Message added by Myr,

Carlos passed away on Jun 16, 2023:

@Okiegrad

So glad to see my sexy Harley back in the story!!  I've missed his sexy self, and that big bat of his!!  Hopefully he will use it soon so we can see who he uses it with.  I still can't tell for sure if he's 100% straight, or if there might be a little bi in there somewhere hehehe.  Yet another great chapter!!

Dman! Harley again LOL I think he's had the most 'air time' except for CJ, his dads, and Ozzie and people still want more. Let me see what I can do. :D

• Like 5

@Parker Owens

I love the ending to this chapter, as it is so very true. Maturing seniors are so often walking human contradictions. No wonder parents go crazy trying to figure them out. And for the record, I still have my Legos.

CJ and the Squad are definitely kids. He may be mature and some of it will rub off on his friends but he's still 17 at this point. I think the back and forth fits him.

• Like 5

@dughlas

Great back-to-school chapter. Have to admit it threw me for a minute when I read that Ritchie was attending the Friends school until it clicked that he was too young for Walls. I wonder if he and CJ were permitted the same type of interaction in front of Lourdis and Rich as they have with the dads. My guess is no. He reflects some of what may have been his father's attitude when he questioned CJ about "allowing" Ozzie to go out without him. 

CJ obviously dislikes Thiago's current lady. Hope his feelings don't cause problems with their friendship.

As expected CJ is a supportive co-chair for the GSA. His encouragement of the young lady and having her take the lead during the meeting has got to boost her confidence. Bet she's a dynamo be the end of the year. Harley as always is a star.

The squad's plans were interesting to hear. Curious as to what Harley really want's to do? It seems that CJ supports his desire. I'm sure with time we'll find out. Does Brad have some underlying issues? He seemed far more confident and assured when we first met him. While he appears to have sorted himself. The earlier falling into drunkness seems an escape attempt. The lack of direction for after school ... I need to keep in mind he's really still a kid ... being uncertain isn't a mortal sin.

Then of course there is the question of what CJ would like to do for his birthday ... hmmmm, all this build up.

You know there's really just one major flaw with this all of this ... we have to wait until next Friday for more.

Come on bud, it's not that long a wait. Plus you know I'm one of the reliable ones who posts religiously.

Friends School's a DC institution. Roosevelt, Clinton and Obama sent their kids there and Biden's grandchildren also attended. And that's just the tip of the iceberg. And you're correct, the kid's too young for Walls. I think Ritchie's concerns over Ozzie have a lot to do with his first encounter with Ethan. Hopefully, the kid will shed some of his concerns as he becomes more comfortable with all the men surrounding him. Even at Walls, with it's high academic standards, some students may skip college in favor of something else. We'll see what the undecided ones want to do. Pretty sure Brad will be okay.

• Like 4
13 minutes ago, Carlos Hazday said:

@Okiegrad

Dman! Harley again LOL I think he's had the most 'air time' except for CJ, his dads, and Ozzie and people still want more. Let me see what I can do. :D

LOL!... Its your fault about Harley. He is your creation Carlos. 
 You just have a way of bringing out the best in your characters. Characters with BIG personalities! 

• Like 3
Just now, BlindAmbition said:

LOL!... Its your fault about Harley. He is your creation Carlos. 
 You just have a way of bringing out the best in your characters. Characters with BIG personalities! 

Or big penises! At least I avoided the common trend to give the main character the bigger one :rofl:

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, Carlos Hazday said:

Or big penises! At least I avoided the common trend to give the main character the bigger one :rofl:

Actually, You were cruel!! You gave the straight guy the big penis. What's with that? LOL!

• Like 5
15 minutes ago, Kitt said:

What you didn't say was how many more books publish between now and that HEA!

You mean I can't rest on my laurels and end the whole thing with the kids graduating from Walls? Damn!

Let's see if I can come up with something.

• Like 4
18 minutes ago, Carlos Hazday said:

You mean I can't rest on my laurels and end the whole thing with the kids graduating from Walls? Damn!

Let's see if I can come up with something.

You've got a story with a bunch of teenage boys, something's bound to come up ... ... ... not that ... ... ... well yeah, probably that too.

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, dughlas said:

You've got a story with a bunch of teenage boys, something's bound to come up ... ... ... not that ... ... ... well yeah, probably that too.

