Message added by Myr,

Carlos passed away on Jun 16, 2023:

19 hours ago, Defiance19 said:

Been a fan from word one.. That's not likely to change...  Not sure when I got the nerve to start commenting, but you knew.. 

Thing is, other readers comments and reactions I find make the story more reactive.. I can't tell you how many times especially now with the politics I've scrolled for Spikey and other reader's comments to stuff simply because I anticipate their response. Whether it leaves me in disagreement or laughter it leaves me ready for more. (Your writing does that too) Those who drop off may have their reasons and I may be biased in saying they're missing out.. 

*looks around for Carlos*. Hey @Reader1810, You taking bribes? 

Bribes? I'm sure if you whisper to Sean in the dark he'll tell you what's going on. But fair warning, the first chapter of :X:X:X builds on the final ones of Walls so you may be a little lost... :evil:

• Like 4
17 hours ago, spikey582 said:

I pretty much have the same issue tim.  It stresses me out and gives me a headache and I generally try to avoid too much of that kind of stuff.  Oddly enough the further back it goes, I find myself less stressed.  I guess because after a certain point I'm looking at it less as politics and more as history.  I'm weird like that.

You're in trouble, Spikey. The first chapter of the next book has lots of politics but it also uses some of the information you gave me when I asked for advice on a certain subject. You're gonna have to read so you can hear about Lola!

• Like 5
18 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

I have to say I'm one who stopped reading because of the content. Politics and the people in it bore the crap out of me especially if i dont live in that country. Bad enough I have some attention to the BS in my own country. I could go on about why but even that's too dull to think about.  But there's an audience for it and if that's where an author wants to go, they certainly can.  At some point I may binge read it... we'll see. Defo my choice is not due to C's writing, i enjoy most stuff he writes.  

hugs xo

It's all good, tim.

As I suggested before, we all have our likes and dislikes. Some of you prefer not to read about politics. And y'all know I avoid sappy romance stories with a vengeance. Unfortunately, there's a lot more of the latter than the former on GA :P

• Like 4
  • Site Moderator
19 hours ago, Defiance19 said:

*looks around for Carlos*. Hey @Reader1810, You taking bribes? 

Bribes? Moi? Nope, I like my "paycheque" too much to risk that type of nefarious behaviour. 'Sides, 0:) would never do what your proposing. 

Oh, and Def? Don't even think of sending in the drones.... :P

• Like 4
9 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Bribes? Moi? Nope, I like my "paycheque" too much to risk that type of nefarious behaviour. 'Sides, 0:) would never do what your proposing. 

Oh, and Def? Don't even think of sending in the drones.... :P

Funny you should mention drones... I was just writing something about :X

• Like 5

It's interesting how different we all are. I don't mind the politics for the same reason tim doesn't like it. It's not directly relevant to him or me, it's not important, it is more "fictional" than if you had set the story in Canberra. I can more easily integrate it into the story than "shout at the news" when it's Aussie politics.

Not sure that makes sense but that's my two cents worth...

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Bucket1 said:

It's interesting how different we all are. I don't mind the politics for the same reason tim doesn't like it. It's not directly relevant to him or me, it's not important, it is more "fictional" than if you had set the story in Canberra. I can more easily integrate it into the story than "shout at the news" when it's Aussie politics.

Makes sense to me, but then to me while some of the scenes deals with politics, to me it is more like events. Politics to me is when people are trying to tell me what to think / how to vote / what they feel is right or wrong for me.  There is none of that in CJ's stories.  Political happenings are more like things that affect CJ than me, mostly because at this point they happened a long while back.

• Like 4
9 minutes ago, Kitt said:

Makes sense to me, but then to me while some of the scenes deals with politics, to me it is more like events. Politics to me is when people are trying to tell me what to think / how to vote / what they feel is right or wrong for me.  There is none of that in CJ's stories.  Political happenings are more like things that affect CJ than me, mostly because at this point they happened a long while back.

I don't get invited to "those" sort of events either...

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, Bucket1 said:

I don't get invited to "those" sort of events either...

LOL they don't invite me for two reasons:  

1- I am rather opinionated and don't hesatate to say what I think as opposed to what people want to hear

and

2-  I don't have enough money for people to put up with 1 in an attempt to get some of it!

• Like 3
6 hours ago, Bucket1 said:

4 hours ago, Kitt said:

Although CJ's involvement in politics was predetermined, I've tried to use political events in two ways. One as background for all sorts of conversations and events. Much like I've used places he's visited or other events he's attended. Like being at the Orange Bowl game when Cesar received the message about Lourdes and Dickhead. Descriptions of places and events serve to round out the characters' life. I'd rather have them moving around and doing things like other people than trap them in a non-descript place and recount what they've done.

Second, some of the conflict in the story's provided by CJ's interaction with politicians (and coming up the media!). I told Jay I'd thought about creating drama by having someone break a leg at some point. But to me that's so cliche. I mean, it may happen, but I want it to make sense. Like when Brett broke his ankle and qualified for a medical discharge. I broke his leg for a purpose not for the heck of it!

