Open Club  ·  280 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

Where The F$%k Has Mark Been?

Only one that I know of.

But definitely two former Air Force guys, and one Navy.

You seem to have unfairly neglected some of the services, though. I feel badly for the Army, US Coast Guard, and the US Public Health Service. :unsure:

• Like 2

And we all know how much Mark hates whining. :P

Which reminds me, how many characters in his stories hate whining? :rolleyes:

I would love to watch Mark Arbour read Talia Jane's open letter to the YELP Ceo, and just see how much of it he can stomach. (I don't think it's all that bad and she has some good points, but she's apparently being held up as the archetypal "whiny Millennial.")

Ha!! I've been so busy with work lately (spending an increasing amount of time over on your side of the pond) that I got worried I was neglecting the beta reading. So I logged on to my emails with trepidation, imagining all sorts of gentle or not so gentle ribbing - only to find the only messages were for baldness cures and penis enlargements.

Oh, and an interesting email from a Nigerian prince that apparently is going to make me millions....

Glad to hear you're doing well, Westie.

As for Mike, I always thought the M in MMike1969 stood for Marine Mike, born in 1969. Heh. Okay.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 1

TMike is my first name, I was born in 1969 and the second M is the first initial in my last name. 

And Westie, I hate to tell you but your "prince" is a fake. The REAL Prince already promised me his millions. 

Impunity: normal as in it wasn't some short term fling or a one night stand to satisfy my hormones. 

• Like 3
Guest Mark Davidson

Mark,

For all the pleasure you have given me Ijust want to say thanks. I am now on my third re-reading and every time I find something new. I appreciate your letting us know that you are OK, and I hope that your writing muse returns soon.

Thanks again for such a tremendous amount of work. I am very grateful.

Mark Davidson

TMike is my first name, I was born in 1969 and the second M is the first initial in my last name.

Apropos of nothing, but I had a math teacher who was your age. Picture a former baseball jock-turned-teacher with a pot belly, who wore clothes entirely too tight for him because somewhere in his mind, he's still the hot shit jock that he was back in the late 80's. Right before I graduated, I said something to the effect of, "Hey, isn't it funny that the seniors this year were mostly born in 1987, which is when you graduated, Mr. Baker?" He looked pissed and joked back, "Aren't you graduated yet?"

Another person your age, who called himself Mark Logan, wrote a pretty good story called By the Way. It's set in his high school and college years, and there's a decent dose of 80's nostalgia there. (The hair in the late 80's may have been hideous, but you gotta love the tight clothes, which Logan does write about.) The story was unfinished (there was a great deal of drama as to why which I'm not going to go into), but it's worth a look.

Dear Mark

Did not realise you had a message here.. So a late reaction. Good to hear you are still alive... !

Whatever new chapters are comming up... take your time till your joy in writing is back for you write very well :worship: .

Hmmm

Just guessing... Did you ran into your main caracter in the Bridgemont series... ran into Granger's kind of trouble ?

Hmm I mean the new position Granger is going to have with the fleet where he can not do much right in the eyes of many... and is  a possible pawn in conflicts between people ranking higher ?

Getting a new position, no longer captain, no longer in control of your own handlings... And under the eyes of everyone to criticise...  at random ?

Mark it feels like you are in his situation...

Take care of yourself. Do things you like and things that will give you energy.

Love your partner and kids and tell them how you are feeling. Be honest  with them. Hmm... yes even young kids realise people can have bad times and needs hugs and TLC.

Cook proper meals ... and invite friends that realise you need them at this moment and make them a nice dinner.

Just get back to your roots, the basic guy who lives here under the writers name of Mark Arbour.

Enjoy life, enjoy yourself, your family and your friends. And if they cannot heal you reach out for others...

Love, hugs and kisses

AndyG

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

It may not be related but I have to say, thank you.

I remember reading The CAP series when I was 19yo and for some reason just simply lost track, mainly studies and relationships.

But now that I'm 27 I found you again, I literally went out there and looked for it. My head told me i needed read it all over again.

And I'm so glad I did. I have spent the last month reading all of CAP, much to the annoyance of my partner. But I was just glued, I needed to know what was happening next. I have to say I loved them all but I was moved and I mean openingly crying by Parenthood and 9-11

and even know I can't remember those words written without having an emotional reaction.

Now that you are back I'm everyday checking to see if I can find a new chapter uploaded.

My phone is full of our your ebooks, which is a great idea. I can just move around the city and read. Hoping in the train don't see the 'sexual' bits haha.

But I'm glad you are back. I can only imagine what I was to be away for so long. Not only for you but for your readers.

I hope to see more of your writing for a long time. And maybe one day meet and discuss them. But that's just a nice thought!

;)

Know I just finished second book of Bridgemont while I wait for more CAP.

Thank you again Mark.

• Like 2

It may not be related but I have to say, thank you.

I remember reading The CAP series when I was 19yo and for some reason just simply lost track, mainly studies and relationships.

But now that I'm 27 I found you again, I literally went out there and looked for it. My head told me i needed read it all over again.

And I'm so glad I did. I have spent the last month reading all of CAP, much to the annoyance of my partner. But I was just glued, I needed to know what was happening next. I have to say I loved them all but I was moved and I mean openingly crying by Parenthood and 9-11

and even know I can't remember those words written without having an emotional reaction.

Now that you are back I'm everyday checking to see if I can find a new chapter uploaded.

My phone is full of our your ebooks, which is a great idea. I can just move around the city and read. Hoping in the train don't see the 'sexual' bits haha.

But I'm glad you are back. I can only imagine what I was to be away for so long. Not only for you but for your readers.

I hope to see more of your writing for a long time. And maybe one day meet and discuss them. But that's just a nice thought!

;)

Know I just finished second book of Bridgemont while I wait for more CAP.

Thank you again Mark.

It's really great to see long-time fans of CAP. I've been a part of Mark's team since pretty much the beginning(along with our lovely Sharon), and it's been a pretty fun ride. Eight years this August!

• Like 1

It's really great to see long-time fans of CAP. I've been a part of Mark's team since pretty much the beginning(along with our lovely Sharon), and it's been a pretty fun ride. Eight years this August!

Very happy of being part of the family! It would great if you could extend my message and my thanks to Mark! Without you guys life would a bit boring! ;)

• Like 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..