Dude! He lives in a whorehouse!

So you think someone could explain it to him? Perhaps he would not see the wood for the trees otherwise. :whistle:

I thought the whole point of going to a whorehouse was you wouldn't have to deal with your wood yourself. :lol:

I thought the whole point of going to a whorehouse was you wouldn't have to deal with your wood yourself. :lol:

Nathan was raised a Victorian, and he wore a chastity device for a few years ! Naturally he'd be shy ... in that department and Rother had f'king BRANDED him AGAINST his wishes, so if I were him, I'd be silently screaming while performing the matrimonial duties !

I HATE Rother !

I HATE Rother !

I HATE Rother !

:pissed:

• Like 1

:rofl:

I'm still reading each chapter as they are posted and enjoying myself. It's nice to revisit what I read a long time ago.

I heard first times are overrated. Obvious I enjoy reading the chapters the first time... still a tiny little bit jealous of your greater experience.   :gikkle:

After the most recent chapter, the suggestion by Rother in the previous chapter is rather ironic.

I’ll even let Blythe audition the applicants to keep you from being jealous of me.

Poor, poor, Rother: Histed by his own petard. He did insist Nathan be accompanied by the bodyguard whenever the young man stepped outside Delaga House. Little did he know how well Blythe would perform his duties guarding Nathan's body. That boy's a nympho and a size queen!

• Like 1

Poor, poor, Rother: Histed by his own petard. He did insist Nathan be accompanied by the bodyguard whenever the young man stepped outside Delaga House. Little did he know how well Blythe would perform his duties guarding Nathan's body. That boy's a nympho and a size queen!

soooooooooo many ways to answer this....tempting. :gikkle:

I object, your Honour, Nathan is not a nympho. He was just, er, enthusiastic with Blythe is all. Honestly the man just saved his life ! A little show of appreciation on his part is more than justified. As for being a size queen, you all be the judges ...

:pissed:

BTW, I have to look up the word "petard" to understand the context, not being well versed in the classics is one of my many personal flaws ...

:(

• Like 1

It's interesting to see how I&C2 takes a completely different direction than I expected. I actuallt liked Rother quite a lot in book 1, and thought Nathan should get his act together. My main objection to Rother was the fact that he didn't give Nathan any instructions, either personally or via Samantha. Nevertheless I expected him to somehow make amends and redeem himself, at least right up to the moment he branded Nathan :pinch:  - and I even thought you might pull it off in spite of that terrible act.

Now it seems as if Rother is getting worse by every chapter: selfish, cruel, unthinking, greedy, uncaring (about Nathan as well as his staff), obsessive and agressive. Did you always intend him to be this way, right from the start of book 1, or did he surprise you when his flaws were revealed?

• Like 4

Could it be the first-person perspective the story is written in. We see Rother only through Nathans eyes. Nathan wanted to get a good husband, so his hopfully prospect was in this direction, but this changed via his experiences in his marriage and the prospect became a totally disenchanted color after the events with the branding.