Inspirational Quotes

"Is there a difference between happiness and inner peace? Yes.

Happiness depends on conditions being perceived as positive; 

inner peace does not."                                                                         

-Eckhart Tolle                                                                                                                             

sandrewn

• Like 3

"I have lived with several Zen masters -- all of them cats."

-Eckhart Tolle                                                                                                                

sandrewn

• Like 3

"I have too much respect for people to try to control them. But they are estranged from love, afraid to reach out and touch one another. We're afraid to appear sentimental or speak in platitudes because people will say, 'What a jerk!' It takes courage in our culture to be a lover." 

Leo Buscaglia

• Like 2
  • Love 1

“I look back now and realize that the gift of a true friend is that

they see you not the way you see yourself or the way others     

see you. A true friend sees you for who you are and who you    

can become.”                                                                                        

-Robin Jones Gunn                                                                                                                    

sandrewn

(I changed, 'she sees' to 'they see')

• Like 3
  • Love 2

"With age comes wisdom,                                                 

but sometimes age comes alone."

-Oscar Wilde                                                                                         

sandrewn

Edited by sandrewn
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

“Santa knows Physics: Of all colors, Red Light penetrates fog best.  

That’s why Benny the Blue-Nosed reindeer never got the gig.”

~ Neil deGrasse Tyson

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

“I was hurt so deep that I made up my mind never to hurt anybody else, no matter what.  I never made jokes about anybody's big ears, their stut- terin', or about them bein' off their nut.” ~ Entertainer Jimmy Durante (February 10, 1893 – January 29, 1980) was referring to being teased at school as a child for his looks, as quoted in: Schnozzola: The Story of Jimmy Durante (1951), by Gene Fowler. Durante was known for piano talent, singing, comedy, and a very large nose.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

“The beginning of wisdom, as they say. When you're seventeen

you know everything. When you're twenty-seven if you still       

know everything you're still seventeen.”                                         

-Ray Bradbury                                                                                                                            

sandrewn                                   

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

“To know that we know what we know, and to know that we do

not know what we do not know, that is true knowledge.”           

-Nicolaus Copernicus                                                                                                            

sandrewn

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Hope smiles from the threshold of the year to come, whispering, 'It will be happier.'

Alfred Lord Tennyson

This was tweeted out by my local bus district just before midnight on New Year’s Eve!  ;-)

Edited by Former Member

Stay true to yourself, yet always be open to learn. Work hard, and never give up on your dreams, even when nobody else believes they can come true but you. These are not cliches but real tools you need no matter what you do in life to stay focused on your path.

-Phillip Sweet

sandrewn

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Be at war with your vices, at

peace with your neighbors, 

and let every new year find 

you a better person.            

Benjamin Franklin                                          

sandrewn

(changed 'man' to 'person')

• Like 1

Every block of stone has a statue inside it and

it is the task of the sculptor to discover it.       

-Michelangelo                                                                                            

sandrewn

• Like 1

Experience is not what happens to you; it's what

you do with what happens to you.                         

-Aldous Huxley                                                                                      

sandrewn

• Like 2
  • Love 1