Message added by Myr,

Carlos passed away on Jun 16, 2023:

• Site Moderator
7 minutes ago, Carlos Hazday said:

I always liked the free play best. Although I do own the Lego version of the White House and the Guggenheim Museum

I thought about getting the Whitehouse or the Guggenheim - there's a new version of that out right now - but I can't make up my mind. I find myself exploring the Lego store when I go to the mall to see if there's anything new that would coordinate well with the fountain. 

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

I thought about getting the Whitehouse or the Guggenheim - there's a new version of that out right now - but I can't make up my mind. I find myself exploring the Lego store when I go to the mall to see if there's anything new that would coordinate well with the fountain. 

The Guggenheim has lots of specialized parts because of its shape, it's a much better looking building and model

• Like 2
1 hour ago, dughlas said:

Jon had several kits but everything eventually ended up in the tubs and we just built whatever we wanted and then we took it apart and made something else.

I got a set for my best friend's son last year. However, his idea of art is leaving them strewn across the house. 

• Like 2

@JeffreyL

A CJ and company fix is always a good thing. As usual, there was a lot of fun stuff going on. If I haven't said it lately, your conversation writing is always spot on! To me the dialogue always seems realistic and never forced or stilted. Without meaning to sound whiny was this chapter a little shorter than usual? Maybe the problem was me devouring this latest installment. Anyway, thanks! Jeff

Jeff- Are you implying I'm your supplier when you need a fix? :gikkle:

I do love writing dialogue and try to place myself in the characters' shoes when doing so. It's good to hear it works for you.

You're not the first to think this chapter was shorter. According to GA, it was 5,048 words long while the previous one was 5,212. Walls chapters have ranged from 3,722 to 7,117. And according to my spreadsheet, the average for all Walls chapters sits at around 5,600. Maybe it is a little shorter than average but it was longer than the previous one. You guys are just getting greedy :rofl:

• Like 1

I've taken advantage of a new feature available to promoted authors and created banners for each of the CJ Series books. They should show up atop the page for each story and chapter.

If you get a chance, take a look and let me know what you think. I've also done a couple of my other stories and if you guys like them I'll do the rest.

• Like 3
10 minutes ago, Carlos Hazday said:

I've taken advantage of a new feature available to promoted authors and created banners for each of the CJ Series books. They should show up atop the page for each story and chapter.

If you get a chance, take a look and let me know what you think. I've also done a couple of my other stories and if you guys like them I'll do the rest.

I can't see it... But, I support the change. LOL!

• Like 3
1 minute ago, BlindAmbition said:

I can't see it... But, I support the change. LOL!

Smartass!

You're gonna let a little thing like blindness stop you? I'll write up descriptions of each of them and post them for you and anyone else with a visial handicap. Remind me if I don't do it by the end of the week!

• Like 2
  • Site Moderator
1 hour ago, BlindAmbition said:

Less than 24 hours until my CJ fix.. I'm like a crack whore going through withdrawals! ?

I can relate. I will admit to more than one night of insomnia knowing that the chapter was coming in the wee hours of the morning.  You would think it was Christmas or something... :P

Come to think of it, why does Carlos set his chapter to release at crazy o'clock in the morning? :unsure:

Wouldn't it be better in the early evening - of Thursday not Friday, mind you - so that we're all set with our drinks and snacks to sustain us as we devour the latest instalment of this great saga? :yes:

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

I can relate. I will admit to more than one night of insomnia knowing that the chapter was coming in the wee hours of the morning.  You would think it was Christmas or something... :P

Come to think of it, why does Carlos set his chapter to release at crazy o'clock in the morning? :unsure:

Wouldn't it be better in the early evening - of Thursday not Friday, mind you - so that we're all set with our drinks and snacks to sustain us as we devour the latest instalment of this great saga? :yes:

@Carlos Hazday Is like a pimp! Gets you all addicted and crap ... You find yourself begging!

