Message added by Myr,

Carlos passed away on Jun 16, 2023:

27 minutes ago, Carlos Hazday said:

You could always do a man bun.

14 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

No, just NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Have I made myself clear enough? 😛 

My hair is not long enough for that.  

• Like 4
  • Site Moderator
4 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Michael was just talking about man buns.. He said if you ever see me doing that you have permission to drown me.  He's not a fan....

Did I tell you that I like Mike? Smart man, he is. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Mikiesboy said:

Michael was just talking about man buns.. He said if you ever see me doing that you have permission to drown me.  He's not a fan....

Somehow I cannot picture you drowning Mike. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
Just now, Kitt said:

Somehow I cannot picture you drowning Mike. 

no ... i dont think i could even if i wanted to ... and well i doubt his hair will EVER be that long.

• Like 4

Man buns look good on some guys. Hell, if I still had hair down to the middle of my back I might be wearing one. Twenty years ago I used to do a ponytail all the time. I just got my summer cut this week and my scalp's visible except right over my forehead. That small tuft is barely long enough to grasp.

• Like 2
  • Site Moderator
1 hour ago, Carlos Hazday said:

Man buns look good on some guys. Hell, if I still had hair down to the middle of my back I might be wearing one. Twenty years ago I used to do a ponytail all the time. I just got my summer cut this week and my scalp's visible except right over my forehead. That small tuft is barely long enough to grasp.

I’ll give you a maybe on that, but I just a tiny maybe. The thing about ponytails and man buns is they are two different hairstyles, so I don’t think you can equate them. Maybe I’m okay with ponytails because they’ve been around since before I was born, but I just think man buns look silly is all. If I’d grown up seeing them my viewpoint might be different. 

• Haha 1
9 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

I’ll give you a maybe on that, but I just a tiny maybe. The thing about ponytails and man buns is they are two different hairstyles, so I don’t think you can equate them. Maybe I’m okay with ponytails because they’ve been around since before I was born, but I just think man buns look silly is all. If I’d grown up seeing them my viewpoint might be different. 

Forget the hair, check out the man buns ...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Kitt said:

I'm with dugh, the only man buns I want to see would be inside the kilts he sells!

Spent the afternoon helping clean the shop in prep for the Celtic Fling in two weeks.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, dughlas said:

Spent the afternoon helping clean the shop in prep for the Celtic Fling in two weeks.

Not sure if you know who the Property Brothers are. Reality TV. One of the twins recently married and the wedding was a TV special. Being of Scotish background, there were a lot of kilts in the wedding party. Thought of you when I saw that. :P

• Like 1
  • Love 1
19 minutes ago, Carlos Hazday said:

Not sure if you know who the Property Brothers are. Reality TV. One of the twins recently married and the wedding was a TV special. Being of Scotish background, there were a lot of kilts in the wedding party. Thought of you when I saw that. :P

I didn't watch but knew they wore kilts for Drew and Linda's wedding.

• Like 2

@Defiance19

This is from the next chapter:

“Fuck you, Sean. You didn’t have to come if our choice was so bad.”

“Shut the hell up, CJ. You think I’d miss this?” The smirk on the New York City bartender made CJ happy.

• Wow 2
9 minutes ago, Carlos Hazday said:

@Defiance19

This is from the next chapter:

Hmm. Wonder what precipitated this.  I know me withholding from Sean, until he gets his act right puts him in a foul mood.. 😉 At least he’s not quite serious about whatever it was. 

• Haha 2
5 minutes ago, Carlos Hazday said:

We're gonna start with the one in the gray t-shirt in back on the left. We'll skip the cornrows for now and go right to the bald bearded one. After him, I'm not sure...

Yes please, I will have one on one, I mean assist you, with bald and bearded. 😝 

• Haha 3
  • Wow 1

The boys are back in town!

They arrived in Washington yesterday, ready to finish preparations for the nuptials. Today, however, they'll be celebrating the Washington Capitals winning the Stanley Cup. Hockey-crazed Patrick is dragging them to the parade running down Constitution Avenue and ending in a rally at the National Mall. His Boston Bruins may have been eliminated but the Caps are his backup team.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

This happened more years ago than I care to remember. It's proof the way CJ meets famous people happens.

I was in Los Angeles for a fraternity brother's wedding and an old friend from school invited a few of us she knew for dinner at her place one night. She wanted us to meet her fiance--Bill Parducci, son of the founder. Anne had told Bill I was a wine drinker and he had a few bottles ready for me to taste. I fell in love with their Petite Sirah and drank the stuff for months maybe years afterward. Bill and I remained in touch and I was able to buy a few bottles of stuff normally not available to the public directly. Sadly, I lost touch with Anne and Bill but I'll never forget that meeting. He brought wine bottled in such small amount then only family and close friends had access to it.

That's the short version. If we were sharing a bottle of vino I'm certain I could embellish it some LOL

• Love 1

In August 2017 I spent a week in New Orleans for a convention. Wandering through the Garden District I found a place for a hot-towel shave the day of the closing banquet. I ended up with the owner shaving me and we talked. I mentioned the CJ series, how I'd created an up-scale barbershop and how his shop embodied my fictitious location. He graciously waived the no-photographs-allowed policy.

If you're ever in the Crescent City, check out Aidan Gill for Men. Here's a link to the website and a picture of the front area of the shop. This is what I imagine The Polished Man looks like.

https://www.aidangillformen.com/

28337469_973238069509173_167798690119778

• Like 3
  • Wow 2

I noted one important item missing from the recent chapter featuring the wedding ... what was the ancient biker from FL wearing?

I thought it clever you had the guys visiting Neiman-Marcus for measurements, etc. suggesting formal wear and the wedding party wore casual dress.

But only one former president on the guest list. Is that because only one lives locally? It was kind and touching of the Obamas to attend discretely.

• Like 2