' Live-Poets Society ' – A Corner For Poetry

3 hours ago, AC Benus said:

I was talking to my dentist yesterday. He's a young man, maybe 23 or so, and while he had me incapacitated started talking about reading Bram Stoker and others. Later he mentioned having read Shelly's Frankenstein. His observation about the book was very apt and concise. He said it's the doctor who's the monster in the book.

Couldn't have said better myself :)

But what a pity you couldn't discuss it while undergoing dental work. As long as he didn't make an emphatic point with one of his pointy tools...

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Parker Owens said:

But what a pity you couldn't discuss it while undergoing dental work. As long as he didn't make an emphatic point with one of his pointy tools...

It was funny, because he was taking impressions. The pink claylike substance needs several mins to firm up, so once that thing is in my mouth, he starts talking books, and I'm like - damn - you know your timing if you want to keep my mouth closed ;) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
3 minutes ago, AC Benus said:

I had a bad dream last night, so I present this Traveler's Haiku (affix tongue firmly in cheek before reading ;) )  

Hell might simply be

an endless nightmare, feeling 

stuck in an airport. 

I can relate to this completely. Thank you. 

• Like 5
13 minutes ago, AC Benus said:

I had a bad dream last night, so I present this Traveler's Haiku (affix tongue firmly in cheek before reading ;) )  

Hell might simply be

stuck in an airport. 

hehe 

• Like 2
35 minutes ago, AC Benus said:

Hell might simply be

stuck in an airport. 

as i really dislike flying, and everything to do with it

this is spot on!

• Like 3
49 minutes ago, AC Benus said:

Hell might simply be

stuck in an airport. 

This gives me pause right now. Taking international flight this summer. First since going blind 12 years ago. I get anxious thinking about that hell.

• Like 3
  • Wow 1
1 hour ago, AC Benus said:

Hell might simply be

stuck in an airport. 

Nightmares are something that lash out the inner fears and build a constructive screenplay to be performed by oneself in their mind. Your poem gives chill, as one can interpret it to their fears and can find a vivid imagination set in front of their eyes. Very haunting lines these are. I totally fallen into them. Great combination of words you have written here my friend. 

Edited by Emi GS
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
48 minutes ago, BlindAmbition said:

This gives me pause right now. Taking international flight this summer. First since going blind 12 years ago. I get anxious thinking about that hell.

hugs, buddy :)

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, Emi GS said:

Nightmares are something that lash out the inner fears and build a constructive screenplay to be performed by oneself in their mind. Your poem gives chill, as one can interpret it to their fears and can find a vivid imagination set in front of their eyes. Very haunting lines these are. I totally fallen into them. Great combination of words you have written here my friend. 

Thanks, Emi. From what I can remember of the dream, I was in line to board a flight. I had my roller bag ready, and everything seemed fine. Then a staff person threw up a barrier, and said "Go with him." Another staff member led the way, and I and the people waiting behind me followed this guy up some steps, where we were put in another waiting maze. The horrible thing is, although the line moved fairly fast, we kept passing the starting point over and over, making an unbroken circle :o   

From there it just got awful, because I started to doubt if I even had a boarding pass. *shrieks*

I'm glad I woke up then. 

• Like 1
  • Wow 3
1 hour ago, AC Benus said:

Posey as a teenager, in the 1880s

AlexanderPosey.png?itok=w7hyk75W

He was so young when he passed.. that's such a shame.. i've read of few of his poems.. the one to his wife is lovely. 

Edited by Mikiesboy
  • Like 3
40 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

I like this one:  A vision of rest   alexander posey

Some day this quest
       Shall cease;
          Some day,
          For aye,
    This heart shall rest
      In peace.
Sometimes—ofttimes—I almost feel
The calm upon my senses steal,
So soft, and all but hear
The dead leaves rustle near
And sign to be
At rest with me.
Though I behold
  The ashen branches tossing to and fro,
  Somehow I only vaguely know
The wind is rude and cold.

it appeals to my darker side

While a darker mood in it, it’s peaceful and welcoming to the notion. He was certainly eloquent with words. This one is lovely.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, BlindAmbition said:

While a darker mood in it, it’s peaceful and welcoming to the notion. He was certainly eloquent with words. This one is lovely.

Just now, AC Benus said:

But there is a great, comforting spirituality I think to this vision.  

there is much peace in it.. i like it very much.. i think it will be read often... 

• Like 1
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

I like this one:  A vision of rest   alexander posey

Some day this quest
       Shall cease;
          Some day,
          For aye,
    This heart shall rest
      In peace.
Sometimes—ofttimes—I almost feel
The calm upon my senses steal,
So soft, and all but hear
The dead leaves rustle near
And sign to be
At rest with me.
Though I behold
  The ashen branches tossing to and fro,
  Somehow I only vaguely know
The wind is rude and cold.

it appeals to my darker side

This poem is both simple and complex. It's wonderful, I don't think it's something I'd tire of. Beautiful. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • 4 weeks later...