What he doesn't know yet... He will be writing CJ FOREVER! *grin*

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Carlos Hazday said:

@spikey582

I don't do cliffies. Never. Ever.

Hate to brake it to you but CJ's move using Harley to break the ice marks him as a budding politicina. Although his purpose is noble, he's still manipulating others to get what he wants. Could you imagine if his intent was nefarious. Reminds me of the old fear about what would happen if Superman used his powers for evil!

If you go back and read the September 2014 chapter you'll notice many of the events are the same but the tone and outlook are different. I wanted to show changes in the boys and also give a lighter look consistent with much more self assured young men. The comedy was fun to write.

Thanks, Spike!

Guys, it's official Carlos is in denial about his cliffies.  Next thing you know, every chapter will be filled with more sap than a Nicholas Sparks novel...

• Like 3
55 minutes ago, dughlas said:

At that age I'm certain it's an hourly occurrance. Although maybe CJ leaves home satisfied most mornings. :)

• Like 2
31 minutes ago, spikey582 said:

Guys, it's official Carlos is in denial about his cliffies.  Next thing you know, every chapter will be filled with more sap than a Nicholas Sparks novel...

Okay, I'll own up to a couple of the darn things. CJ's arrest/Tom's shooting/Adriano's accident at the end of Summer. That took a lot of people by surprise and I got chewed out by some. By the time Brett's helicopter crashed at the end of Winter, readers were more accustomed to my style and any fear they may have had about me abandoning the story (something I swore I'd never do since I despise when authors leave me hanging) allowed most people to grumble but not want to stake me.

However, I do find it interesting the GA master cliffhanger, the god of cliffies, has the same initials as CJ. I cursed C James loudly while reading Circumnavigation. Cost me a few hours of sleep because I couldn't put the tablet down! Maybe I should try for his approach instead of mushy stuff :D

• Like 3
11 minutes ago, Carlos Hazday said:

Okay, I'll own up to a couple of the darn things. CJ's arrest/Tom's shooting/Adriano's accident at the end of Summer. That took a lot of people by surprise and I got chewed out by some. By the time Brett's helicopter crashed at the end of Winter, readers were more accustomed to my style and any fear they may have had about me abandoning the story (something I swore I'd never do since I despise when authors leave me hanging) allowed most people to grumble but not want to stake me.

However, I do find it interesting the GA master cliffhanger, the god of cliffies, has the same initials as CJ. I cursed C James loudly while reading Circumnavigation. Cost me a few hours of sleep because I couldn't put the tablet down! Maybe I should try for his approach instead of mushy stuff :DWe could create a whole new section for Carlos. Instead of Promising Author... How about Promising cliffhanger!! 

• Like 1
  • Site Moderator
3 hours ago, Carlos Hazday said:

I don't do cliffies. Never. Ever.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:  

You said that with your fingers crossed behind your back, so we wouldn't see, didn't you? 

• Like 5
  • Site Moderator
4 hours ago, Carlos Hazday said:

Legos have to be the greatest toy. The more modern version of Lincoln Logs. And yes, thore are still made too. I bought some for my nephews as a present a few years ago.

Legos absolutely do rock, but they're not just for kids. I made a lego architecture version of the Trevi Fountain in Rome, Italy last year and I'm on the lookout for a new architecture piece to bookend it. 

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 2

My son and I spent hours on Sunday afternoons playing with his legos. This was of course several years ago not a recent Sunday. They're still in storage tubs in his old room.

• Like 4
  • Site Moderator
Just now, dughlas said:

My son and I spent hours on Sunday afternoons playing with his legos. This was of course several years ago not a recent Sunday. They're still in storage tubs in his old room.

For me that was one of the great things about babysitting. The boy I babysat had a ton of the bricks - you know, before they all became kits of specific things to build - with all sorts of different shapes and things so you could use your imagination and build whatever you wanted. 

• Like 3
23 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

For me that was one of the great things about babysitting. The boy I babysat had a ton of the bricks - you know, before they all became kits of specific things to build - with all sorts of different shapes and things so you could use your imagination and build whatever you wanted. 

7 minutes ago, dughlas said:

Jon had several kits but everything eventually ended up in the tubs and we just built whatever we wanted and then we took it apart and made something else.

I always liked the free play best. Although I do own the Lego version of the White House and the Guggenheim Museum

• Like 5