• Site Moderator

Do they have telephones in Francine? If so I'd like Rother's number.

Sorry Carlos, but now that he has Nathan, do you really think he'd take your call?  I think those two are going to be pretty tight. lol

• Like 1

Sorry Carlos, but now that he has Nathan, do you really think he'd take your call?  I think those two are going to be pretty tight. lol

When he first saw it, Nathan did notice the bed was large enough to hold a GROUP of men.

Nathan will be a good boy and do as his husband tells him, that's what he's been trained for. :P

• Like 3

Since I autopost each chapter, they usually appear about the same time each week. (I'm a little OCD about stuff like that :yes:  )

Here's the next chapter my friends:

Prompt: use “When were you going to tell me that?”

Chapter 18

Edited by Mann Ramblings
  • Like 2

Since I autopost each chapter, they usually appear about the same time each week. (I'm a little OCD about stuff like that :yes:  )

Here's the next chapter my friends:

Prompt: use “When were you going to tell me that?”

Chapter 18

OCD is good. I may have infussed a little of that into a couple of my characters. :D

• Site Moderator

I just wonder if Nathan will ever stop thinking of himself as a possession :unsure: does he really think of himself like that though??? :huh:

oh! and hello everyone :)

Hello to you too Victor.

I don't really think that Nathan sees himself as a possession. It's more of his being a product of Victorian convention that was strictly adhered to by his parents. 

He does have a mind of his own, but he has never been allowed to express what he thinks or feels without repercussion if it does not fit the societal norm. I am hoping that now that he is free of those chains he will start to assert his wants and needs. Step one will be fixing Rother's clock. :gikkle: or, hopefully, putting Vivian in her place... :pissed:

I don't think Rother would object to  either of these options which will help him spread his wings, so to speak. 

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 2

Hello to you too Victor.

I don't really think that Nathan sees himself as a possession. It's more of his being a product of Victorian convention that was strictly adhered to by his parents. 

He does have  a mind of his own ,but he has never been allowed to express what he thinks or feels without repercussion if it does not fit the societal norm. I am hoping that now that he is free of those chains he will start to assert his wants and needs. Step one will be fixing Rother's clock. :gikkle: or, hopefully, putting Vivian in her place... :pissed:

I don't think Rother would object to this either which will help him spread his wings, so to speak. 

I have a feeling Vivian will be around for a bit. Too juicy a character to quickly dismiss. My question is: Do her previous greeting of Rother and her comment to CJ mean her and the boss have done the nasty? Is Rather one of those omnisexuals? Or is the author just blowing smoke up our tail pipes?

Okay, that was 3 questions instead of one but eho cares LOL

• Like 1
  • Site Moderator

I have a feeling Vivian will be around for a bit. Too juicy a character to quickly dismiss. My question is: Do her previous greeting of Rother and her comment to CJ mean her and the boss have done the nasty? Is Rather one of those omnisexuals? Or is the author just blowing smoke up our tail pipes?

I'm of the mind that they did indeed (likely on more than one occasion) do the nasty, but it was just because she was convenient and now that he has what he really wants...could explain why her nose is so out of joint. She may have harboured delusions of being with Rother as well.

Time...and Mann...will tell. :)

• Like 1
  • Site Moderator

Comment to CJ  :blink: ???  Good to know I am not the only one who mixes up names when commenting. :gikkle:

As for your hypothoses? We will have to wait and see, won't we?  ;)

• Like 1

I'm of the mind that they did indeed (likely on more than one occasion) do the nasty, but it was just because she was convenient and now that he has what he really wants...could explain why her nose is so out of joint. She may have harboured delusions of being with Rother as well.

Time...and Mann...will tell. :)

Rother doesn't strike me as a man who likes compromise. If he wants men, I can't see him settling for anyting else. He's a wealthy man. It wouldn't be hard to get what he wants. Who knows - maybe he was horny and she was convenient and for him a mouth was a mouth.

• Like 1

Rother doesn't strike me as a man who likes compromise. If he wants men, I can't see him settling for anyting else. He's a wealthy man. It wouldn't be hard to get what he wants. Who knows - maybe he was horny and she was convenient and for him a mouth was a mouth.

Well this chapter proved that.. 

• Like 1

Hey Def isn't it interesting how we both sided with Nathan and Carlos sided with Rother?  

Hmm...Alpha males sticking together do you think? :gikkle:

Me thinks that is the case.. Lol..  That's why I called him out in my review.. Hehe..

