Message added by Myr,

Carlos passed away on Jun 16, 2023:

Do they all come with the special bonus ingredients?

LMAO!

I own two of them (different designs) and both are on display on a window sill in my office. Both are still sealed and I assume there's coffee inside them. I'm saving them for an emergency. Like a zombie apocalypse or something like that.

• Like 4

So Richie is becoming the new breakout character of the story. I've always liked him, and enjoyed his bond with CJ, but I'm loving his interaction with everyone else. He's another person who just fits.

• Like 3

So Richie is becoming the new breakout character of the story. I've always liked him, and enjoyed his bond with CJ, but I'm loving his interaction with everyone else. He's another person who just fits.

Don't go messing with his brothers... :)

It was nice to see his character fleshed out. It would be great to listen in on one of his conversations with Cap. I think there could be a real bond there

• Like 3

Don't go messing with his brothers... :)

It was nice to see his character fleshed out. It would be great to listen in on one of his conversations with Cap. I think there could be a real bond there

I'm trying to give Ritchie a decent part in an already crowded field without turning him into a CJ clone. I want whatever time he has 'on camera' to be distinctive and memorable while not letting him take over the story. His older brother hijacked the series at the beginning and I'm not letting it happen again.

He'll get a couple more lines of dialogue in the next chapter when he :X :X :X

:rofl:

• Like 5
  • Site Moderator

snapback.png Reply from Carlos Hazday (author)

Since the story's told from CJ's point of view, the bedtime conversations allow me to give a different view on things. Now we need to wait and see what happens with Ethan. Maybe he can bring Harley out of the dark and into the light of gay life!  :D

Hey B, looks like Carlos is trying to sabotage Harley and Cap's future coupling....

• Like 3

Since the story's told from CJ's point of view, the bedtime conversations allow me to give a different view on things. Now we need to wait and see what happens with Ethan. Maybe he can bring Harley out of the dark and into the light of gay life!  :D

Hey B, looks like Carlos is trying to sabotage Harley and Cap's future coupling....

Umm - no...    If Ethan draws Harley into the light of gay life, it would be more like enabling the thing with Papa B.  Right now we don't really know if Harley is gay or straight - just that he has never hit on any of the guys onscreen and they have not hit on him.

• Like 4

I've decided you could make your chapter 3 or 4 times longer and I would still want more. I becoming insatiable. While disconcerted at first, I do like how you're telling the story in this book.

You get a double dose on chapter structure!

I've now written 20 chapters of Walls. That's the same as Summer. But, whereas Summer's average word count was about 3,600, Walls' chapters are coming in at 5,500! Do the math, that's over 100k words in walls and I still have a few chapters to go. I've had to split chapters three times already, the last two times because they went over my top limit of 10k. Although I thrive on details, sparse language is also something I like and Mann keeps reminding me to simplify :D So, if it can be said in fewer words, I try. Not there yet but at leaset bloat words aren't as common as in the beginning!

Edited by Carlos Hazday
  • Like 3
  • Site Moderator

I've decided you could make your chapter 3 or 4 times longer and I would still want more. I becoming insatiable. While disconcerted at first, I do like how you're telling the story in this book.

Me too Dugh, on both counts.  I'd say, though that I'm long past the insatiable threshold, in fact, I've been called  :X by  :X . Course, I don't think I can deny that I'm  :X .

When all is said and done, I blame Carlos for writing such a captivating story.  ;)

• Like 5

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Umm - no...    If Ethan draws Harley into the light of gay life, it would be more like enabling the thing with Papa B.  Right now we don't really know if Harley is gay or straight - just that he has never hit on any of the guys onscreen and they have not hit on him.

That's it. True love has a bumpy road but Cap and Harley ride off into the sunset :)

Me too Dugh, on both counts.  I'd say, though that I'm long past the insatiable threshold, in fact, I've been called  :X by  :X . Course, I don't think I can deny that I'm  :X .

When all is said and done, I blame Carlos for writing such a captivating story.  ;)

Regardless of the problem, it all Carlos' fault :P

• Like 3
  • Site Moderator

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

That's it. True love has a bumpy road but Cap and Harley ride off into the sunset :)

Regardless of the problem, it all Carlos' fault :P

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:   

:yes:  :2thumbs:   ...bumpy road leads to  :music:  :heart:  :heart:  :music:

:thumbup:   0:)

• Like 3

I'm trying to give Ritchie a decent part in an already crowded field without turning him into a CJ clone. I want whatever time he has 'on camera' to be distinctive and memorable while not letting him take over the story. His older brother hijacked the series at the beginning and I'm not letting it happen again.

He'll get a couple more lines of dialogue in the next chapter when he :X :X :X

Tease.....

• Like 4

When I read "... do you do women?" I imagined a certainly lady spluttering her wine.

You imagined right Dugh! I was spitting nails... 

The same thought may have crossed my mind while writing. After all, Def was the one who suggested Tao as a nice place to have dinner at!

Tease.....

I'm innocent, your honor. Suggestions I'm a tease are fake news!

• Like 4

Only the most devoted of syncophants believe claims of "fake news" ... I believe you.

Just you wait until CJ starts doing :X

It's early 2015 and the political campaigns are getting hot! (sorry Spikey, a bit more politics coming next chapter.)

• Like 3

Just you wait until CJ starts doing :X

It's early 2015 and the political campaigns are getting hot! (sorry Spikey, a bit more politics coming next chapter.)

I'll have to overlook it, because it's you Carlos. :D

I just realized I never left a review for the last chapter. Well, I'm not going to now either :P

It was really good though. I like how CJ has really made the effort to bring Ethan into the fold. I was also surprised how he was willing to discuss the near rape incident so openly with Ethan. It certainly bothered CJ for awhile. So either this is a sign he's moving past it, or he is starting to truly see Ethan as part of the group.

• Like 3

I'll have to overlook it, because it's you Carlos. :D

I just realized I never left a review for the last chapter. Well, I'm not going to now either :P

It was really good though. I like how CJ has really made the effort to bring Ethan into the fold. I was also surprised how he was willing to discuss the near rape incident so openly with Ethan. It certainly bothered CJ for awhile. So either this is a sign he's moving past it, or he is starting to truly see Ethan as part of the group.

Hopefully you survived the political scenes! :D

• Like 3

Hopefully you survived the political scenes! :D

Well you saw my review, so you know I did. This time :lol:

I feel like we're due for some boat rocking.. We've been spoilt with mostly sweet and good things..

But there was just two deaths and major life changes for Richie, as well as to CJ (whether he realizes it or not). However, I think we'll have some more drama from a certain member of the GSA very soon. Though why she'd be miffed about not being invited to the "stupid breeder's" birthday party is anyone's guess. :D Edited by spikey582
  • Like 4

I feel like we're due for some boat rocking.. We've been spoilt with mostly sweet and good things..

You know darn well I'm not going to have angst, and any tears shed while reading are hopefully happy ones.

That said, did you hack my outline/spreadsheet?

Nine chapters posted and we've dealt with Janelle, Mr. Burke, old man Kennedy, Liz having cancer, a deadly boating accident, a drunk Ethan, (a sober Ethan with Sean!!!). Not enough? We even had a little confrontation with Rubio in this chapter! I'm not complaining, okay? The fact you remember the good times is a good thing. Last thing I want is to write a tear jerker, agonizing story! :D

• Like 3