Loved the chapter... it answered a lot of questions, but brought up so many other concerns.  As I said in my review, how do you hold on to your sense of self if there are two others living inside of you?  It would be a hard on the psyche I would think.  I like what Puppilul asked:  how would you trust that anything you felt was actually you feeling it?  Heck, even Diarmad keeps saying that things Noel is doing is because of one of the other mates' souls inside of him.  

Ok I'm just rambling now.   Great chapter Adi!  :)

• Like 3

I think one of Noel's strengths will be a strong sense of self ... Tristan and Luis have always been a part of him, dormant perhaps but still there. Noel is not a typical person.

Edited by dughlas
  • Like 3

A strong sense of self... I couldn't have said it better. Wasn't it one of the characteristics that identified the final mate? To be a strong soul? Let's hope Noel can meet the requirements...

• Like 1

Still, as strong as he may be, it's will be quite an adjustment to reconcile himself with the thought of being home to not one but three souls. Even if they've been there from the start, they've been dormant. So he'll have some work to do. On top of accepting everything else he's just found out...

• Like 2

I think one of Noel's strengths will be a strong sense of self ... Tristan and Luis have always been a part of him, dormant perhaps but still there. Noel is not a typical person.

He does have a strong sense of self, but he's just been told that two other souls are going to merge with his, and everyone keeps pointing to things he's doing and saying "so and so did that".. not Noel.  How can that not get to someone?  

Maybe I'm thinking too allegoric, but isn't what happens to Noël comparable with a phenomenon as puberty: a dormant soul awakens ?

But it's only one soul... another part of the existing one.  This two other distinct souls, that have lived, loved...had a life, people who loved them and are now looking at Noel hoping to see "that person"

Edited by LitLover
  • Like 1

I think Noel is going to completely snap on someone soon.  The whole whispering and smiling about "Luis" and "Tristan" every time he does something seems to be getting to him.  Heck, he keeps questioning himself.  Now he's found out that not living as a "mate" with the Diarmid could potentially cause their clan to be banished from Earth?  Talk about pressure.

• Like 1

The King's Mate series consists of three books. The first is called 'The Holly and the Ivy'.

The prologue and first chapter is now life. :) I aim to update weekly. If I forget, remind me.

Thank you to my team: Lisa, Zombie and Val. Couldn't do this with out you. :hug:

I like fictional characters very much... Vampires and 'Kings and Mages' and all...

I'll definitely gonna read Your story. It will take some time but I'll eventually Read it Review definitely... :)

• Like 1

So is Noel and the king breaking the law by sleeping together? Is Noel supposed to get more time to get to know the king at a distance first? I mean them sharing a bed is really very innocent (certain visible signs of interest aside...). Maybe I missed this part, but I thought they were supposed to spend time together.

• Like 1

So is Noel and the king breaking the law by sleeping together? Is Noel supposed to get more time to get to know the king at a distance first? I mean them sharing a bed is really very innocent (certain visible signs of interest aside...). Maybe I missed this part, but I thought they were supposed to spend time together.

Maybe Keelan McGill doesn't believe they only share a bed.

It was a really good chapter.  Noel's talk with Simon was very helpful.  

Question:  Let's say that Noel walked away, what happens to Tristan and Luis?  What happens to them if Diarmid dies?  Do they just go away?  What if Diarmid lives?  Do the souls wait until another third mate is born? Some of this might have been answered already, in part.  

• Like 1