Message added by Myr,

Carlos passed away on Jun 16, 2023:

On 2/9/2018 at 11:02 AM, Carlos Hazday said:

@Defiance19

How do you like the photo Gus posted today? You should also check out Adam Tippom's page. Cute picture of him and Gus together on both pages. Both men ripped into Pence and I couldn't be prouder of them.

I liked that photo... 😁 I applaud them for speaking out. 

Also, Mr Iglesias.. i see why you modeled CJ after him. Definitely approve. 

• Like 3
13 hours ago, Carlos Hazday said:

@Defiance19

Re: stories set in your hometown.

You had me chuckling when you mentioned a story set in places you recognized. I kept thinking about you walking around Chelsea trying to find PRIME! :rofl:

:P 

12 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

:yes: 

:rolleyes:

Laugh it up you two! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Site Moderator
3 minutes ago, Carlos Hazday said:

Then there's Mann. When I told him I wanted to time the publishing of the story so I could publish this chapter on Valentine's Day he said something about increased sugar levels and the fear of diabetic coma.

:gikkle:

• Like 3
  • Site Moderator
2 minutes ago, Carlos Hazday said:

@spikey582

One day I should compile all the raunchy, sexist, filthy comments he leaves me while editing. The man has me laughing my butt off. Why do you think we get along? :P

I can't think of one reason, not one reason I tell you! :P 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
58 minutes ago, Carlos Hazday said:

@spikey582

One day I should compile all the raunchy, sexist, filthy comments he leaves me while editing. The man has me laughing my butt off. Why do you think we get along? :P

LOL I get to see the best of Mann's comments.  I think Carlos deletes the raunchiest ones though.  Silly man thinks I might get offended.

• Haha 4

After your surprise post on feb 14th i spend all my free time since friday afternoon to binge-read all the CJ chapters to see if i could find the hints for the proposal :)

(you need to do something when your CJ addiction get's out of control due to an unexpected dose and to prevent withdrawal symptoms during the rest of the week)

Only could find one more if you look at the proposal booth, and that was when he asked the lawyer about immigration laws. And now i'm wondering how many more did i miss to please enlight  me Carlos :P

• Like 3
  • Love 2

LMAO

Please step away from the edge of the cliff. We''ll have your medication ready within 48 hours.

I just read something about an author pulling a rabbit out of a hat to achieve a goal and felt good I rarely do that. As a matter of fact, I tend to foreshadow a bit too much.

With the proposal, I tried to be a tad more circumspect. Aside from the two you mention, I need to look at my outline when I'm back on my computer to figure out what, where, and when. One thing I do recall is trying to show CJ being more attentive of Ozzie and always trying to include him. In the previous book, he made a big deal about introducing his bfs during the reception in South Beach and acting a little possessive. Considering how often he said "he's not my boyfriend" and then "we're not married"... In the chapter before the proposal, he told Spencer he might never marry Ozzie and then jumped all over the parents when he thought they were going to snatch him away. He didn't care what the parents wanted, he thought they were not being fair to his not-my-husband and leaped to his defense. One of my goals with that scene was to show how loyal and invested CJ was. Maybe it didn't quite succeed.

Edited by Carlos Hazday
  • Like 4
41 minutes ago, Carlos Hazday said:

One of my goals with that scene was to show how loyal and invested CJ was. Maybe it didn't quite succeed.

I think you did, C. That scene stood out for me, and Im sure others.  We all have CJ’s number, starting with ‘not my boyfriend’. 

I think, imo, what worked was your ability to keep us invested in seeing these two grow closer toward a future, and still blindside us with the proposal. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, Carlos Hazday said:

@Defiance19

I didn't want it to be the usual MM romance where two guys meet and they end up together ten minutes later for the rest of their lives. CJ eventually admits he fell for Owen when they met but we know he was scared of relationships at the time so he refused to own it. It took a couple of years but they got there. Readers probably want a wedding now but we still have to get through a few deaths so who knows what will happen. :whistle:

I’m so grateful for that!

• Like 4
1 minute ago, BlindAmbition said:

@Carlos Hazday, death is a fact of life. If you touch a hair on Harley... You and I will have words papi... Capisce!

I kinda want to blame you, jp.. you brought it up in response to someone’s review? :P 

And never mind Harley, Sean is off limits. However I’m placing whatshisface, right in the line of fire. 

Later all. Lol. 

• Haha 4
  • Site Moderator
38 minutes ago, Defiance19 said:

I kinda want to blame you, jp.. you brought it up in response to someone’s review? :P 

And never mind Harley, Sean is off limits. However I’m placing whatshisface, right in the line of fire. 

Later all. Lol. 

Pardon my senior's moment, but who is whathisface? :unsure: 

• Haha 3