You missed out on answering a couple of reviews, if you don't mind me saying so. I know I hate when I do that myself. (Def in ch 9 and IBEX in ch 10).

It's actually rather scary to see Rother slowly fall apart. Mainly because we care about the other people in Delago House. :(

You missed out on answering a couple of reviews, if you don't mind me saying so. I know I hate when I do that myself. (Def in ch 9 and IBEX in ch 10).

It's actually rather scary to see Rother slowly fall apart. Mainly because we care about the other people in Delago House.  :(

Actually both of them were late reviews for Ch. 9 and sometimes I can't get back to them after the main rush since my focus it to keep the story moving forward with future chapters. Considering I don't miss many, I'd say I'm doing pretty good overall. Thanks for noticing. :)

Rother's inexperience dealing with situations beyond his control, I think, is his greatest flaw. His overconfidence will be crippling if he doesn't learn to rise above it.

• Like 2

Actually both of them were late reviews for Ch. 9 and sometimes I can't get back to them after the main rush since my focus it to keep the story moving forward with future chapters.

Oh, right, so they were. I mostly asked because I wanted the answer to Ibex' question about Rother. :yes:

Nathan's motives appear to have evolved over the course of the story.  It went from great expectations to survival rather quickly and then, anger and revenge reared their head and later with the attempted kidnapping additional fear and a bit of hope.  With the recent episode uncertainty seems dominant.  Mann does like to roil the emotional seas and I certainly expect more, especially with the cast of characters as drawn so far...  

• Like 2

The suspense is killing me ! Waiting for an impending disaster to take place is wreaking havoc on me ! I can't imagine what Nathan would be going through, caught in a middle of a fight between two egotistic, arrogant and selfish men (with one of them being a ruthless murderer or would that describe both of them ?). It would take a miracle to NOT become collateral damage !

That is one of the reasons I didn't read Chapter 11 as soon as it had been posted, unlike what I'd have normally done. It is too upsetting, dreading what would happen to Nathan, Blythe, Samantha et al ... I couldn't care less if Rother had been hurt, wounded or even killed ...

SCREAM as loud and as long as I can ...

:(

Edited by hohochan657
  • Like 3

Mann's cruel. I can't believe what he makes Nathan suffer through in the coming chapters!

And Carlos is cruel for rubbing it in. Now I know how y'all feel when I tease about Parker's story... Come to think of it Carlos betaed on that story too. Carlos has all the connections...

• Like 3

And Carlos is cruel for rubbing it in. Now I know how y'all feel when I tease about Parker's story... Come to think of it Carlos betaed on that story too. Carlos has all the connections...

Carlos puts out... Just sayin'

• Like 4

I'll admit I've been lucky in what I've been asked to read ahead. Mann's an old hand at this but I think Parker has the potential to be just as good an author. His plotting and writing are damn good and he's taken the advice/suggestions/criticisms I've given him with grace and the understanding I want his story to shine. I'd do it again with him in a heartbeat. :D

Carlos puts out... Just sayin'

Yeah? And your point is? :P

• Like 3

Mann's cruel. I can't believe what he makes Nathan suffer through in the coming chapters!

I stand by my previous statement, Mann will drag us (readers) to hell and back ... and Carlos, you're not helping with my state of mind by dangling us at the precipice of doom ...

In order to preserve my sanity and the auditory nerves of you all, I may have to hold out on reading further chapters of this story until the whole series have been posted here ... NOT the most ideal of situation but the best I could come up with under the circumstances (heartless author and his equally cold, unfeeling beta reader, delighting in tormenting our poor souls)

SCREAMING at the top of my lungs for as long as I physically could ...

• Like 3

I stand by my previous statement, Mann will drag us (readers) to hell and back ... and Carlos, you're not helping with my state of mind by dangling us at the precipice of doom ...

In order to preserve my sanity and the auditory nerves of you all, I may have to hold out on reading further chapters of this story until the whole series have been posted here ... NOT the most ideal of situation but the best I could come up with under the circumstances (heartless author and his equally cold, unfeeling beta reader, delighting in tormenting our poor souls)

SCREAMING at the top of my lungs for as long as I physically could ...

You can't stop reading. If you do you'll also have to avoid this thread in case anyone gies stuff away. Mann's special when he comes to doling out suspense, I don't write cliffies in my stories the way he does.

• Like 2

I can - especially with you to egg him on. :lol:

Mann's special when he comes to doling out suspense, I don't write cliffies in my stories the way he does.

Hmm, I seem to recall a certain CJ helicopter cliffie.

• Like 3

Verdict? Did we react accordingly? Did the dentist have to ask you to behave?

I think even Carlos may be surprised at most of us dancing with glee over the demise of the bitch.

But Mann may have earned the title of Cliffie King for real this time. :rofl:

• Like 3

Verdict? Did we react accordingly? Did the dentist have to ask you to behave?

I think even Carlos may be surprised at most of us dancing with glee over the demise of the bitch.

But Mann may have earned the title of Cliffie King for real this time. :rofl:

I behaved But now I have an appointment for the end of the month. Need new surface fillings on my bottom teeth to protect the roots. Damn old age and receding gum lines!

My response was glee in Vivian's death and awe at the gory details (something Mann excells at!) I've been glancing at the reviews and was surprised a couple of people mentioned not liking deaths and/or the gore. Maybe I'm just twisted enough I like both and have no qualms when a character gets mutilated LOL

But then again, I'm the one who loved reading about the branding and how cruel that was! Funny considering I avoid horror stories and movies. Probably because they're so stupidly predictable for the most part while I&C's so well written even in slicing somebody's throat I find poetry. And the cliffie was perfect even if the real master at them in my book is still C James. NOBODY has beaten him yet in my readings. Mann does write the best fricking villains, though.

• Like 4

When I was younger it never bothered me, at least in stories. So I think context plays a larger part in how much it can bother me and what kind of violence. Mann's description was good, almost too good, in bringing me there at the end of this chapter. So it made my stomach turn a bit. But I kinda figured that was the point. We were experiencing it as Nathan did, and he certainly didn't enjoy it.

Edited by spikey582
  • Like 5