Open Club  ·  280 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

Black Widow (Story Discussion)

So...Buzz didn't think it was kind of weird that neither Will or JJ waited until they were 18 to leave Brad's care? Eh. Dally will probably just wind up at a boarding school anyway. It does say something that Buzz doesn't want his family to take care of Dally.

Man. JJ's on Bitch Level 8 or 9 mode. Hope he gets the fuck over it and stops being a dick to Carullo.

• Like 2

So...Buzz didn't think it was kind of weird that neither Will or JJ waited until they were 18 to leave Brad's care? Eh. Dally will probably just wind up at a boarding school anyway. It does say something that Buzz doesn't want his family to take care of Dally.

Man. JJ's on Bitch Level 8 or 9 mode. Hope he gets the fuck over it and stops being a dick to Carullo.

That's a pretty bad sign when Buzz doesn't want his family to be responsible for Dally, but then again, he did let Dally live with them at the Ranch.  Kind of a cowardly way to handle things, at least from what we know so far, to leave it to Brad to try and save his son. 

JJ doesn't seem to realize that he's going to end up very alone if he doesn't get his shit together.

• Like 5

That's a pretty bad sign when Buzz doesn't want his family to be responsible for Dally, but then again, he did let Dally live with them at the Ranch.  Kind of a cowardly way to handle things, at least from what we know so far, to leave it to Brad to try and save his son. 

JJ doesn't seem to realize that he's going to end up very alone if he doesn't get his shit together.

Someone raised a good point that they have a hard time seeing a Texas family court allowing a non-relative gay male from another state have custody of a underaged teenager if the family chooses to contest the will, but I'm guessing Buzz figured out a way around that.

As for JJ...what I think is interesting is that he's capable of being very perceptive about how other people. He's just dense about how he affects other people.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm Confused.

I am now totally convinced it's not Elizabeth Danfield being the Black Widow. Her getting raped was personal and she does not have access to her mother's fortune.

Not convinced it's ABC either. She's was broke so she couldn't pay anyone to do anything.

One thing that worries me: what if Elizabeth and ABC made a deal to frame Brad?

Conspiracy theory: Brad gave $100 million to ABC. She kept half. She promised $25 million to Elizabeth. Is that enough to make ED go all psycho on the Family? Is $50M enough for ABC to go psycho and blow up a plane?

If the Duke dies, Lord Preston might get control of that huge dowry given to the Duke. That's another $100M plus whatever Mary Ellen has control of.

TexAss: yeah, not likely those courts is going to grant an outsider custody of kids, let alone substantial property. I think Buzz did that to piss his family off.

But this is not what is confusing me.

It's the title of this current book "Black Widow". It seems off.

Edited by mmike1969
  • Like 4

I'm Confused.

I am now totally convinced it's not Elizabeth Danfield being the Black Widow. Her getting raped was personal and she does not have access to her mother's fortune.

Not convinced it's ABC either. She's was broke so she couldn't pay anyone to do anything.

One thing that worries me: what if Elizabeth and ABC made a deal to frame Brad?

Conspiracy theory: Brad gave $100 million to ABC. She kept half. She promised $25 million to Elizabeth. Is that enough to make ED go all psycho on the Family? Is $50M enough for ABC to go psycho and blow up a plane?

If the Duke dies, Lord Preston might get control of that huge dowry given to the Duke. That's another $100M plus whatever Mary Ellen has control of.

TexAss: yeah, not likely those courts is going to grant an outsider custody of kids, let alone substantial property. I think Buzz did that to piss his family off.

But this is not what is confusing me.

It's the title of this current book "Black Widow". It seems off.

I guess you are not the only one who is confused at this point in the story.

The struggle with Lizzy and the plane accident in my POV may /or may not be part of the same struggle.

And Lizzy could 'her rape' be an attempt to devide the opposing family ?

Certainly she brought Wade in a difficult situation. Whom to trust and what side to choose.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Here's a Conspiracy theory:

The target is neither Elizabeth or Alexander. The target is Brad.

Both Elizabeth and Scott are known associates to Brad. Scott still lives in Brad's condo in Hawaii.

If Elizabeth was raped, she would NOT have beaten up a close friend. She would have hired someone to beat up (or had someone rape) a family member.

• Like 2

Just read the latest ch. The last line or two adds a new spin...who eent the package?

Btw, I added a review...its almost unreadable because of typos... are reviews not editable? Also serves me right for typing on a tablet in bed!

• Like 3

Someone raised a good point that they have a hard time seeing a Texas family court allowing a non-relative gay male from another state have custody of a underaged teenager if the family chooses to contest the will, but I'm guessing Buzz figured out a way around that.

Texas courts respect the law. Stef will open probate in CA.

• Like 1

I definitely think Brad is the target, even if the bomb was in Buzz's care package. All the attacks seem to be centered around him. While you could have said that about most of the family at first, Scott's attack suggests strongly that this is aimed at Brad. And that whoever's doing it knows Brad very, very well.

That said, sending a care package to Buzz is a pretty elaborate way to blow up Brad's plane, especially as most people wouldn't schlepp a package of beans and jerky along on a quick business trip to New York. It also doesn't seem like the person is trying to kill Brad, but rather distract or weaken him by attacking the people around him. Who (other than Mike and Alexandra) could have known that he wasn't going to be on the plane? 

Random thought: Do we know that Buzz was really on the plane? :unsure2:  I guess the plane wouldn't have left if it didn't have a passenger.  :huh:

I really need to reread the earlier chapters of this book. 

• Like 2

I definitely think Brad is the target, even if the bomb was in Buzz's care package. All the attacks seem to be centered around him. While you could have said that about most of the family at first, Scott's attack suggests strongly that this is aimed at Brad. And that whoever's doing it knows Brad very, very well.

