Message added by Myr,

Carlos passed away on Jun 16, 2023:

I'm not sure why profiles list age twice. I forgot to change that one back in April. GA automatically calculas your age based on your DoB which is required. I'm 57 years, 2 months & 1 day old

Let's not get carried away with this late 50's thing since I'm nearly 5 months older. Though I've felt every bit of those years here of late ...

Let's not get carried away with this late 50's thing since I'm nearly 5 months older. Though I've felt every bit of those years here of late ...

I can relate! The aches and pains have become slightly more noticeable in the past couple of years. I'm awaiting further evidence hoping this is just a temporary adjustment. Ibuprofen is my best friend!

• Like 1

Newcomer to the series so SPOILERS etc! :)

Just consumed chapter three of "Summer" and I'm loving it! Though having seen a dozen cryptic warnings about horrific cliffhangers in this story scattered across the forum I'm also a little nervous... :P

It's not just the story but the little things that are getting me involved - details like César and Brett's pet names (César/Caesar/Emperor, I felt so clever when I got that lol) or the mention of the twenty-first century beginning in 2001, not 2000. Weird, perhaps, but little things like that do it for me. :)

*returns to reading*

Edited by buildercub
  • Like 4

Newcomer to the series so SPOILERS etc! :)

Just consumed chapter three of "Summer" and I'm loving it! Though having seen a dozen cryptic warnings about horrific cliffhangers in this story scattered across the forum I'm also a little nervous... :P

It's not just the story but the little things that are getting me involved - details like César and Brett's pet names (César/Caesar/Emperor, I felt so clever when I got that lol) or the mention of the twenty-first century beginning in 2001, not 2000. Weird, perhaps, but little things like that do it for me. :)

*returns to reading*

Cub, you're on your way to becoming one of the favored readers!

If you liked the Emperor nickname,(you SHOULD feel clever, you're the first reader to comment on that) and got a cheap thrill out of the distinction between the millenium and the new century, you'll have plenty of things to keep you happy. Easter Eggs abound in most of my stories.

Cliffhangers? Nah! We don't need no stinking cliffhangers. Anyway, by the time you get to the end of Summer, Autumn will have begun. Chapter 1 will post Wednesday, July 1.

• Like 1

I can relate! The aches and pains have become slightly more noticeable in the past couple of years. I'm awaiting further evidence hoping this is just a temporary adjustment. Ibuprofen is my best friend!

Really, you guys don't make it sound too good for the up and comers.... 

• Like 2

Ughh, guys, I'm in my late 50s, ya know?

Kitt, one brother lives in Miami, the other one's in Short Hills. The rents are up there now visiting, he wanted me to go up this week but I'm saving the NYC area trip for winter so I can get my dose of cold weather walking around the city.

Carlos, in many, many, many year, if you ever feel too old to write I'm volunteering to be your hands to type  ^_^

• Like 1

Really, you guys don't make it sound too good for the up and comers.... 

I blame all my aches and pains on too much partying in my youth. I finally had to slow down when I hit 55!

Carlos! It isn't nice to lie to the cubs!

Everybody lies to the Cubs, the fans always say this is the year they'll win the series...

Oh, not those Cubs... in the infamous words of Roxanne Roxanna Danna, Well, never mind.

Edited by Carlos Hazday
  • Like 4

Oh where do I start  :rolleyes:

On a more serious note, I did like this opening chapter, it resolved quite a bit of the alleged cliffie but has opened so many other issues Don't want to be a member of the Arlington Police Force either the Chief or the two monkeys.

I got so caught up in the CJ saga I forgot about the shooting  :o

• Like 1

:D

So far, so good. Three positive reviews, and not one single request fo me to be hung by my toes. After all the calls from the VIPs the Chief was probably wondering how to make sure he himself didn't lose his job.

Could you imagine having to meet CJ's dads? An imposing marine and a big muscular guy driving a top of the line Cadillac. The smell of testosterone and money was in the air!

:D

So far, so good. Three positive reviews, and not one single request fo me to be hung by my toes. After all the calls from the VIPs the Chief was probably wondering how to make sure he himself didn't lose his job.

Could you imagine having to meet CJ's dads? An imposing marine and a big muscular guy driving a top of the line Cadillac. The smell of testosterone and money was in the air!

Imagining them with smiles as they meet me  :*)

Imagining the looks they would have given  :(

• Like 1

Nick Youngquest is hosting the Invictus competition on the web, check it out. He looks AND souns yummy

Of course the Aussie accent is sexier to us than to you, you get it all the time!

Nick Youngquest is hosting the Invictus competition on the web, check it out. He looks AND souns yummy

Of course the Aussie accent is sexier to us than to you, you get it all the time!

I just wish he would stop shaving. He used to have a sexy amount of fur

This is totally off topic except that it relates to a sexy hairy muscular biker...

Still got you interested?

In Oliver Sacks? Yes the Oliver Sacks.

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/photos/2015/05/oliver-sacks-autobiography-photographs

Wow

Damn! Biker Daddy!

That picture of him by the bike, dripping wet is beefcake art at it's best!

• Like 1