I just ripped through your first chapters and then reread! Dynamite characters who seem real and interesting. I love stories where it feels like time is running out on them. You've built a sense of urgency and need. It's erotic but reads natural within the storyline. I don't think it's overly graphic though more at this point would be redundant. Really good writing!

• Like 2

Chapter 7 (not incidentally called "About Time") is now up! Without giving too much away, our romantic heroes endure a few startling revelations...

I just ripped through your first chapters and then reread! Dynamite characters who seem real and interesting. I love stories where it feels like time is running out on them. You've built a sense of urgency and need. It's erotic but reads natural within the storyline. I don't think it's overly graphic though more at this point would be redundant. Really good writing!

I really appreciate that, Cole, thank you so much for the kind words.

Edited by QuinnDK
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I love the guilty pleasure this romcom represents (and no prior knowledge of ice hockey needed, either!). It strikes me as potential film / TV script material (hope this doesn't strike you as an insult ..) - maybe you'd also be able to suggest possible actors or role models?!

Do you experience the same gulity pleasure when writing this? Looking forward to finding out how our heroes avoid the raging paparazzi.  :read:

Thanks, Quinn!

• Like 1

I love the guilty pleasure this romcom represents (and no prior knowledge of ice hockey needed, either!). It strikes me as potential film / TV script material (hope this doesn't strike you as an insult ..) - maybe you'd also be able to suggest possible actors or role models?!

Do you experience the same gulity pleasure when writing this? 

Oh the whole story is one big guilty pleasure for me. I took a lot of inspiration from modern Harlequin romance novels, actually. I want it to have that same kind of appeal. 

It's definitely not an insult to say you see it as a film or series! That's the dream of most authors, isn't it? Henrik is modelled off an actual NHL player named Henrik Zetterberg (his picture is up there in the original post). I've had a couple of actors in mind while writing him too, such as Ken Duken (a very handsome German actor):

add-a-friend-a.jpg 476632263.jpg

Clive Standen is probably a better physical match for Henrik, though:

25717as.jpg vikings_season_4_release_date_yet_to_be_

Ezra would be much tougher to cast! He's younger and he'd have to be an actor who can be vulnerable and boyish, but likeable enough that you believe in his romance with Henrik. The inspiration for the name came from the actor Ezra Miller, who I think has all those qualities, but he's aged a bit out of the role since the last movie I saw him in. 

I'd be very open to suggestions for who you guys see in either role, though.  :*)

I just realised I missed ch 7 and now here's 8! Did anyone sat binge read...? LOL

I've been keeping up with the new chapters avidly - reading each one has been a sort of chocolate substitute ... I can certainly imagine binge reading from the start again!

• Like 1

I've been keeping up with the new chapters avidly - reading each one has been a sort of chocolate substitute ... I can certainly imagine binge reading from the start again!

Oh, there's an idea... To get the maximum fuzzy feeling...

• Like 2

Oh, there's an idea... To get the maximum fuzzy feeling...

Although if Quinn keeps adding chapters, the 'binge' would have to be spread over several days (with breaks) to avoid sugar overload - so not really a binge at all!  :P

Puppilull, just discovered your stories yesterday and adding them to the list of things for me to read. Just too much good stuff here.

Quinn, thanks for yesterday's installment. 

• Like 2

Although if Quinn keeps adding chapters, the 'binge' would have to be spread over several days (with breaks) to avoid sugar overload - so not really a binge at all!  :P

Puppilull, just discovered your stories yesterday and adding them to the list of things for me to read. Just too much good stuff here.

Quinn, thanks for yesterday's installment.

Take your time! I'm not going anywhere and neither are my stories. Quinn and I have the giant hockey player in common, but they each have a different take on life.

• Like 2

I like the story, but I have to admit I don't understand why on earth they wasted time going to the Pop-Viral office. They should have sat down and worked out a strategy and made a decision on how to announce their relationship to the media. Hopefully, Henrik's coach will force them to start thinking pro-actively.

• Like 1

I like the story, but I have to admit I don't understand why on earth they wasted time going to the Pop-Viral office. They should have sat down and worked out a strategy and made a decision on how to announce their relationship to the media. Hopefully, Henrik's coach will force them to start thinking pro-actively.

Well, Ezra is young and not thinking rationally, it took the encounter with PopViral to make him realize that. Plus, I wanted to show that Ezra was slowly starting to get over his fear of taking risks (even if it didn't work out in his favour. But that's life!)

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...

So, after a brief hiatus, Chapter 9 is up

It took me quite a long time to get this one out. Emotionally, it was exhausting to write. Without giving too much away, I'm anticipating that a lot of readers are going to be frustrated or upset by what happens.

All I want to say is that there's definitely an end game planned, and I hope that you all stick with Ezra and Henrik till the end. (And thank you for sticking with them so far.  :*) )

Edited by QuinnDK
  • Like 1

So, after a brief hiatus, Chapter 9 is up

It took me quite a long time to get this one out. Emotionally, it was exhausting to write. Without giving too much away, I'm anticipating that a lot of readers are going to be frustrated or upset by what happens.

All I want to say is that there's definitely an end game planned, and I hope that you all stick with Ezra and Henrik till the end. (And thank you for sticking with them so far.  :*) )

And I was one of the ones having a minor tantrum in my review. :o It really made my day to know another chapter had been posted.

The rush to like and review late yesterday evening (my time) was astonishing and I hope it makes you feel the hard slog was worth it ... :yes: Many people appreciate your writing even though some (including me!) may feel like jumping up and down in frustration with where you left it.  :2thumbs:

• Like 1

And I was one of the ones having a minor tantrum in my review. :o It really made my day to know another chapter had been posted.

