Message added by Myr,

Carlos passed away on Jun 16, 2023:

14 minutes ago, Carlos Hazday said:

Chris, the possibility of spin-off stories involving some of the characters is there. Particularly as the kids age and no longer spend every day together. Unfortunately, my OCD wants me to finish up this series before I start branching out.

Heck I have a couple of Tony and Colt stories, part of the Chelsea Tales series outlined but haven't tackled those yet. since those two have their own 'show' even though they're integral to the CJ series, I may deal with them first and then try Ritchie, Chipper, Harley, Thiago, Brad, or Patrick.

If you do all that lot after you finish the CJ series, depending on how many more books in that. It could be 10 years before you finishing writing about all these characters. Don’t forget School Reunions excetra 😊

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
  • Site Moderator
27 minutes ago, Carlos Hazday said:

Heck I have a couple of Tony and Colt stories, part of the Chelsea Tales series outlined but haven't tackled those yet. since those two have their own 'show' even though they're integral to the CJ series,

This, I did not know. Now, I’m needing to read their story. Oh boy, so much good stuff to read. Where to start when my head stops spinning...

• Like 1
  • Love 2
18 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

This, I did not know. Now, I’m needing to read their story. Oh boy, so much good stuff to read. Where to start when my head stops spinning...

You've never read their stories? Wow

It started as a prompt response that evolved into Solcar. I liked the characters so much I drifted away from the SciFi angle. Today, that story should stand on its own since subsequent ones do not refer to it as the origin of Tony and Colt. I'd go back and revise the whole thing but untangling that mess would be a pain! :P

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Carlos Hazday said:

@chris191070

I have a few years on you, in 10 years I'm not sure I'll be around, much less writing. Until then, I'll keep churning them out. Probably not as fast as readers would like, but it takes time to get them right. I refuse to rush! :P

Well I plan on being around in 10 years and being the elder expect you to be here too.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, dughlas said:

Well I plan on being around in 10 years and being the elder expect you to be here too.

LOL

Have you noticed how the aches and pains seem to increase every year? Daddydavek gave me some great insight on growing older a while back, but I'm still dreading the upcoming 60th.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I keep waiting for a conversation, perhaps on a "chemically altered" stormy evening where the gang discusses the stairs, the movie, and all sorts of other tangents.

One has to wonder why the university, run by Jesuits, would object to having the stairs blessed.  As high and narrow as they are there has to be more than one fall in their history. I would be surprised if there were not, and would expect a death or two to be on record as well.

• Like 3
22 minutes ago, Carlos Hazday said:

@Kitt

Go ahead, keep adding potential scenes to the list. I'll never finish the damn story. :D

I did consider someone falling and breaking a bone but decided I'd rather use them as a prop for Ritchie sneaking a joint with Lucy.

Don’t forget him becoming President 😀

• Like 2

@Wesley8890

I tried to work as many of the main and supporting characters as possible into the first chapter of Roar. Harley got special treatment since he had his own little scene with just CJ. Since he's in Orlando going to school he won't be in every chapter for a while but he'll be around and at one point CJ goes to visit him in Florida! Hope you liked the motorcycle ride in the new chapter and there's another one coming up this Friday.

• Like 4
On 11/6/2017 at 9:14 AM, Kitt said:

That's sort of the idea. CJ, the elite what ever number they are currently at, and the Squad have become family.

1. Cesar
  2. Brett
  3. Tom
  4. JP
  5. Doc
  6. Dasan
  7. Danno
  8. Trip
  9. Dragon

How the heck did I come up with those names? LOL

• Like 2
  • Love 3

Oh, and here's the current Squad membership:

1. CJ
  2. Harley
  3. Thiago
  4. Brad
  5. Patrick
  6. Chipper
  7. Owen
  8. Ritchie
  9. Ethan
  10. Tank
  11. Carson

Rod, Randy, and Ty are ex-officio members.

Edited to add Chipper which somehow I skipped but @Reader1810 was kind enough to remind me off. Funny things is I tried to list them in the order in which they joined the group and had to think about if the Kennedys or Chipper appeared first. I determined the order by when the first met CJ in person. Ritchie became a member when he moved to DC. I LOVE my alert followers! Y'all keep me on my toes.

Edited by Carlos Hazday
  • Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Site Moderator
26 minutes ago, Carlos Hazday said:

Oh, and here's the current Squad membership:

1. CJ
  2. Harley
  3. Thiago
  4. Brad
  5. Patrick
  6. Owen
  7. Ritchie
  8. Ethan
  9. Tank
  10. Carson

Rod, Randy, and Ty are ex-officio members.

Ahem, forgetting someone you are... 

Spoiler

Poor Chipper. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
1 minute ago, Reader1810 said:

Ahem, forgetting someone you are... 

Reveal hidden contents

Poor Chipper. 

Indeed... It also irks me to see Ethan’s name on there. Still learning to come to terms with that. :P

Edited by Defiance19
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2
  • Site Moderator
29 minutes ago, Defiance19 said:

Indeed... It also irks me to see Ethan’s name on there. Still learning to come to terms with that. :P

Def, if you’re irked, just imagine how Ritchie feels. After all, he basically threatened to take the guy out for what Ethan did to Ozzie in ch. 7 of Walls. 

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 2
  • Love 2

Keep an eye out for CJ during ESPN's Game Day show on Saturday broadcasting from the University of Miami campus in Coral Gables. He's flying in to visit Chipper and to attend the Saturday night football game. It's all about the U! Go Canes, crucify the Irish!

To anyone interested in college football I recommend the ESPN 30 for 30 documentary Catholics vs Convicts. Great look back at the rivalry between the University of Miami and Notre Dame University.

For those not so inclined, CJ returns to GA tomorrow in Georgetown: Roar chapter 2. Let's see if he can stay out of trouble when he's in Philadelphia by himself for a week.

• Like 3
22 minutes ago, dughlas said:

A week in Philly and he's alone you say ... hmmm, there's a train leaves shortly. I could be there in just under an hour .

He has Lola and Hunter with him...

The problem is the events in Roar-2 take place in July 2016. The dates are driving me nuts. I'm posting 2016, it's 2017, and I just finished writing chapter 22 which takes place in August 2018. It's killing me not to include current events. I may have to start writing little side stories like Thin Blue Line and Hunting Season more often. I could have some serious fun with CJ and Chipper in Miami. On campus and at Hard Rock Stadium. Of course, CJ would end up getting them into one of the luxury suites. PRObably with Alex Rodrigues and Jennifer Lopez since he does have her cell phone number.

• Like 3
  • Site Moderator
2 hours ago, dughlas said:

A week in Philly and he's alone you say ... hmmm, there's a train leaves shortly. I could be there in just under an hour .

:heart: :heart: :heart: Love the way you think, Dugh! :D 

• Like 1