Welcome to Gay Authors

Confused? Check out our FAQ guide to using Gay Authors. I am here to ... Read Write Socialize

If you need assistance, click  Contact Us  on the bottom of all the pages. You can remove this help box by  Signing In  or  Creating An Account  for free today!

Photo

C J By Carlos Hazday - Series Discussion

growing up urban travel adult teen gay

• Please log in to reply
2086 replies to this topic

Bucket1

Hungry Bird

• Members
  • 3,124 posts
  • Sexuality:Gay

Posted February 17, 2017 - 07:43 AM

Do they all come with the special bonus ingredients?

Carlos Hazday

Inked Biker

• Author: Promising Author
  • 1,972 posts

Posted February 17, 2017 - 07:56 AM

Do they all come with the special bonus ingredients?

LMAO!

I own two of them (different designs) and both are on display on a window sill in my office. Both are still sealed and I assume there's coffee inside them. I'm saving them for an emergency. Like a zombie apocalypse or something like that.

You can't take yourself too seriously. Drink a beer, make some love, smoke a joint. Whatever gets you through.
The important thing is that you live your life with no regrets, and have a kick ass time along the way.
-Bruce Springsteen

spikey582

Awesome Member

• Members
  • 330 posts
  • Sexuality:Bisexual, leaning male

Posted February 17, 2017 - 09:15 AM

So Richie is becoming the new breakout character of the story. I've always liked him, and enjoyed his bond with CJ, but I'm loving his interaction with everyone else. He's another person who just fits.

Bucket1

Hungry Bird

• Members
  • 3,124 posts

Posted February 17, 2017 - 10:41 AM

So Richie is becoming the new breakout character of the story. I've always liked him, and enjoyed his bond with CJ, but I'm loving his interaction with everyone else. He's another person who just fits.

Don't go messing with his brothers... :)

It was nice to see his character fleshed out. It would be great to listen in on one of his conversations with Cap. I think there could be a real bond there

Carlos Hazday

Inked Biker

• 1,972 posts

Posted February 17, 2017 - 10:46 AM

Don't go messing with his brothers... :)

It was nice to see his character fleshed out. It would be great to listen in on one of his conversations with Cap. I think there could be a real bond there

I'm trying to give Ritchie a decent part in an already crowded field without turning him into a CJ clone. I want whatever time he has 'on camera' to be distinctive and memorable while not letting him take over the story. His older brother hijacked the series at the beginning and I'm not letting it happen again.

He'll get a couple more lines of dialogue in the next chapter when he :X :X :X

:rofl:

You can't take yourself too seriously. Drink a beer, make some love, smoke a joint. Whatever gets you through.
The important thing is that you live your life with no regrets, and have a kick ass time along the way.
-Bruce Springsteen

Reader1810

Licensed Bookworm

• Mod:  Site Moderator
  • 5,693 posts
  • Sexuality:Straight

Posted February 17, 2017 - 11:47 AM

snapback.png Reply from Carlos Hazday (author)

Since the story's told from CJ's point of view, the bedtime conversations allow me to give a different view on things. Now we need to wait and see what happens with Ethan. Maybe he can bring Harley out of the dark and into the light of gay life!  :D

Hey B, looks like Carlos is trying to sabotage Harley and Cap's future coupling....

There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island.

Walt Disney

Kitt

Lead Mare

• Editor: Editor
  • 3,166 posts
  • Sexuality:Ask Me

Posted February 17, 2017 - 12:43 PM

Since the story's told from CJ's point of view, the bedtime conversations allow me to give a different view on things. Now we need to wait and see what happens with Ethan. Maybe he can bring Harley out of the dark and into the light of gay life!  :D

Hey B, looks like Carlos is trying to sabotage Harley and Cap's future coupling....

Umm - no...    If Ethan draws Harley into the light of gay life, it would be more like enabling the thing with Papa B.  Right now we don't really know if Harley is gay or straight - just that he has never hit on any of the guys onscreen and they have not hit on him.

dughlas

Just me

• Author: Author
  • 2,773 posts

Posted February 17, 2017 - 03:16 PM

I've decided you could make your chapter 3 or 4 times longer and I would still want more. I becoming insatiable. While disconcerted at first, I do like how you're telling the story in this book.

dughlas

Carlos Hazday

Inked Biker

• 1,972 posts

Posted February 17, 2017 - 03:36 PM

I've decided you could make your chapter 3 or 4 times longer and I would still want more. I becoming insatiable. While disconcerted at first, I do like how you're telling the story in this book.

You get a double dose on chapter structure!

I've now written 20 chapters of Walls. That's the same as Summer. But, whereas Summer's average word count was about 3,600, Walls' chapters are coming in at 5,500! Do the math, that's over 100k words in walls and I still have a few chapters to go. I've had to split chapters three times already, the last two times because they went over my top limit of 10k. Although I thrive on details, sparse language is also something I like and Mann keeps reminding me to simplify :D So, if it can be said in fewer words, I try. Not there yet but at leaset bloat words aren't as common as in the beginning!

Edited by Carlos Hazday, February 17, 2017 - 05:46 PM.

-Bruce Springsteen

Reader1810

Licensed Bookworm

• 5,693 posts

Posted February 17, 2017 - 05:48 PM

Me too Dugh, on both counts.  I'd say, though that I'm long past the insatiable threshold, in fact, I've been called  :X by  :X . Course, I don't think I can deny that I'm  :X .

When all is said and done, I blame Carlos for writing such a captivating story.  ;)

There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island.

Walt Disney

Bucket1

Hungry Bird

• Members
  • 3,124 posts

Posted February 17, 2017 - 06:43 PM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Umm - no...    If Ethan draws Harley into the light of gay life, it would be more like enabling the thing with Papa B.  Right now we don't really know if Harley is gay or straight - just that he has never hit on any of the guys onscreen and they have not hit on him.

That's it. True love has a bumpy road but Cap and Harley ride off into the sunset :)

Me too Dugh, on both counts.  I'd say, though that I'm long past the insatiable threshold, in fact, I've been called  :X by  :X . Course, I don't think I can deny that I'm  :X .

When all is said and done, I blame Carlos for writing such a captivating story.  ;)

Regardless of the problem, it all Carlos' fault :P

Reader1810

Licensed Bookworm

• 5,693 posts

Posted February 17, 2017 - 06:52 PM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

That's it. True love has a bumpy road but Cap and Harley ride off into the sunset :)

Regardless of the problem, it all Carlos' fault :P

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:   

:yes:  :2thumbs:   ...bumpy road leads to  :music:  :heart:  :heart:  :music:

:thumbup:   0:)

Walt Disney

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: growing up, urban, travel, adult, teen, gay

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users