I like what I've read do far, of course there are lots of questions in my head, curious to see what transpires.

Same here. I'm already on Noël's side. Tantalizing ... more please ?

Curious...tantalizing. Yay! Thank you!

• Like 2

I'm thinking is now the time to start throwing out wild theories? Or would that spoil things for the rest of you? Not that I think I'm right, but you might want more to go on...

I like the first chapter and am also very curious about what's going on.

• Like 3

I gave up on the idea of authors answering questions long ago...

So, what could be going on? Are they planning to marry Noël off to someone? What will he feel about that? I didn't find the idea of "completing a cycle" as the most romantic basis for a relationship, but those marks on his body seems to have a clear meaning to people. Or vamps...?

His nana being in on it...? I hope that doesn't tarnish his memory of her.

• Like 3

I gave up on the idea of authors answering questions long ago...

So, what could be going on? Are they planning to marry Noël off to someone? What will he feel about that? I didn't find the idea of "completing a cycle" as the most romantic basis for a relationship, but those marks on his body seems to have a clear meaning to people. Or vamps...?

His nana being in on it...? I hope that doesn't tarnish his memory of her.

I love your wild theories, Puppi! :D

There's still plenty of time for more... before chapter two will be posted. Anyone else?

Edited by aditus
  • Like 2

Mmmm, not all that much yet to start speculating. Maybe Noël is destined to take the place of the present King, but the people expecting him had imagined someone more regal and less of a brat. Looking at the name of the story maybe after he becomes King he wants a "mate" ? After the whole story is posted reading this speculation probably leads to a hearty laugh :)

• Like 3

I must repeat my comment from my review: Nice space about free will, but honestly do they believe that themselves? What 18 year old could excercise free will in a situation like that?

All  I say is he's not a normal eighteen year old. :)

• Like 2

By introducing Seraei, Ancients and the concepts of Aparta and Kune, all premises will have to be re-evaluated. But now Noël has to fall in love with Diarmad to rescue him. And the love should be genuine. Well, Adi, you set yourself some obstacles there ... looking forward to how they will be overcome.

• Like 2

I think I would have an issue with two other souls inhabiting my body if I were Noel too.  I think it would feel like being told I had multiple personalities.  

But isn't it more like they are reinforcing already existing aspects of his personality? You know, sort of like people saying: 'oh you're always so helpful, you get that from your mom/dad.'

On the other hand, I can see your point, being told you have three souls must be pretty confusing, particularly when people around you have actually known the guys who had those souls before. :o

• Like 2

I would find it very hard to believe my own feelings if I knew some else was in there influencing me. That's why I think it's a bit weird to talk about free will.

I'm not saying Noel would be unhappy being the King's mate, but that nagging question must be there in the back of his mind.

• Like 2

But isn't it more like they are reinforcing already existing aspects of his personality? You know, sort of like people saying: 'oh you're always so helpful, you get that from your mom/dad.'

On the other hand, I can see your point, being told you have three souls must be pretty confusing, particularly when people around you have actually known the guys who had those souls before. :o

I would find it very hard to believe my own feelings if I knew some else was in there influencing me. That's why I think it's a bit weird to talk about free will.

I'm not saying Noel would be unhappy being the King's mate, but that nagging question must be there in the back of his mind.

That's exactly it. 'being told' and 'if I knew'.  What if you didn't?

• Like 1

If I didn't know, then I wouldn't even consider the possibility. But since he does... Hard to squeeze that genie back in the bottle.

So of course they are right to tell him. It's just the consequences that are heavy to deal with.

• Like 1

I think that's what would be hard for Noel ... having someone who knew these people (and had to suffer through them dying) look at him with anticipation waiting for a glimpse of their loved one.  Do they like him for him or because of the spirits that he carries with him?  

Do these spirits merge and become one cohesive whole or is there always going to be a duality, or in this case a triality?  

The two spirits already had a chance to love the King, but Noel doesn't really know him.  It sounds like they already influence his protectiveness over the King  .. so yeah, I'm not sure how much free will there actually is in this case, not counting the fact that Noel knows the King will die without him around.  

EDIT:  That's not saying that Noel doesn't have a chance to fall in love with him or be happy, but the whole free will issue is tainted.  

Edited by LitLover
  • Like 2