I'm still :lol: about the way Nathan opened the safe. It's not possible IRL, but we've always enjoyed watching Egon Olsen, the mastermind of Danish comedy crime, open the Frank Jäger safes that way. I tried to find a film clip, but no luck.

It's true: modern safes are too sophisticated and don't give off any useful sounds to crack a safe. But the flaw in your logic is two-fold:

1. Considering the technology is all clockwork and steam (i.e., steampunk era) the safe wouldn't be analogous to current manufacturing specifications. At best, this would be equivalent to an antique safe.

2. We are not in real life. Victoria and Francine are not actual countries on this world, just like arranged marriages between men didn't exist during the relative era. Not everything is an exact duplicate.

So thank you for bringing this up publicly. Usually you PM me when you find flaws in my story.

• Like 3

You'll note I didn't say it wasn't possible in your story. That was on purpose, because I did realize it made sense in that world. And I've always loved the idea in those movies I mention. All Danes happily believe in the ability of Egon Olsen to break into any Frank Jäger safe he meets.

• Like 1