like 3
  • Wow 1
18 hours ago, dughlas said:

Time to crank up the old Delorean for a leap ... okay, one giant step ... into the future.

LOL

Georgetown: Roar takes place in 2016 so we actually travel back in time. We'll even explore certain events which took place prior to his graduation from high school but were not covered in Walls.The subsequent book, Georgetown: Over The Rainbow, will bring us to 2017!

• Like 3
4 hours ago, Carlos Hazday said:

When I had an idea of what I wanted CJ to look like, I went looking online for someone I could use as inspiration/reference when crafting descriptions. I found it in Maxi Iglesias, a young Spaniard who starred in a teen drama and has subsequently headlined several movies. It wasn't an exact match but close enough my tinkering with it still made him ideal.

Here's what he looked like as a teen

image.jpeg.a737f5857003893d7acd0299ab286737.jpeg

And here's what he looks like today at 26 (he's started a run in the Spanish theatre adaptation of The Bodyguard in Madrid.)

image.jpeg.468941d13c727671f57c1a97aca78d1d.jpeg

The older he gets the more he matches my idea of what CJ looks like in his twenties.

Just needs some chest fur.

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, dughlas said:

Just needs some chest fur.

Mr. Iglesias IS a furball LOL

I'm pretty sure they shaved him down for that TV show and for other appearances. I follow him on Instagram and have seen the hairy chest before. I do describe CJ as being bulkier, more football/rugby player than soccer guy.

• Like 3
5 hours ago, Carlos Hazday said:

Mr. Iglesias IS a furball LOL

I'm pretty sure they shaved him down for that TV show and for other appearances. I follow him on Instagram and have seen the hairy chest before. I do describe CJ as being bulkier, more football/rugby player than soccer guy.

I found a couple with the chest hair but apparently he's shaved it more than once since I also found several with him smooth. 

• Like 3
On 10/20/2017 at 9:10 PM, Defiance19 said:

Naturally, I wonder if there is a senior Mr. Iglesias.. paternal, fraternal?...

LMAO! I never went that much into the research. But I might be willing to overlook my nobody-under-40 rule for him.

Sorry about the delayed response. Yesterday the Hurricanes tried to give me a heart attack for the third week in a row. But my boys are now 6-0 and elegible for a bowl game so the slight hangover was worth the celebrating.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm not going to countdown on status reports, uncertain how many people even pay attention to those things these days. 

But I have a question for the faithful: Traveling's always been a huge part of the story and I'm plotting the summer between CJ's junior and senior college at Georgetown right now. I have a couple of ideas of where to send him but thought I'd ask you guys where you'd like to see him go that break. It's July 2019. Where in the world is CJ?

• Like 2
  • Love 2
24 minutes ago, Carlos Hazday said:

I'm not going to countdown on status reports, uncertain how many people even pay attention to those things these days. 

But I have a question for the faithful: Traveling's always been a huge part of the story and I'm plotting the summer between CJ's junior and senior college at Georgetown right now. I have a couple of ideas of where to send him but thought I'd ask you guys where you'd like to see him go that break. It's July 2019. Where in the world is CJ?

I actually thought of 2 places. Argentina. Where Chipper's mom is. Rich in history and architecture. Also maybe to his ancestral homeland.

• Like 4
11 minutes ago, BlindAmbition said:

I actually thought of 2 places. Argentina. Where Chipper's mom is. Rich in history and architecture. Also maybe to his ancestral homeland.

Travel to Cuba should be pretty commonplace by then!

• Like 4
1 minute ago, Kitt said:

Travel to Cuba should be pretty commonplace by then!

I hope so! I'd like to go once before I die. But considering President Trump recently made it a bit harder for most people to visit, real, open travel may have to wait until he's no longer in office.

• Sad 4

Why wouldn't Ritchie in a couple of years be old enough to join them for at least the back half of the tour....I'd see them staying in youth hostels and using Eurorail passes and maybe renting some motorcycles for part of it....

• Like 3

@Daddydavek

I have to be careful here, can't say anything about where they've been in 2017 and 2018 or reveal something by accident. The first three sections of Georgetown are written and I'm now working on the last one. It covers the period from July 2018 through May 2020 when CJ graduates from college and certain events will put some limitations on their traveling. But a European tour is something most well-off college kids would find attractive.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, dughlas said:

Well being a kilt guy I'd like to see them traipsing about the Highlands but I also like DDK's suggestion if the Canaries and Iberia.

Might be worth it to see/describe Owen in a kilt. I think there's Scottish blood in him. I got as far as his family tracing back an ancestor to the penal colony days of Australia but never pursued further digging.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Carlos Hazday said:

Ritchie would be throwing tantrums if he wasn't included in that trip!

I am surprised he hasn't insisted on heading to Australia yet!

1 hour ago, BlindAmbition said:

Spain would be a really good place for CJ to tour architecture.

So would Italy

• Like 2
  • Love 1