It's no wonder Gary is still pulling for Alek his guys always manage to sort out the weirdness keeping them apart. He's a helpless romantic with a soft spot for love and redemption and an HEA.

Not to mention some of us grew up hiding from ourselves in order to fit what was expected. I get where Alek is coming from. My mum is the person who's love and opinion mattered most to me. The thought of losing that terrified me.

I like that hot young blue-eyed EMT with a penchant for bringing hot drinks to patients. I think his attention will be good for Liam regardless of whether they become anything other than friends. Liam knows Alek. His strengths and his weakness if Alek can redeem himself in Liam's eyes more power to him. Someone, I apologize but I've forgotten who, reminded us that the title is "Choices" and Li isn't the only one with a choice to make.

Don't you just love it when the people in a story can get folks all riled up?

Oh, and I'm willing to complicate things and toss my hat into the ring for Liam's affections.

Well, I've done my part to stir the pot... it's fun :)  . And I'll throw my hat in the ring for Alek's affections... hehe... I'll straighten the big Russian out... or would that be unstraighten him out ;)

• Like 5

We will need to agree to disagree on what constitutes cheating in its various forms.  If I were to have obtained funding for my business under false pretenses, I would be a cheat and a liar. I fail to see how that does not apply to Alek just because it is his sexuality he is keeping under wraps and not a past business failure or some other situation that would stop me from getting said funding.

Gary - you are right - neither is acceptable.  When I said the words "...only onto each other till death does you part."  I meant it, and would expect him to have meant it too. Meaningless flings are no better than falling in love with someone else. It is just as hurtful.

I agree... meaningless flings are never meaningless when you have a partner you've committed to... if they are that meaningless, why bother... you are choosing someone to be intimate with who isn't your partner... you are sharing a part of yourself that, unless it's spelled out differently, belongs to another... that is indeed hurtful....

• Like 4

I agree... meaningless flings are never meaningless when you have a partner you've committed to... if they are that meaningless, why bother... you are choosing someone to be intimate with who isn't your partner... you are sharing a part of yourself that, unless it's spelled out differently, belongs to another... that is indeed hurtful....

I agree wholeheartedly.  I had one boyfriend who cheated and told me that "it meant nothing".  Do people actually accept that excuse?  Why would you risk a relationship with someone you say you care about on "nothing"?  

• Like 3

I agree wholeheartedly.  I had one boyfriend who cheated and told me that "it meant nothing".  Do people actually accept that excuse?  Why would you risk a relationship with someone you say you care about on "nothing"?

I was told it wasn't about me ... huh?!?

• Like 2

I was told it wasn't about me ... huh?!?

Yeah right - "It's not you"

Well then just what the hell is it? A complete lack of control? Are we 12 yrs old again????

• Like 3
  • Site Moderator

Those last few pages of this topic were fun to read! :D

Okay, so I was gonna avoid declaring for a team, but what the hell... I'm Team Alek! :P

Fine, you and Gary can commiserate when Alek is shown the door - figuratively and literally... 

• Like 4

Fine, you and Gary can commiserate when Alek is shown the door - figuratively and literally... 

I'll just use someone else's words as my response:

Whatever...

:P

On a serious note, I can't help but speculate how Corey would react  if he were in Liam's shoes. I think he would've blown a gasket if a closeted ex-boyfriend wanted to get back together even if said ex was in a relationship with a woman. I mean, we all know what Corey's views are on cheaters, and he certainly wouldn't have been happy at the idea of participating in cheating as "the other man."

• Like 5
  • Site Moderator

On a serious note, I can't help but speculate how Corey would react  if he were in Liam's shoes. I think he would've blown a gasket if a closeted ex-boyfriend wanted to get back together even if said ex was in a relationship with a woman. I mean, we all know what Corey's views are on cheaters, and he certainly wouldn't have been happy at the idea of participating in cheating as "the other man."

Exactly! 

• Like 1

Oops - seems I stirred the pot a bit too. :*)

duck back out to return to Michael and his dads

Yes! Please do!!! (I miss Angie & the Imp too!)  ;-)

…and I've finally caught up with this Discussion Forum!

Edited by Former Member

Those last few pages of this topic were fun to read! :D

Okay, so I was gonna avoid declaring for a team, but what the hell... I'm Team Alek! :P

Yes!

Jeez, Drew... I thought you were going to help me and spikey :unsure::rolleyes:

• Like 4

Yes!

Jeez, Drew... I thought you were going to help me and spikey :unsure::rolleyes:

I love Alek, but I recognize his flaws. :P He is a man who has the chance to redeem himself, and therefore is someone I can support.

Kids! :P

Who ya calling a kid? I'm almost 22! -_-:P

• Like 4