6 hours ago, Headstall said:

In some ways I see it as similar to Michael's guilt... he'll handle it, but he won't ever forget it... I see Liam getting him over that hump in the same kind of way that Kendall did... lot of talking and reassurance... guilt does recede. It just needs absolution... Liam could milk it, but I don't think he would... I don't know what you have planned, but I have a good read of your characters... and you always stay true to them :) 

5 hours ago, LitLover said:

I can see that.  Michael felt guilty for not owning up to his feelings over the years and Alek feels guilty for making Liam fee anything less than the most important thing in his life.  I foresee some conversations in their future 

1 hour ago, Drew Espinosa said:

OMG! :o We're actually discussing the story and not on a tangent? Has the world ended? :P 

Hehe, on a serious note, @LitLover and @Headstall I enjoyed your discussion on Alek. I think Alek will carry that guilt with him for a very long time, even after Alek and Liam fully repair their relationship (romantic or otherwise).

Michael was a clueless dumbass but didn't do anything deliberately. Alek took actions that hurt Liam, he chose to make Liam feel like a dirty little secret.

It will be/should be much harder for Alek than it was Michael. You can hear it in every second sentence he utters.

• Like 5
2 minutes ago, Bucket1 said:

Michael was a clueless dumbass but didn't do anything deliberately. Alek took actions that hurt Liam, he chose to make Liam feel like a dirty little secret.

That's why Gary said "in some ways..." ;)

1 minute ago, Bucket1 said:

@Drew Espinosa I believe the phrase you are looking for is "Bloody Authors" :P

I don't have the Aussie accent to pull it off. :P 

• Like 5

There was a Bay Area Curling contingent in the San Francisco Pride Parade today! Must be a bunch of confused Canadians…

…and yes, the contingent is about the Olympic sport, not weightlifting or hairdressing tools. One of the participants had one of those brooms/mop things that he was pretending to sweep with.

Edited by Former Member
8 hours ago, LitLover said:

We Canadians are a wily lot. So well regardless that we can slip through border security with curling brooms in hand and no one bats an eyelash ;) 

On a side note, have you ever tried to lift one of those curling stones?  They're heavy. Good thing they slide easily 

:yes: 

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Timothy M. said:

Why do I have the feeling I haven't commented on the last chapter? :huh:  or am I even further behind? :unsure:  

I hope you can be patient, LL: because I should be finishing my prompt chapter before Friday.

I noticed you didn’t mention which Friday. It could be a couple days from now. Or a week and a half. Or next month…  ;-)

8 minutes ago, Timothy M. said:

Why do I have the feeling I haven't commented on the last chapter? :huh:  or am I even further behind? :unsure:  

I hope you can be patient, LL: because I should be finishing my prompt chapter before Friday.

I'm pretty sure you commented, but I don't think I've replied yet.  And even if you didn't, I can be patient for Rob ;) 

• Like 4
10 minutes ago, Timothy M. said:

So you're sneaking out a Choices chapter without saying anything? ;) Did you think we wouldn't notice? :lol: 

I've read and liked, and will be back to comment once my headache fades.

lol I thought I did post the new chapter.  I wonder what happened? :unsure: 

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, Timothy M. said:

You did, but you normally announce it here. That's what I was trying to imply. :facepalm: 

Okay I can't type.  I meant I thought I commented that I'd posted the new chapter.   Sigh. My typing and reading skills today are terrible. 

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, LitLover said:

Okay I can't type.  I meant I thought I commented that I'd posted the new chapter.   Sigh. My typing and reading skills today are terrible. 

You’ve strongly implied it, but you haven’t actually announced it yet…  [ducks after teasing the author!]