Message added by Myr,

Carlos passed away on Jun 16, 2023:

6 minutes ago, Carlos Hazday said:

Damn New Yorkers don't know how to stroll either! It's always rush, rush, rush.

Ain’t nobody got time for a stroll. This is NY City!! 

1 minute ago, BlindAmbition said:

Yes! You either keep up, or move the feck over in NYC. A whole lotta walking.

Right??!!  Move or be moved!🤭

• Love 1
  • Haha 3
Posted (edited) · Hidden by Reader1810, April 27, 2018 - as requested
Hidden by Reader1810, April 27, 2018 - as requested

In the craziness of last weekend, I forgot to share this. It's the painting CJ and Ozzie bought at the HRC Gala's silent auction.

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 3

As I previously mentioned, I take certain liberties with properties owned by the family. The Valero gas station mentioned in ATGB III is a real development but I'm putting a Cuban restaurant on the ground floor. This is what the new building looks like at the intersection of M and Pennsylvania:

31408424_1006727616160218_21093030208261

• Like 5
4 hours ago, danield said:

Thank you for posting the pics!  I love "seeing" what you describe in cj's story.  

Hopefully, my descriptions are good enough to paint a picture in broad strokes. But I have a few I took during my last trip I'll share when appropriate. I even have some of the house I took myself.

• Like 4
4 hours ago, Daddydavek said:

I see tuckpointing or regrouting bricks in their future too...

LOL I did mention the outside needed a good sandblasting when they first looked at the house. Painted brick isn't my favorite but we'll see what they do.

• Like 3
20 minutes ago, dughlas said:

We know you've added a fourth floor. Is there a basement apartment space? I remember those being common feature in the Dupont Circle area.

I think basement apartments are common all over DC. I know there are plenty of them in the Georgetown area, many rented to students in the past although the university now requires students to live on campus their first three years unless they're locals.

As for CJ & Ozzie's place, I'm uncertain about it in real life. In the story, there won't be. Ozzie already claimed the basement and it won't even be a man cave.

If you look at the side view (or street view in Google maps) the red brick structure behind the house is part of the property. A two-story carriage house which I believe has an apartment on the second floor or maybe the entire thing's been living quarters. I was trying to be discrete when looking through the windows! I have plans for that but for now, :X

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Site Moderator
2 hours ago, Carlos Hazday said:

LOL I did mention the outside needed a good sandblasting when they first looked at the house. Painted brick isn't my favorite but we'll see what they do.

Something tells me with CJ's love and appreciation of architecture, he's a purist when it comes to restoring/preserving the abode that will be his family's home.

This is his - and Ozzie's, of course - chance to make the home be what they want it to be. Having said that, I wonder if FLW influences will find their way into the rebuilding of their - dare I say it? - dream home? 

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 2
Just now, Reader1810 said:

Something tell me with CJ's love and appreciation of architecture, he's a purist when it comes to restoring/preserving the abode that will be his family's home.

This is his - and Ozzie's, of course - chance to make the home be what they want it to be. Having said that, I wonder if FLW influences will find their way into the rebuilding of their - dare I say it? - dream home? 

I'm not telling. Yet. But FLW will be featured again in an upcoming chapter and that may give us some hints. :devil:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Site Moderator
8 minutes ago, Carlos Hazday said:

I'm not telling. Yet. But FLW will be featured again in an upcoming chapter and that may give us some hints. :devil:

If you're trying to get my goat with that adorable emoji, so sorry please try, try and try again. :P 

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

@Reader1810 The first time I saw this thing being used was a few years ago during the Fort Lauderdale Christmas Boat Parade. I thought it was so cool. The video was shot in Miami and I thought it was a nice way to support what I described the guys doing. Since the chapter ends on a somber note, I posted it a day early. It didn't feel right to be so playful after describing a death.

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

good lord!

thank you so much for sharing that!

I watched last night's episode over breakfast this morning (thanks, DVR) this was the final performance of the night and I can't recall any others. Might have something to do with me being a Springsteen fan, having just seen Springsteen on Broadway, and finally reading his autobiography... this performance blew me away. The song's a winner no matter what, particularly when you pay attention to the words and know it was his reaction to 9/11

Edited by Carlos Hazday
  • Like 2