It's interesting to see how I&C2 takes a completely different direction than I expected. I actuallt liked Rother quite a lot in book 1, and thought Nathan should get his act together. My main objection to Rother was the fact that he didn't give Nathan any instructions, either personally or via Samantha. Nevertheless I expected him to somehow make amends and redeem himself, at least right up to the moment he branded Nathan :pinch:  - and I even thought you might pull it off in spite of that terrible act.

Now it seems as if Rother is getting worse by every chapter: selfish, cruel, unthinking, greedy, uncaring (about Nathan as well as his staff), obsessive and agressive. Did you always intend him to be this way, right from the start of book 1, or did he surprise you when his flaws were revealed?

Rother was always intended this way. A combination of the novelty wearing off the newfound marriage and Nathan's growing disillusionment was designed to slowly reveal his less than stellar nature. His capacity for self-absorption is enormous.

Watching everyone root for Rother and Nathan in the beginning was quite entertaining for me. :lol: Sorry, guys

• Like 2

Watching everyone root for Rother and Nathan in the beginning was quite entertaining for me. :lol: Sorry, guys

That's OK, Mann. You entertain us with chapters and we entertain you with reviews and posts. :yes:

And now we're free to dislike Rother and wish him ill. :D

• Like 1

Reading your replies to the reviews of the latest chapter has convinced me you're an evil man... no wonder I like you so much!

I'm conflicted, I want you to hurry up with your editing but I also want you writing. Any chance we can clone you?

• Like 1

Reading your replies to the reviews of the latest chapter has convinced me you're an evil man... no wonder I like you so much!

I'm conflicted, I want you to hurry up with your editing but I also want you writing. Any chance we can clone you?

Cloning may not be advised. Can you imagine what trouble I could get myself into with a copy of myself willing to do all the things I like and am willing to do? Just sayin'

• Like 2

Read, liked, and reviewed :D

I have to say I'm disappointed in Rother. I thought he was clever, but all his business success and dealings seem built on intimidation. It's almost laughable the way he considers himself to be above the drug dealer and Nathan's father morally. Of course, he's right about not wanting Delago House to be infested by drugs, and he's protective of the place, so that's still in his favor. But he's letting his emotions interfere with his common sense, and that's a failing I used to attribute to Nathan rather than Rother.

I loved the way the decorator stood up to him and destroyed Rother's 'supposed' hold on him. And Rother's reaction was another stupid confrontation with his husband, earning more sympathy for Nathan, showing a deplorable lack of control. :no:

• Like 3

Read, liked, and reviewed :D

I have to say I'm disappointed in Rother. I thought he was clever, but all his business success and dealings seem built on intimidation. It's almost laughable the way he considers himself to be above the drug dealer and Nathan's father morally. Of course, he's right about not wanting Delago House to be infested by drugs, and he's protective of the place, so that's still in his favor. But he's letting his emotions interfere with his common sense, and that's a failing I used to attribute to Nathan rather than Rother.

I loved the way the decorator stood up to him and destroyed Rother's 'supposed' hold on him. And Rother's reaction was another stupid confrontation with his husband, earning more sympathy for Nathan, showing a deplorable lack of control. :no:

If Rother would not fail, how could Nathan rise? ;)

I still like Rother! Although I'd love to have him naked and tied up so I could give him some of his own medicine.

But then again, I was the one who liked Priest in the last Santa Claus story. I think I have a thing for bad boys :D

• Like 3

I still like Rother! Although I'd love to have him naked and tied up so I could give him some of his own medicine.

But then again, I was the one who liked Priest in the last Santa Claus story. I think I have a thing for bad boys :D

:facepalm: Of course...  :P

• Like 2

But Rother is such a loser! I mean the sexual promiscuity and general roguish attitude he first presented I could see, but burning a brand into Nathan, a complete disregard for the safety of others, and his constant need to prove that he's running the show. He's just such a creep.

• Like 2

I always wanted to be a twin ... or get done by twins ... but Mann clones would work too :P

Big, furry, identical twins for a night or two would be a great present in case you're looking for something to buy (rent) for me.

O M G ... you two are incorrigible !

:facepalm:

If you all are having a foursome, I'll try to join as a fifth wheel ... er ... not such a good idea eh ?

:D

• Like 3

O M G ... you two are incorrigible !

:facepalm:

If you all are having a foursome, I'll try to join as a fifth wheel ... er ... not such a good idea eh ?

:D

I am invited to a sex party on NYE. Not sure I'll go but there's about a dozen guys invited... I'm thinking I'd rather go out to a bar on the 31st, haven't done that in a handful of years. The big local leather bar is always fun what with us having a lot of out-of-town meat men visiting this time of year.

• Like 3