Message added by Myr,

Carlos passed away on Jun 16, 2023:

1 minute ago, Reader1810 said:

Side note. Great pic of Nick Younquest. :)

Were you able to read the caption. He was running to support the Human Rights Campaign. And the shirt he's wearing was made to show support for the Russian GLBT community when Puting started curtailing rights. He was very public in his opposition to the Kremlin and the puppet master back then.

• Like 1
  • Site Moderator
16 minutes ago, Carlos Hazday said:

Were you able to read the caption. He was running to support the Human Rights Campaign. And the shirt he's wearing was made to show support for the Russian GLBT community when Puting started curtailing rights. He was very public in his opposition to the Kremlin and the puppet master back then.

If you mean the blurb starting with 'Action', then yes, I can see it. 

• Like 2
36 minutes ago, Carlos Hazday said:

That' my number 1 peeve right now. I feel bad leaving readers hanging since I've meticuously replied to reviews/comments in the past

The system's still showing a bunch of stories I've never even read as my favorites but If that's  not fixed soon I'll just ask for that section of my profile not to show.

Well, while I'm getting around the new site. It really sucks for us blind individuals. Way too many unlabeled buttons and links... Accessibility gestures only work about 80%. Takes twice as long to navigate. 
 Old site more blind -friendly! 

I should have written more in my comment but don't want to go back because of the second page problem

I'm worried about Wingnut and all those stairs. Some dogs don't adjust...

Every time Ritchie says The Captain and Mr A, I keep thinking of the Captain and Tennille, I might be showing my age lol

• Like 3
1 hour ago, BlindAmbition said:

Another great chapter Carlos... I can always count on you to start my Friday with a smile. I look forward to seeing how you fit Ritchie into the Squad ". Will be fun to see if he becomes CJ's mini-me! 

Ritchie's 5 years younger than CJ and the rest of the Squad (the age difference's even larger with Ozzie and Ethan) and while he'll be in middle school his brother will be leaving for college in a year. It may be tough to incorporate him fully but he'll be around.

• Like 2
55 minutes ago, Bucket1 said:

I should have written more in my comment but don't want to go back because of the second page problem

I'm worried about Wingnut and all those stairs. Some dogs don't adjust...

Every time Ritchie says The Captain and Mr A, I keep thinking of the Captain and Tennille, I might be showing my age lol

Wingnut will do fine. My old Golden Retriever had no problem with my stairs until right before I had to put him to sleep.

You think the family will survivve Wingnut and Ritchie? Will love keep them together? :D

• Like 4

I've replied to all the comments on the chapter posted today. I've given some explanations of certain items so you may want to read through my responses. Keep them coming guys. Today was a lot smoother than last week. Many bugs have been squashed and I'm certain more will die in the coming week. I'm looking forward to really enjoying the new software without worrying about one of those suckers showing up to spoill our enjoymment :D

• Like 3
  • Site Moderator
4 hours ago, Carlos Hazday said:

You think the family will survivve Wingnut and Ritchie? Will love keep them together? :D

I have no doubt that they all will be very happy, together. :D

• Like 2
Just now, Kitt said:

With my golden stairs were never a problem. Now - keeping him out of the water...

I know right? When I sold my house with a pool and bought one without Samson wasn't happy. He'd try to jump in the Jeep whenever I left the house with a towel and no shirt. Unfortunately the number of beaches around here where dogs are welcome isn't large.

• Like 2
  • Site Moderator
10 minutes ago, Carlos Hazday said:

So, 1810. Squad vs Legion...

Um... I'm thinking, I'm thinking

Squad

defined as a crew, posse, gang: an informal group of individuals with a common identity and a sense of solidarity. 

Legion

defined as a military force or a very large number. 

Given the two definitions, my vote is for squad. :yes:

• Like 3
Just now, Reader1810 said:

Um... I'm thinking, I'm thinking

Squad

defined as a crew, posse, gang: an informal group of individuals with a common identity and a sense of solidarity. 

Legion

defined as a military force or a very large number. 

Given the two definitions, my vote is for squad. :yes:

Sorry I kept you in the dark about the change but I wanted to surprise you. And thanks for the definitions, I think the one for Squad hits the nail right on the head. The guys rallied around CJ after the incident in New York and around Brad when he was getting out of control. A sense of solidarity for sure.

Plus I was able to keep the comic books connection which fit nicely with Ritchie.

• Like 4
21 hours ago, BlindAmbition said:

Another great chapter Carlos... I can always count on you to start my Friday with a smile. I look forward to seeing how you fit Ritchie into the Squad ". Will be fun to see if he becomes CJ's mini-me! 

I think Ritchie has enough of his own personality to be himself. He will assuredly copy some of the behaviours of CJ and the Squad, just as those guys copy the adults but, he'll be himself. I think having an older brother like CJ has allowed him to develop a strong sense of self and confidence. Add the new influences and he's bound to be another awesome kid. It will be interesting to see the friends he gathers for himself. We know there's Patrick but what others might we meet?

• Like 5
2 hours ago, dughlas said:

I think Ritchie has enough of his own personality to be himself. He will assuredly copy some of the behaviours of CJ and the Squad, just as those guys copy the adults but, he'll be himself. I think having an older brother like CJ has allowed him to develop a strong sense of self and confidence. Add the new influences and he's bound to be another awesome kid. It will be interesting to see the friends he gathers for himself. We know there's Patrick but what others might we meet?

I think you'll be surprised at who Ritchie makes friends with at school :D

Dugh, I received a notification you left a new comment on the last chapter. Since it's gone to the second page I'm unable to read it or reply. I will as soon as the frickin' bug gets squashed. I'm taking deep breaths to calm myself and not get too annoyed. :yes:

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, Carlos Hazday said:

Dugh, I received a notification you left a new comment on the last chapter. Since it's gone to the second page I'm unable to read it or reply. I will as soon as the frickin' bug gets squashed. I'm taking deep breaths to calm myself and not get too annoyed. :yes:

Be patient dear. The guys are out gremlin hunting as fast as they can. We just have em outnumbered and can find the issues faster than they can fix em!

• Like 5
Just now, Kitt said:

Be patient dear. The guys are out gremlin hunting as fast as they can. We just have em outnumbered and can find the issues faster than they can fix em!

<<grumble>> <<grumble>> <<grumble>>

I know, I just hate to think someone may infer I'm ignoring them!

But, problems like the ones BlindAmbition's having are more important right now. Based on the number of comments the chapter had, I may wait a full 24 hours before replying to them next week. Maybe if I do that, the first page will capture everything from the readers and I'll reply starting at the bottom so I can catch as many of them as possible.

• Like 4
  • Site Moderator
32 minutes ago, Carlos Hazday said:

may wait a full 24 hours before replying to them next week. Maybe if I do that, the first page will capture everything from the readers and I'll reply starting at the bottom so I can catch as many of them as possible.

Sound reasoning Carlos. :thumbup:

48 minutes ago, Carlos Hazday said:

But, problems like the ones BlindAmbition's having are more important right now. Based on the number of comments the chapter had, I may wait a full 24 hours before replying to them next week. Maybe if I do that, the first page will capture everything from the readers and I'll reply starting at the bottom so I can catch as many of them as possible.

Thx for your empathy! I am doing ok getting around now. Just have to remember which links and buttons are without labels. Hopefully one of many bugs to be squashed!

I don't think people will think you're ignoring them... However, you're concern shows your character!

• Like 5
6 hours ago, Carlos Hazday said:

I know better than to think you were ignoring me and I think the rest of your readers are the same ...

• Like 1