Open Club  ·  280 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

Black Widow (Story Discussion)

16 minutes ago, impunity said:

I predict Dillon will bail on college, move to Hawaii, and live in Will's house. He'll be Will's version of Scott Slater.*

*Minus the shady past and identity change 😀

Or, he will fall for Will, move to Escorial, and become a competitive surfer... yeah, dude... hanging ten... :P 

And... at some point, make Zach jealous... hasta la vista, Zach baby

Edited by Headstall
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, Headstall said:

Or, he will fall for Will, move to Escorial, and become a competitive surfer... yeah, dude... hanging ten... :P 

Until Will gets bored of having him around and relocates him to Hawaii. 🙃

• Haha 2
  • 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Mark Arbour said:

My initial thoughts on Dillon are that he's a rebound, but then again, that's quite subject to change.  😉

We also might want to remember that Will is 17. He doesn't need to find his "for life" partner just yet. Dude hasn't even hit college. LOL.

Anyway, I wonder if JJ will consider starting a lifestyle brand. People really do seem to lean on him for fashion advice even though he's not a designer.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 4
  • 1 year later...

JJ pulling the fire alarm was hysterical. I love what an immature little shit he is sometimes. LOL. He lives this high-powered lifestyle where almost everyone he associates with is well past college aged, but then he does shit like this where you go, "Oh, yeah. Dude's still in high school."

I don't really put John as the bad guy here because he's been pretty upfront with what he's able to give JJ, but again, JJ's still a kid. JJ would probably be better off messing around with kids at his school but again, he doesn't really associate with anybody his own age save for Will and I guess the Olsen twins? He's kind of a kid playacting in a very adult, grown-up world but not really able to go back and hang out with friends his own age.

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/8/2019 at 2:33 AM, methodwriter85 said:

Somewhere in the wilds of Orange County, California, Private Tim has had a shudder go through his entire body and he's not really sure why.

He posted a comment on one of the recent chapters.  Will usually inspires his ire, but this time he dutifully chimed in to defend JJ.  😀

• Haha 4
1 hour ago, Mark Arbour said:

He posted a comment on one of the recent chapters.  Will usually inspires his ire, but this time he dutifully chimed in to defend JJ.  😀

I think he'd prefer JJ because JJ more or less follows the rules. The closest to rebellion JJ ever got was purposefully flunking out of 9th grade because he chose to focus on skating, but in general JJ follows the status quo. Hell, he's finishing up high school instead of getting the GED I thought he would have gotten at 15 because it really is a base expectation from his family. One of my favorite scenes in this story is when Carullo moves in and JJ instantly starts playing the host despite not being happy about it because that kind of thing is just ingrained in his DNA

I wonder if you could ever get Private Tim to enjoy Tony.

• Haha 2
On 8/20/2019 at 10:43 PM, methodwriter85 said:

I wonder if you could ever get Private Tim to enjoy Tony.

Yes, it's simple really:

Have Tony and his Camaro go off a cliff as he got rear ended by a runaway truck hauling fertilizer. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I loved the contrast in this chapter where Will thinks enough about Zach to congratulate him on his football, and JJ deleted Alex from his speed dial. When JJ cuts people off, he really cuts people off.

I don't think he's going to do the same kind of thing to Carullo, so maybe that's progress?

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 1
On 8/27/2019 at 10:31 AM, mmike1969 said:

Yes, it's simple really:

Have Tony and his Camaro go off a cliff as he got rear ended by a runaway truck hauling fertilizer. 

I wouldn't mind that scenario either. ;) 

(finally one thing the Tims might agree about !)

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Mark would like me to issue a statement, so here goes.

Will is not a drug addict. He does not have a drug problem. He is a teenager who experiments and uses recreational drugs such as pot, ecstasy, and cocaine. The cocaine may have taken some people aback, because that is considered a harder drug, but Mark does not intend for the usage of cocaine to indicate that Will has a drug problem. The indication is that cocaine has, in this particular time period, fallen back into favor as a recreational drug. We also saw Brad use cocaine in 1985 during Man in Motion, as cocaine was also popular during the 1980's. It fell out of favor in the 1990's, which is why we didn't see characters like Matt and Wade use it during their own college days. However, during the advent of the George W. Bush years and the Paris Hilton Era, cocaine did become a thing again, particularly with 2000's era frat boys who worshiped movies like Fight Club and American Psycho and wore pastel polo shirts from Lacoste and Abercrombie with their collars flipped up. Damn Phi Kapps with coke lines running down their noses in class.

This is not to say that cocaine isn't addicting; however Will is not an addict. Thank you.

The more you know...

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

I came across a video mocking what it's like to date a Sagittarius and it made me think about JJ's Sag traits. These seem to be the ones that apply to him:

Sagittarians can walk – or sprint more like it – away from any problem. Their idea of dealing with an issue is to make it your problem. Sagittarians are prone to storming out and telling someone to get their crap together even when it is the Sagg’s crap. Even worse is the Sagg who’s done therapy: “I’m picking up that you’re in a resentful place right now…” before galloping out of the door lecturing you about being your best self. If responsibility were a place, Sagg wouldn’t even be able to find it. Some Saggs don’t like the word “place.” It sounds too fixed. They prefer “space.” Sagittarians have spaces in their heart, not places. They have their space in the sun and their moral-high space.

Sagg lack of tact is legendary. They drop the most amazing “did she just say what I think she said?” clangers and they don’t even work at it. Never let a Sagg wing it for a speech at a wedding, funeral or christening. As everyone cringes, Sagg will smirk, thinking, “at least I tell it like it is.”

You say ego, Sagg thinks self-esteem. Because so many of them seem bohemian, their ego can go undetected. It will be swamped in a sea of intellectual discourse, full-on raves about principle, and general Sagg swagger. But it’s there, even if this lot start off every second sentence with “I don’t want to boast but…” They get frustrated when their support system slacks off. They don’t get that it’s not the done thing to screech “don’t you know who I am?” at their family. A Sagg can think the fact that their partner barely has the energy to do anything other than nod “yes, dear” is a good thing. It means the person is becoming accustomed to being a valet or handmaiden to Sagg genius. Then they act all appalled when an outbreak of “negativity” occurs in their life. Many a Sagg has returned from a surfing safari with their ex-lover to find their home empty.

It would be so cool if Sagittarians came equipped with a mute button. They go on and on and on. Ideally, like the characters on television, they would not know that they had been muted. They carry with them an invisible soapbox on which they leap to deliver their interminable preachy raves. They can be so in love with their righteousness that they don’t even realize they are pulverizing someone else’s psyche. Not deliberately, of course. Our Sagg is totally into freedom and self-expression for all life forms. Well-brought-up Saggs can manage to shut up and not interrupt. But all of them secretly think that the tedious interval when someone else is talking is a small gap for them to catch a breath while their mind boggles at their profundity.

I do think when JJ was younger, he had that cheerful and outgoing Sag attitude, although he never really got that back after his molestation. I also don't really think that JJ expresses that Sag curiosity and zest for life and travel, either.

I do think he's got the lone wolf thing down pat, though. He seems to mostly like having acquaintances and 1 or 2 (at most) actual friends.

-

• Haha 2
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..