• Like 2

Hey Def isn't it interesting how we both sided with Nathan and Carlos sided with Rother?  

Hmm...Alpha males sticking together do you think? :gikkle:

Me thinks that is the case.. Lol..  That's why I called him out in my review.. Hehe..

Yeah, yeah, yeah... go ahead an pick on us poor assertive guys.

Don't you see Mann is toying with us? He's taking his damn time showing us the real Nathan. He keeps having the boy shed his Victorian hang ups agonizingly one little step at a time. First he screams like a two-bit you know what when he's taken, then he proudly talks about his skills, and then he sort of, kind of stands up to the evil maid.

I want him to man up already, kick some Francine ass, and leave the ground soaked in blood. No prisoners!

• Like 2
  • Site Moderator

Yeah, yeah, yeah... go ahead an pick on us poor assertive guys.

Don't you see Mann is toying with us? He's taking his damn time showing us the real Nathan. He keeps having the boy shed his Victorian hang ups agonizingly one little step at a time. First he screams like a two-bit you know what when he's taken, then he proudly talks about his skills, and then he sort of, kind of stands up to the evil maid.

I want him to man up already, kick some Francine ass, and leave the ground soaked in blood. No prisoners!

Like I said...ALPHA   :P

• Like 2

I got so :pissed: at Rother I had to leave a review. :lol:

And I agree with Carlos that Nathan needs to grow a pair and tell Rother to get his head out of his ass and start behaving like a husband and not like a slave owner. :angry: If not, I fear Nathan may end up hating his life with Rother as much as his life at home, and perhaps even Rother himself. :o

• Like 3

So, I'm wondering why so many readers appear to expect the relationship between the two characters to be staid, for lack of a better word. Having read most of what the author has published, I don't foresee Rother and Nathan having a lovey dovey, strawberries and cream relationship. Rother appears to be ruthless, in both business and personal relationships. Nathan's nothing but property he's paid whatever price for. They may end up coming to love each other, but I don't think getting to the happy-ever-after, will follow any preconceived ideas about relationships most of us may harbor.

Aren't you glad I'm the reactionary who gets the rest of the readers riled up? Nathan better watch it or he may end up tied to that bed and eventually (when Rather gets tired of the novelty) shared with the household staff! This is not a marriage of equals. Whether it ever becomes one is the mistery to uncover. In the meantime, Rother is the lord and master of the manor. Period.

• Like 1
  • Site Moderator

So, I'm wondering why so many readers appear to expect the relationship between the two characters to be staid, for lack of a better word. Having read most of what the author has published, I don't foresee Rother and Nathan having a lovey dovey, strawberries and cream relationship. Rother appears to be ruthless, in both business and personal relationships. Nathan's nothing but property he's paid whatever price for. They may end up coming to love each other, but I don't think getting to the happy-ever-after, will follow any preconceived ideas about relationships most of us may harbor.

Aren't you glad I'm the reactionary who gets the rest of the readers riled up? Nathan better watch it or he may end up tied to that bed and eventually (when Rather gets tired of the novelty) shared with the household staff! This is not a marriage of equals. Whether it ever becomes one is the mistery to uncover. In the meantime, Rother is the lord and master of the manor. Period.

Well didn't you just throw a bucket of  water on the HEA (even if was unorthodox) I envisioned in Nathan's future. Maybe he will surprise us - and Rother - and show some gumption?  Hmmm.....  Just saying..... -_-

• Like 2

Well didn't you just throw a bucket of  water on the HEA (even if was unorthodox) I envisioned in Nathan's future. Maybe he will surprise us - and Rother - and show some gumption?  Hmmm.....  Just saying..... -_-

I don't think we've seen even a fraction of whatever Nathan is really like. And i wholeheartedly expect a HEA ending, I just don't think they'll get there by way of any well laid out road. Maybe a goat trail through the mountains?

Who knows what he laws are like in Francine, but I get the feeling the 'husband' runs the ship and the 'wife' stays quiet and follows along. I can see Nathan breaking with customs and remaking the institution inside the house. Until then, he's NOT Rother's equal and won't be treated as such. No matter how much we may want it to be so.

And for the record, I think Rother has been patient with the boy. So what if all he wants right now is sex. He's entitled to have what he wants, he paid for it  Love a good Alpha who teaches his boy what his place is! :P

• Like 1