• Like 3
  • Site Moderator
7 minutes ago, Bucket1 said:

So that's why you won't tell us the name of the next book - I'm going to reveal it now...

Rear Window: The Gap Year

CJ breaks his leg and is in a wheelchair with a pair of binoculars looking at things he shouldn't see... Owen will, of course, be taking Grace Kelly's role.

I do love where your imagination takes you B. :D

• Like 4
13 minutes ago, Bucket1 said:

So that's why you won't tell us the name of the next book - I'm going to reveal it now...

Rear Window: The Gap Year

CJ breaks his leg and is in a wheelchair with a pair of binoculars looking at things he shouldn't see... Owen will, of course, be taking Grace Kelly's role.

I thought they'd get attacked by wolf shifters in Colorado.. New title "Shifting Gears".

• Like 4
13 minutes ago, BlindAmbition said:

I thought they'd get attacked by wolf shifters in Colorado.. New title "Shifting Gears".

1 minute ago, Reader1810 said:

Now , there's a thought! 

Fine examples of imaginations run amok!

• Like 4
  • Site Moderator
11 hours ago, mollyhousemouse said:

Fine examples of imaginations run amok!

I kind of thought it was as if their imaginations had fallen down the rabbit hole, but running amok works too. :P

• Like 4
On 4/22/2017 at 7:56 AM, Carlos Hazday said:

You're in trouble, Spikey. The first chapter of the next book has lots of politics but it also uses some of the information you gave me when I asked for advice on a certain subject. You're gonna have to read so you can hear about Lola!

There's gonna be some fun conflict with that situation.  You know I'll be checking that out.  

• Like 3

@BlindAmbition

Better late than never...

The banners I created for each of the CJ stories use the same template. A dark blue rectangle 20.5 inches long and 4 inches tall. The actual size is much smaller on the screen but the proportions are constant. On the right side there's an image evoking one of the locations in the book which plays a significant role in CJ's development. On the left is the book's name in large white letters with 'CJ Book #' underneath and my name at the bottom.

The images are as follows:

Summer - The Iwo Jima (Marine Corps War Memorial) statue in the forefront with the skyline of Washington in the background. The Washington Monument and the US Capitol are clearly seen.

Autumn - One of the rainbow themed street posts found throughtout Boystown, Chicago's Gayborhood.

Winter - A photo of the Sydney Opera House taken from the sidewalk on the Sydney Harbour Bridge.

Spring - The Statue of Liberty in New York City's harbor as seen from Battery park

Travels - The main building at the Harley-Davidson Museum in Milwaukee

Walls - School Without Walls High School's old, brick building with a glimpse of the newer structure next to it.

Hope that helps!

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, Carlos Hazday said:

@BlindAmbition

Better late than never...

The banners I created for each of the CJ stories use the same template. A dark blue rectangle 20.5 inches long and 4 inches tall. The actual size is much smaller on the screen but the proportions are constant. On the right side there's an image evoking one of the locations in the book which plays a significant role in CJ's development. On the left is the book's name in large white letters with 'CJ Book #' underneath and my name at the bottom.

The images are as follows:

Summer - The Iwo Jima (Marine Corps War Memorial) statue in the forefront with the skyline of Washington in the background. The Washington Monument and the US Capitol are clearly seen.

Autumn - One of the rainbow themed street posts found throughtout Boystown, Chicago's Gayborhood.

Winter - A photo of the Sydney Opera House taken from the sidewalk on the Sydney Harbour Bridge.

Spring - The Statue of Liberty in New York City's harbor as seen from Battery park

Travels - The main building at the Harley-Davidson Museum in Milwaukee

Walls - School Without Walls High School's old, brick building with a glimpse of the newer structure next to it.

Hope that helps!

Aww... Thanks Carlos! You're a real sweetheart! I'm counting down the hours... 

• Like 4
27 minutes ago, Carlos Hazday said:

So am I!

Since the post-dating system is still a mess, I'll be getting up early to load up the chapter once again. I wish I had all the remaining chapters ready so i could post more frequently but at least one a week keeps the addiction satisfied. And it reduces the time when there will be no posts between books.

That's part of what makes you so special... Your so connected to your readers experience. 

• Like 5
4 hours ago, Carlos Hazday said:

So am I!

Since the post-dating system is still a mess, I'll be getting up early to load up the chapter once again. I wish I had all the remaining chapters ready so i could post more frequently but at least one a week keeps the addiction satisfied. And it reduces the time when there will be no posts between books.

You can blame Mann and me. Real life gets in the way. I'm almost done with the chapter I am currently working on.

• Like 1
Just now, Kitt said:

You can blame Mann and me. Real life gets in the way. I'm almost done with the chapter I am currently working on.

Or I can be real honest and blame myself for rushing to publish!

I'm toying with the idea of waiting until the entire thing is written and at least half-way edited with the next book. We'll see how that goes. The initial section of the next book started off as 1 chapter but I keep writing and it now looks as if that initial section will be 4 chapters. maybe 5 if I keep it up LOL.

Today's Thursday, right? I'm supposed to publish the next chapter overnight? It's been a little crazy around here this week.

• Like 3