Open Club  ·  280 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

Cap Body Count

I'm wondering how many people I've killed off in each of the Chronicles stories.  Anyone up for a research project?  If you guys do this for me, I'll tell you what the body count will be when Black Widow is done. :devil:

• Like 1

Well now, this begs a question: Offed naturally (AIDS, more or less other natural causes), "gently assisted""(Jeff), or put out their miserable existence via more violent means?

• Like 1

I would think it entails all named characters, regardless of method of demise. As such I would include the fireman that Carullo was involved with, but not the thousands of un-named people who died on 9-11. That days total should remain at 4, Carullo's boyfriend, Robbie, Hank and Janine.

• Like 2

I would think it entails all named characters, regardless of method of demise. As such I would include the fireman that Carullo was involved with, but not the thousands of un-named people who died on 9-11. That days total should remain at 4, Carullo's boyfriend, Robbie, Hank and Janine.

Exactly. I think Aaron Hayes dies as well, no?

• Like 1

Holy crap Mark (that's Mark with an M) :P

Does this also include every single character and relative that died off print?

Tonto? JP's parents and grand parents?

Bill Hendrickson? (Brian Parnel and JP's bio father)

Abe and Vella? JP's maid/cook/driver in Chicago.

Mark Clark (does that count?)

And no 9/11 total is 5. You forgot Jeff Danfield.

• Like 1

Holy crap Mark (that's Mark with an M) :P

Does this also include every single character and relative that died off print?

Tonto? JP's parents and grand parents?

Bill Hendrickson? (Brian Parnel and JP's bio father)

Abe and Vella? JP's maid/cook/driver in Chicago.

Mark Clark (does that count?)

And no 9/11 total is 5. You forgot Jeff Danfield.

No, only in print during a story.  

Right on the Senator.  

• Like 1

Marie Crampton died in print during Man In Motion of cancer. There should be a big death count for Man In Motion because of the AIDS epidemic- Mark wanted to mimic what people said about how the deaths seemed to crest in 1985-1986.

Tonto died off print, sometime between A Summer Love and If It Fits, as by that point she was edging toward her 90's. Not sure what happened to the rest of the JP parental generation, or Gen 1. (If you consider JP Gen 2.)  I'm assuming they all lived out their lives naturally.

Mouse died off-print somewhere between Man In Motion and A Summer Love. Poor guy.

• Like 1

Mouse died off-print somewhere between Man In Motion and A Summer Love. Poor guy.

Are we really not going to count Mouse? That seems so wrong as Mark clearly killed him off. :unsure: Maybe between-book deaths could be counted as belonging to the books in which they're first mentioned? So Mouse's would be in A Summer Love.

Edited by impunity
  • Like 2

Are JP's father(s) still alive? Pa Crampton and Bill Hendrickson? I would assume they aren't, because they would have to be 100 years old at least at this point, but I don't remember how they died. I'm assuming just old age.

That's why I'm kind of with Mark that we should stick to in-print death mentions.

• Like 1

I'm fine with leaving out assumed deaths from old age. But Mouse was young and died a horrible death as part of a major plot point. I'd count him as a killed-off character.

Besides, for a death like Aaron Hayes', we don't know when he actually died on that remote island. We only know when Stef got a letter about it and told Will. It's pretty much the same thing.

Edited by impunity
  • Like 1

Remember Paris? ........................... the murder... Neil... accomplice

Of course, Brian...                                     .................................JJ's coach..............

Does the pretend death of Lark/Scott count? :P

Edited by Headstall

Did we forget Billy Clair's twin? and the other person in the car? Of all the people who Mark has killed off the one I miss the most, you would think would be Robbie or even Jeff Hayes, no it is Tonto she was a wonderful character. I wish she would have seen the person Will is becoming. Some people don't like him, but over the last number of books, we see his many acts of kindness to friends, family and even to strangers. His spending spree was not for himself but for others, his father, and brothers and sister and cousins and for JP. Tonto would be proud of him.  I know I am. Sorry for the emotion but I just got done rereading the whole saga again.

• Like 2

Did we forget Billy Clair's twin? and the other person in the car? Of all the people who Mark has killed off the one I miss the most, you would think would be Robbie or even Jeff Hayes, no it is Tonto she was a wonderful character. I wish she would have seen the person Will is becoming. Some people don't like him, but over the last number of books, we see his many acts of kindness to friends, family and even to strangers. His spending spree was not for himself but for others, his father, and brothers and sister and cousins and for JP. Tonto would be proud of him.  I know I am. Sorry for the emotion but I just got done rereading the whole saga again.

Even worse than Jeff's death, was the spiral downward into drugs. I had a hard time with how he changed. Watching him turn from this amazing guy to a frustratingly weak shell of himself... well, it broke my heart... his death was almost a relief by the time it came... at least he wasn't alone.... That whole sequence is something I choose not to revisit... after all these years, it still lives, and it still hurts....

• Like 2

Death count in Bloodlines : Either 15 or Zero. Depends on if Mark is going to count the Columbine Shooting as "in print" deaths.

Don't forget Matthew Shepherd. We did have Matt actually interact with him.

But I won't count the Columbine shooting because we didn't actually meet the people involved. And of course, we're not counting the total 9/11 death count. It needs to be name characters(or real people) we actually interacted with.

Don't forget Matthew Shepherd. We did have Matt actually interact with him.

But I won't count the Columbine shooting because we didn't actually meet the people involved. And of course, we're not counting the total 9/11 death count. It needs to be name characters(or real people) we actually interacted with.

Actually, does it have to be a character Mark killed off? For example, Matthew Shepherd was a real person whose death Mark incorporated into the story, but Mark (as the author) didn't determine that he would die.

Actually, does it have to be a character Mark killed off? For example, Matthew Shepherd was a real person whose death Mark incorporated into the story, but Mark (as the author) didn't determine that he would die.

Ooh, that's a good point.

I think you're right. Which would also play into the Columbine shooting question, as well as the victims of the Concorde crash.

He has taken real events and had people die in them, like the maritime accident that killed Andre and Brad's adopted father, and of course 9/11. So I would say the fictional characters he's chose to kill off would count, but not actual people who died in the actual events that Mark decided to include.

• Like 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..