I don't know of any other author on GA who does this. Don't get me wrong, I'm so not complaining. In fact I think it's lovely. It gently reminds me of the story and characters - some episodes come to mind immediately and vividly, others, less so. Which of course, makes me want to read that bit of the story again. :)

• Like 3

I don't know of any other author on GA who does this. Don't get me wrong, I'm so not complaining. In fact I think it's lovely. It gently reminds me of the story and characters - some episodes come to mind immediately and vividly, others, less so. Which of course, makes me want to read that bit of the story again. :)

Are there other stories that were set in the near-term future when they were posted that were day & month specific? I can’t remember reading any other story set in the near-term future that was that specific. I have read a few that were set in the past that included date information.  ;-)

There are other stories...Skinnydragon's 18 Weeks of Twoey comes to mind, and Lux Apollo's Running for Home may, also....that have specific dates that are easy to mark or extrapolate. When A to Z was written, these dates were off in the indefinite sounding future. Now, they are real time, real moments. I suppose I mark the dates in part because the story still means so much to me. It also helps me remember that someplace in the world, there are real Andy's and Zander's healing, falling in love, learning to grow beyond their hurts. 

• Like 3

I still haven’t started reading 18 Weeks.

I like the X-Men movies, but like along with vampires and werewolves, I avoid mutant stories.

Some of us are waiting to read about Andy, Zander, and the Anderson kid.

Edited by Former Member

Augh. And I already have a long list of spring projects...   :)

It must be horrible to be such a popular author!  ;-)

If you get much more demand for your time, you’ll probably just write outlines and get ‘cowriters’ to fill in the text just like those big mainstream authors!

It must be horrible to be such a popular author!  ;-)

If you get much more demand for your time, you’ll probably just write outlines and get ‘cowriters’ to fill in the text just like those big mainstream authors!

I think Timothy M liked this because he’s considering the possibilities too!  ;-)

Augh. And I already have a long list of spring projects...   :)

And you're still being pestered by other wannabe writers as well, aren't you?   :yes:   :gikkle:

[Thanks for the Bard - still working through the changes ...  :P]

• Like 2

Andy and Zander did more than just sleep last night. But today, a fight almost breaks out in the lunchroom. And now they are both very much out....

Yeah, I loved that scene. Andy was so brave.

It would help if you mentioned which chapter you're talking about. Then it's easier to indulge in another read.

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 3

It would help if you mentioned which chapter you're talking about. Then it's easier to indulge in another read.

It's two chapters, really, Chapter 53 and 54....

• Like 2

You mean you don't know immediately? :o  I do, of course ... :whistle:  :P

• Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...
16 hours ago, droughtquake said:

Where’s the reception?  ;-)

At the church, right afterwards... Andy and Zander had to be in school yesterday! I wondered that Monday morning might have been like... :)

• Like 2
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Parker Owens said:

Andy and Zander had to be in school yesterday! I wondered that Monday morning might have been like... :)

When you find out, please write a sequel or a short story and tell us. ;) 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • 4 months later...

If you see this, then the first chapter of the new story A Fall Observation - in which we see our old friends - will have posted. Unfortunately, I made an error in posting, which means it isn't showing on the 'New Stories.'  But it's there!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Whatever the glitch was, I didn’t get a Notification either even though I supposedly get notifications of all your work (even all the poetry I don’t read – sorry, it’s a poetry thing, not you). So my handful of followers (who seem to want to read all of my crazy comments or weird postings in The Pit) should see that I’ve Commented both here and on the chapter (I’m still confused about how Notifications work in relation to Following, it doesn’t make sense to me). And maybe if I add a sarcastic Comment on a certain author’s stories, I’ll stop seeing that nasty ‘reminder’ to Comment on stories as if I’ve never Reviewed or Commented on any of the stories I’ve read…