That said, sending a care package to Buzz is a pretty elaborate way to blow up Brad's plane, especially as most people wouldn't schlepp a package of beans and jerky along on a quick business trip to New York. It also doesn't seem like the person is trying to kill Brad, but rather distract or weaken him by attacking the people around him. Who (other than Mike and Alexandra) could have known that he wasn't going to be on the plane? 

Random thought: Do we know that Buzz was really on the plane? :unsure2:  I guess the plane wouldn't have left if it didn't have a passenger.  :huh:

I really need to reread the earlier chapters of this book. 

You sound like you are in the same state I am... totally confused :P , but a lot of what you said makes sense. Brad is likely the target, but maybe the want the people around him to suffer, at least before they kill him. I wonder if Buzz was part of a plot... he did kind of come out of the blue and work his way through the whole family... in the biblical sense, and gained all their trust like a master. He seemed on a real mission. And who is this latest wife of his? Who else would know how much a package from his son would mean to him... maybe he double-crossed someone... her... .....................whoever it is, they have a very personal grudge, and they're ruthless.................................... and why the hell is Stef acting so weird?? I think Mark is trying to drive us all nuts :unsure:...................... and yeah, could Buzz have gotten off the plane unseen?  .... red, red wine, so close to meeeeee....

• Like 3

You sound like you are in the same state I am... totally confused :P , but a lot of what you said makes sense. Brad is likely the target, but maybe the want the people around him to suffer, at least before they kill him. I wonder if Buzz was part of a plot... he did kind of come out of the blue and work his way through the whole family... in the biblical sense, and gained all their trust like a master. He seemed on a real mission. And who is this latest wife of his? Who else would know how much a package from his son would mean to him... maybe he double-crossed someone... her... .....................whoever it is, they have a very personal grudge, and they're ruthless.................................... and why the hell is Stef acting so weird?? I think Mark is trying to drive us all nuts :unsure:...................... and yeah, could Buzz have gotten off the plane unseen? .... red, red wine, so close to meeeeee....

I don't think BW wants the people around Brad to suffer per se, but their suffering makes Brad suffer and, therefore, easier to destroy. I did wonder if Buzz could be part of the plot. His appearance was very convenient...and biblical. And may have contributed to destabilizing the family. (Is Stef jealous of Will?) :huh: If he isn't really dead, that could explain why Dally doesn't appear to be in the most sincere of mourning. :unsure2:

Mark is definitely doing his best to keep us collectively off balance. :unsure:

And the red, red wine has been good to me tonight. ;)

Edited by impunity
  • Like 3

I got a kick out of Dally being fat. It really was a more innocent time where you could converse on a phone with someone and have no idea what they looked like. Yes, camera phones and social media were around, but it wasn't as pervasive yet. Had this taken place a year or two later, Will probably would have looked Dally up on Myspace and realized what he looked like.

I wonder if their town stays a small place, or it gets caught up in the exploding population boom around Austin. It's supposed to be close to Austin, right? Austin's population since the time the story takes place has grown by almost 300k people, just within the city limits. That has to be spilling out into suburb sprawl and turning former small towns into busier places.

Hmm. I wonder if Stefan would ever consider investing in Texas real estate.

• Like 3

I got a kick out of Dally being fat. It really was a more innocent time where you could converse on a phone with someone and have no idea what they looked like. Yes, camera phones and social media were around, but it wasn't as pervasive yet. Had this taken place a year or two later, Will probably would have looked Dally up on Myspace and realized what he looked like.

So, do we have two fat characters now: Dally and Ethan? There was that time Brad gained an extra 10 lbs, but I can't remember any others.  :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Alexandra's youngest son is supposed to be fat. (Not the military one. The one who plotted with her against Brad.)

I think it's been said that Ethan lost the extra weight, though.

The one  in the video?

I don't remember Ethan's having slimmed down, but that doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Edited by impunity
  • Like 1

Mark hopefully has this story all plotted out because if he is making it up as he writes it, we may never have closure on all the plot lines. And if the past is any indication, some may not be resolved until a future book anyway....

• Like 5
  • 6 months later...
2 hours ago, impunity said:

I have no recollection at all of why Alexandra hates Scott Slater. :no:

Edit:  No, maybe I do, but how the hell did she find him?

Anyone who can get to Hawaii from Connecticut with an ankle alarm on can probably find Scott Slater.  :-)

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/7/2017 at 8:26 AM, Mark Arbour said:

Finally managed to update this story!

Mark, thanks for your new chapters !

You suprised me when I came back from my holidays. Not only chapters in Black Widow but also chapters in the Bridgemont series. Thanks.:2thumbs:

Love it that you are back here with new chapters !

Andy G

• Like 3

I still am pondering just what the import is of what Mike was talking about to Brad.  Since I am in the middle of re-reading the whole Bridgemont Series and Odyssey is up next, I don't have time to go back and re-read enough in Black Widow or earlier CAP volumes to get a real idea....any help?

• Like 4
On 8/17/2017 at 7:34 PM, Daddydavek said:

I still am pondering just what the import is of what Mike was talking about to Brad.  Since I am in the middle of re-reading the whole Bridgemont Series and Odyssey is up next, I don't have time to go back and re-read enough in Black Widow or earlier CAP volumes to get a real idea....any help?

Not sure which part of Mike's statement was confusing, but I don't blame you for finding it puzzling.  There was such a long lapse in chapter publishing, I imagine it's hard to get back into the groove of the story again.  I'm trying to keep up with weekly postings so I don't do that to you again. 

• Like 4

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..