R.i.p. Muhammad Ali

He rubbed some people the wrong way, he was loud, brash, and sometimes arrogant.  He had his faults, but don't we all?  One thing that you can't deny is his ability in the boxing ring.  He was quick, powerful, and fought with his head (eg. rope-a-dope), not just with his fists.  The world has lost a truly great athlete and it's a shame that he spent his final days battling Parkinson's Disease.  

• Like 5

There is so much one could say about this man. I for one will never forget him. 2 videos for you! The first a song. The last, a parting shot, from a man who told it like he saw it.

R.I.P. Muhammad Ali

Sandrewn

Edited by sandrewn
  • Like 2

Tonight's TV news had just one story. Never known that happen before. Ali was adored in the UK, even though he defeated our own Sir Henry Cooper - but only after 'enry had floored Ali and nearly knocked him out :P He was witty and intelligent, he did important work outside the ring for civil rights and he wrote his own epitaph - The Greatest :)

• Like 2
  • Site Administrator

He inspired a generation. There weren't many names more recognisable than Muhammad Ali when I was growing up.

• Like 1

Tonight's TV news had just one story. Never known that happen before. Ali was adored in the UK, even though he defeated our own Sir Henry Cooper - but only after 'enry had floored Ali and nearly knocked him out :P He was witty and intelligent, he did important work outside the ring for civil rights and he wrote his own epitaph - The Greatest :)

Yeah, Henry Cooper was also a great boxer and a really nice bloke. I had the pleasure of meeting 'enry a few years ago in the UK before his death. I felt bad afterwards because despite all his great achievements in boxing, all I wanted to talk about, were the two fights that he lost to Ali. He didn't seem to mind too much; a true gent and Ali of course a true legend. 

• Like 2