• Site Moderator

It's amazing how many people drive like it's the middle of summer when the roads are icy.  I see it happen way too often.  

Funny thing about driving in icy conditions. My dad's from northern Ontario and his birthday is in January so he learned how to drive over the winter. Thing was, his older cousin was his main instructor and instead of teaching my dad in a parking lot like the rest of us were when we were young - you know, before Sunday shopping made that kind of impossible - my dad learned how to drive on a frozen lake. Something to do with the cops not being able to get him...so we were told. Course, knowing his cousin, I'm sure it was because that was the perfect place for making doughnuts. :P

• Like 5

Funny thing about driving in icy conditions. My dad's from northern Ontario and his birthday is in January so he learned how to drive over the winter. Thing was, his older cousin was his main instructor and instead of teaching my dad in a parking lot like the rest of us were when we were young - you know, before Sunday shopping made that kind of impossible - my dad learned how to drive on a frozen lake. Something to do with the cops not being able to get him...so we were told. Course, knowing his cousin, I'm sure it was because that was the perfect place for making doughnuts. :P

lol I didn't learn on a lake, but I have driven on an ice road a time or two.  No donuts for me though haha

• Like 4
  • Site Moderator

As is probably expected:   :X

I'm looking forward to tomorrow too. Doubly so, since my poor brain kept thinking today was tomorrow...I don't suppose you care to take pity on my poor confused brain and give it some early relief, eh?  0:)

• Like 5
  • Site Moderator

I forgot to mention in my review that I thought Liam might end up making the acquaintance -  I mean, there had to be a silver lining here somewhere, right? - of a hunky firefighter, but maybe not.

Then again, there's still time though for said hunky firefighter to stop by to see how Liam's doing....

So Nathan is a hunky paramedic, that is just as good. Now, if only something can be done about Alek's lousy timing....

• Like 5

I had to laugh about the reply concerning the difficulty of dumping someone who doesn't want to be dumped. I hope Liam tells Nathan the truth about his ex and asks him to please don't leave if Alek turns up again, since he makes him uncomfortable. Even if Nathan isn't interested in Liam, I'm sure he'll be OK with acting as a protector and even help 'torture' Alek with jealousy. But of course I hope Nathan could be Liam's future boyfriend. :yes:

So Nathan is a hunky paramedic, that is just as good. Now, if only something can be done about Alek's lousy timing....

like telling him to f*ck off and not return? 

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 5
  • Site Moderator

Such a dilemma building already, with just one quick glimpse of a blue-eyed paramedic... is there no sympathy for Alek? Is there no accepting people can change? Life is a journey... Alek is on one too... just saying :)  ... a little stirring of the pot if you will... hehe

No! Team Nathan all the way!  :wizard:

• Like 5

Such a dilemma building already, with just one quick glimpse of a blue-eyed paramedic... is there no sympathy for Alek? Is there no accepting people can change? Life is a journey... Alek is on one too... just saying :)  ... a little stirring of the pot if you will... hehe

I'm on Alek's side until he shows me I shouldn't be. I agree it's a journey for him too... 

Uh oh... Tim too... I might be in the minority on this one but.... 

• Like 4

Hmmmm...

I'm on Alek's side until he shows me I shouldn't be. I agree it's a journey for him too... 

Uh oh... Tim too... I might be in the minority on this one but.... 

A house divided... might I just say... bloody authors :P

• Like 4

I am supporting Nathan as a welcome respite from the highly emotional dreck ongoing with Alek. Liam needs a break and some attention from someone who can be open about any relationship. In the brief time allowed he seems a nice guy. That being said should Alek come to his senses and Liam still want him ...

• Like 5

Thanks for being the voice of reason Gary!

I'm fully in support of this. And hey, closeted dudes need love too.

That all being said, I'm reserving leaning one way or the other just yet. The "choices" haven't fully presented themselves as of yet. Nathan, seems like a perfectly nice guy. There does seem to be some potential there.

Alek does have my sympathy. He also seems like a good guy. But as of now, he doesn't seem to be a good choice for Liam. He did make a choice already, and chose to walk away. He has a girlfriend. At this point, if he well and truly does love Liam, he is doing three people a disservice with his present circumstances. Liam is better off without him as of right now. That can change though. If he still loves Liam, and Liam still loves him, perhaps their relationship can be salvaged.

This. A hundred percent this. :worship:

If he still loves Liam, and Liam still loves him, perhaps their relationship can be salvaged.

Liam is pretty adamant about Alek staying away from him, why? Because he still loves Alek, even though he doesn't want to. I mean, from what we have read so far, it is clear Liam wants to move on with his life and forget his feelings for Alek, but he wouldn't be able to do that if Alek is still in the picture.

• Like 5
  • Site Moderator

I'm loving all of this speculation :D  and I am really happy that Alek has a few fans.  I never intended for him to be a bad guy, just someone who might not make decisions everyone agrees with or understands.  

I don't think he is bad, just weak and spineless, and as of right now, beyond all hope of redemption. Will that change? Well, Liam's nearly dying didn't do it, so what in tarnation will? Not holding out much hope for a rekindling of their romance....

Nathan on the other hand...

• Like 5

I don't think he is bad, just weak and spineless, and as of right now, beyond all hope of redemption. Will that change? Well, Liam's nearly dying didn't do it, so what in tarnation will? Not holding out much hope for a rekindling of their romance....

:heart:   :worship:  couldn't have said it better myself. 

• Like 4
  • Site Moderator

Even with the crazy work schedule I've had, I finally got a rough draft of chapter 4 done... now on to Chapter 5!  or do I go over Chapter 3 again?  :unsure2:

Decisions, decisions, decisions... Not easy being an author, I gather. 

• Like 3

Well said... as Spikey said Alek is currently doing a major disservice to three people. Not fair on his gf and not fair to Liam

Maybe he is just misguided. Not a lot of sympathy for his current dilemma, he is hurting Liam who he says he loves and lying to his gf who presumably loves Alek. 

In the closet, out of the closet, that is Alek's call but don't hurt others doing it

Decisions, decisions, decisions... Not easy being an author, I gather. 

The only legitimate response to that would be  :X

• Like 5