• Like 3

@Reader1810 I started posting overnight so the Aussies and Euros would get the chapter on Friday afternoon/evening. Yanks and Canucks get it first thing Friday morning. That leaves the entire week for readers to enjoy the chapter and leave comments before returning to work on Monday.

@BlindAmbition You darn junkies! Your weekly fix is now available. :D

Edited by Carlos Hazday
  • Like 4
4 hours ago, Carlos Hazday said:

@Reader1810 I started posting overnight so the Aussies and Euros would get the chapter on Friday afternoon/evening. Yanks and Canucks get it first thing Friday morning. That leaves the entire week for readers to enjoy the chapter and leave comments before returning to work on Monday.

4 hours ago, Carlos Hazday said:

Thank You Papi! LOL! ?

• Like 2

@JayT

You're welcome! :)

Since the story's set in the real world I try to stick as close as possible to reality when referencing actual events. CJ and Ozzie already had a discussion about the SCOTUS decision and I figure since there's a future lawyer involved in all this I need to be careful with generalizations. CJ may never become a lawyer himself but he has increasing dealings with them and having a Ozzie and Ethan around he's bound to recognize proper terminoly. And since the story's being told primarily from his POV...

• Like 5

@Daddydavek

If I could I would post twice a week, but I can't whip the support team any more than I am already!

We'll get a look at why Robbie wants CJ so badly in the first chapter of the next book but there will be a few other interactions in between now and then.

I want you to know I thought a lot about you while writing this chapter. I had the baseball game in my outline as the time for the proposal from the moment the Cubbies made it to the playoffs. Them playing the Cards and beating them that game brought you to mind.

• Like 4

@gazza456

I woke up to post the chapter since post dating them isn't feasible until a software bug is fixed. Once I knew it was up and looked okay, I went back to sleep. But I'm still going to nap after I finish replying to comments left so far and I eat something for lunch.

• Like 3

@dughlas

I tried to make CJ's 'chats' with Rubio strong but polite. I'm sure Cesar keeps reminding his son there's no need to burn bridges even if Brett pushes for more confrontations. As for the invitation by the neighbors, it's fairly common in my experience. Georgetown's a fairly wealthy neighborhood and it's bound to have some 'liberal Republicans' who would invite their neighbors as a courtesy and in hopes of convincing them. We know neither one of the dads has been very vocal about political entanglements before so it would be natural for them to show up even if they 'forget' their checkbook at home.

• Like 4

@Wesley8890

Poor Rubio, everyone seems to enjoy CJ ripping him a new one on a regular basis. I originally picked him for an appearance in Summer because he was from Florida. When he announced he was running for President I started paying attention to him; he was perfect for an expanded role so CJ could voice his views.

Since this chapter takes place in 2015, the Cubbies end their run early. We'll see what I come up with for the 2016 World Series.

• Like 4

@Defiance19

You and Ethan share a lot of things, Def. Here's a spoiler for you: He graduates from law school next month (May 2017) and has accepted a job offer from the same Manhattan firm his father works for and he's interned at over the summers. He'll be moving back to Long Island for a bit but will get his own place in the City at some point. Maybe you and him can take Sean out on a joint date!

Oops, hit return too soon:

The dads, particularly Cesar, have treated CJ as an adult since he moved to DC. I'm a firm believer kids react well when given the proper guidance and are allowed to make mistakes. It works for CJ and I can see them taking the same approach with Ritchie although he's so much younger the freedom to do as he pleases will take some time.

Edited by Carlos Hazday
  • Like 4

@Parker Owens

Thanks, Parker. CJ becoming 'greater than life' is one of those things attributed to both genetic and environmental factors. He has the looks and brains but the city he lives in and his dads' nurturing ways guarantee he can go as far as he wants. His interest in politics is sure to grow and being courted by others who recognize his innate abilities may affect the path his life follows in the future. But that's way off, I need him to graduate from high school first! :P

• Like 4