Message added by Myr,

Carlos passed away on Jun 16, 2023:

17 minutes ago, dughlas said:

I noted one important item missing from the recent chapter featuring the wedding ... what was the ancient biker from FL wearing?

I thought it clever you had the guys visiting Neiman-Marcus for measurements, etc. suggesting formal wear and the wedding party wore casual dress.

But only one former president on the guest list. Is that because only one lives locally? It was kind and touching of the Obamas to attend discretely.

A Harley-Davidson branded short-sleeved shirt, jeans, and boots? I never got that far LOL

I tried to keep the attire a surprise until the last moment. The conversation with Yousef during dinner, CJ mentioning a Great Gatsby theme to Brett, and the garment bags carried aboard the motorhome where misdirections.

As for who else attended :X

More shall be revealed in the next chapter. :P

For the record, I took some literary liberties with Secret Service presence and behavior. They weren't as intrusive any of the times I've met a President in person.

• Like 4
19 minutes ago, Carlos Hazday said:

A couple of pictures from the honeymoon...

How did you work it so you got to go along for the honeymoon?

Edited by dughlas
I can hear CJ now ... "Awwww c'mon Ozzie just let me shoot him"
  • Haha 3

@dughlas

Real world break...

I took those pics in New Mexico a few years ago. That experience inspired the honeymoon flight. I changed the name but the description of the balloon captain is based on the guy I went up with. While talking to him I knew one day I would write about the experience. They do have balloon flights in Napa.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, dughlas said:

I often see balloons when I walk the pup at sunrise ...

Its a great experience. Moderately expensive but it was something I'd wanted to do for a while. Think about giving it a try.

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

A reader e-mailed this link to me a couple of days ago. He did so because of the low-priced oysters at Old Ebbits Grill I mentioned in the story. However, he didn't even realize that wasn't the only restaurant on the list I've used. Can you figure out the other ones?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/style/wp/2018/07/19/feature/a-taste-of-the-nations-most-popular-restaurants/?utm_term=.7ee1acd517e2

• Like 1
  • Site Moderator
6 minutes ago, Carlos Hazday said:

A reader e-mailed this link to me a couple of days ago. He did so because of the low-priced oysters at Old Ebbits Grill I mentioned in the story. However, he didn't even realize that wasn't the only restaurant on the list I've used. Can you figure out the other ones?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/style/wp/2018/07/19/feature/a-taste-of-the-nations-most-popular-restaurants/?utm_term=.7ee1acd517e2

Hmm... *puts on Thinking Cap* 

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Site Moderator
4 minutes ago, Carlos Hazday said:

A Florida kid gets thrown out for being gay and ends up going to Georgetown University.

Who makes this shit up?

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/article216133015.html

If this was a movie, it would have been laughed at for the implausibly of this ever happening. 

Way to go Georgetown! Awesome break for Seth and I love what he’s doing with the money raised by the Go Fund Me account. :thumbup: :thumbup:

• Like 3
11 hours ago, chris191070 said:

I hope CJ and Owen are going to this 

I'm currently working on the chapter covering the end of June 2019. CJ and Owen will be in New York then. One problem is since I'm writing in the future, certain events will not have the reality background I usually employ.  Y'all will have to forgive me if certain things are slightly generic; I don't want to predict too much and end up getting things wrong.

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...

I wasn't about to be caught taking pictures on my way to the bathroom!

Notice the menu boards on the third picture? I mentioned those when CJ and Ozzie took Geoff and Pam to lunch there.

I'm in love with the seafoam green blender. It helped create the best 12.00 chocolate milkshake I've ever had. It was so rich I couldn't finish it and my friend did when she joined me.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Site Moderator
16 minutes ago, Carlos Hazday said:

Notice the menu boards on the third picture? I mentioned those when CJ and Ozzie took Geoff and Pam to lunch there.

I'm in love with the seafoam green blender. It helped create the best 12.00 chocolate milkshake I've ever had. It was so rich I couldn't finish it and my friend did when she joined me.

Okay, now I really must visit NYC so I can go here. Funny, how this is on the top of my "Must See" list for this landmark full city, eh? 

• Like 1
On 9/8/2018 at 4:20 PM, Carlos Hazday said:

When I was a kid the local diner counter had one of those blenders. I loved the milkshakes.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, dughlas said:

Thanks for thinking of us.

I always think of my friends. Plus in this case I can relate. I've lived through a few When it's a winter storm all I can think about is pretty snow and a roaring fireplace to keep warm.

BTW, if you look up the definition of Hurricane in the Urban Dictionary, the first four are magnificent! They may even bring on a smile.

• Like 5
4 minutes ago, Carlos Hazday said:

Damn CJ for adding me to Schott's mailing list.

Well you're an old biker ... if he didn't add you, you'd likely have missed this cool piece of info... just saying...

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2