The rush to like and review late yesterday evening (my time) was astonishing and I hope it makes you feel the hard slog was worth it ... :yes: Many people appreciate your writing even though some (including me!) may feel like jumping up and down in frustration with where you left it.  :2thumbs:

I absolutely consider it a compliment that people have been so invested in the story that they can respond as passionately as they have. You guys are really savvy readers, and the feedback I've gotten has been so smart and thoughtful. 

Henrik and Ezra are both human, they make mistakes and say things they shouldn't say. Henrik's being put under tremendous pressure and he's still a rookie when it comes to relationships. Conflict between the two of them was inevitable. It's not easy to read (and it wasn't easy to write) but it's necessary, in my opinion. If things come too easy for your romantic leads, the ending wont feel earned. 

(Whatever that ending may be, I mean...  :ph34r: )

• Like 2

Henrik and Ezra are both human, they make mistakes and say things they shouldn't say. Henrik's being put under tremendous pressure and he's still a rookie when it comes to relationships. Conflict between the two of them was inevitable. It's not easy to read (and it wasn't easy to write) but it's necessary, in my opinion. If things come too easy for your romantic leads, the ending wont feel earned. 

(Whatever that ending may be, I mean...  :ph34r: )

And the conflict grew convincingly out of what had happened and who the characters were. No wtf moment when a plot twist comes out of nowhere and I start wondering why I'm reading the story at all.

Did you say anything about the end :whistle: my lips are sealed :X

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator

I think the press conference is going to be key. I'd give it a roughly 50% chance that Henrik will say something dramatic, in one way or another. What I'd like him to do is to apologise unreservedly to his fans, his teammates, and the club, and to explicitly not apologise to the media. I see this Twitter campaign starting (probably by Xavier) with the hashtag #RespectHisPrivacy where the media is told to back off any let him have a relationship without their obnoxious intrusion.

Just dreaming, I know... :D

Personally, because I like over-the-top melodramatics (even though this is totally unrealistic given the characters), I'd like to see Henrik make a statement that the media is forcing him to choose between playing the game he loves and having a relationship. Everyone else in the NHL is allowed to have both, but the media behaviour that day shows that Henrik, as the only openly gay athlete in the NHL, isn't allowed the same. The melodramatic part (driven by Ezra's response the media request from New York) is to say that if he has to choose, he'll choose the relationship and walk away from the NHL. He won't say that in a media conference (I don't believe it's in his character), but I can fantasize about the reaction, can't I? 0:)

• Like 4

I think the press conference is going to be key. I'd give it a roughly 50% chance that Henrik will say something dramatic, in one way or another. What I'd like him to do is to apologise unreservedly to his fans, his teammates, and the club, and to explicitly not apologise to the media. I see this Twitter campaign starting (probably by Xavier) with the hashtag #RespectHisPrivacy where the media is told to back off any let him have a relationship without their obnoxious intrusion.

Yes, I agree with this. I just hope that Ezra has the sense to stay away or at least, not be visible. I can't see Henrik walking away from his career - I think he would regret this and it would probably poison whatever relationship he developed with Ezra.

We'll see ... :*)

• Like 2
  • Site Administrator

We're still waiting to find out what happens, but I did notice that the flashcard apology he was given looks a lot like the one that I though he should give. He just needs to drop the part about "none of this should have happened" and add "However, I do not apologize to the media for the intrusion into my private life. I will, in future, find a better way to indicate my disgust at how low certain portions of the media can sink, but I do not apologize for what I did." :D

• Like 4

Wow! You're on fire. Maybe it was the prospect of continuing to torture your long-suffering readers which inspired you? :devil::P

I so identified with Ezra at the crucial point: hesitation, being tongue-tied, opportunity lost. :(

We're still waiting to find out what happens, but I did notice that the flashcard apology he was given looks a lot like the one that I though he should give. He just needs to drop the part about "none of this should have happened" and add "However, I do not apologize to the media for the intrusion into my private life. I will, in future, find a better way to indicate my disgust at how low certain portions of the media can sink, but I do not apologize for what I did." :D

I'm not sure Henrik is capable of such life-changing off-the-cuff speaking. But it's difficult to see how else the situation could be resolved.

Back to you, Quinn! Don't let us down ... :P

• Like 2

As many of you already know, Chapter 10 is out.

I wish I could respond to the feedback I've been getting but I fear I'll risk spoiling everyone. I'm just very grateful so many people have been along for the ride, and that (hopefully!) you're all gonna stick to the landing with me. 

Henrik sends his love:

tumblr_n0i7pjRJWi1qdbe91o4_250.gif

Edited by QuinnDK
  • Like 2
  • Site Administrator

I wish I could respond to the feedback I've been getting but I fear I'll risk spoiling everyone. I'm just very grateful so many people have been along for the ride, and that (hopefully!) you're all gonna stick to the landing with me.

Er...that final comment made it sound like this is gymnastics. I thought it was ice hockey... :unsure::blink:

I'm waiting for the ending and, being a romantic, I'm hoping for a happy one. I don't mind that you can't respond without giving away spoilers -- I wouldn't want you to do that. Just keep writing :D

• Like 1

Er...that final comment made it sound like this is gymnastics. I thought it was ice hockey... :unsure::blink:

I'm waiting for the ending and, being a romantic, I'm hoping for a happy one. I don't mind that you can't respond without giving away spoilers -- I wouldn't want you to do that. Just keep writing :D

Hey, maybe I'm hinting at the sequel - Ezra takes up gymnastics!  :P