W.a.r. By Jeff Wilson (Jkwsquirrel)

6 minutes ago, JayT said:

What happened to the pills?

I knew this would come up! And since that storyline is pretty much over, I can tell you exactly what happened!

Brett stole them.

JUST KIDDING!!!!!!! That would definitely not be the end of the storyline! No, what many people have suggested is exactly what I had in mind; Billy just lost the damn things. Billy is kind of a teenage slob. He leaves clothes on the floor for days and sometimes picks up a shirt and wears it again if it doesn't smell too bad.  (As demonstrated in 3.6 - I'm Just a Kid)I'd guess Billy's suitcase sat somewhere in his room for days and days smelling worse and worse until Paula finally emptied it out into the washer.  Paula knows her way around Billy's bedroom, even going through his underwear drawer.  So, she found the pills and put them in the last place Billy would ever find them - in the medicine cabinet.

Of course, the real story of the pills was the whole trust issue between the boys.  Billy had to accept and believe Brett's story by trust, not by scientific proof.  If Billy had found the pills and then told Brett he believed him, then he wouldn't have grown from it.  He needed to believe Brett was telling the truth only because Brett asked him to believe him.  That was much harder for him to do.

(Okay, I tried the one-space thing between sentences and it lasted about half a paragraph.)

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, jkwsquirrel said:

I knew this would come up! And since that storyline is pretty much over, I can tell you exactly what happened!

Brett stole them.

JUST KIDDING!!!!!!! That would definitely not be the end of the storyline! No, what many people have suggested is exactly what I had in mind; Billy just lost the damn things. Billy is kind of a teenage slob. He leaves clothes on the floor for days and sometimes picks up a shirt and wears it again if it doesn't smell too bad.  (As demonstrated in 3.6 - I'm Just a Kid)I'd guess Billy's suitcase sat somewhere in his room for days and days smelling worse and worse until Paula finally emptied it out into the washer.  Paula knows her way around Billy's bedroom, even going through his underwear drawer.  So, she found the pills and put them in the last place Billy would ever find them - in the medicine cabinet.

Of course, the real story of the pills was the whole trust issue between the boys.  Billy had to accept and believe Brett's story by trust, not by scientific proof.  If Billy had found the pills and then told Brett he believed him, then he wouldn't have grown from it.  He needed to believe Brett was telling the truth only because Brett asked him to believe him.  That was much harder for him to do.

(Okay, I tried the one-space thing between sentences and it lasted about half a paragraph.)

:( I wanted the little shit to have taken them and Billy get with the one who loves him more than life itself (Dustin)...who cares if it would be toxic...Billy and Dustin were in love with each other from the beginning....Billy still hasn't told Brett that him and Dustin messed around after they started dating has he?

• Like 2
1 minute ago, JayT said:

Billy still hasn't told Brett that him and Dustin messed around after they started dating has he?

Nope.  But then, they weren't officially an official couple until Brett came back from New York.  Sad thing is, Billy could have told Brett about the mutual stroking and Brett, while he wouldn't have been happy about it, would have understood.  He would have blamed Dustin, not Billy.  Billy creates his own problems.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, jkwsquirrel said:

Nope.  But then, they weren't officially an official couple until Brett came back from New York.  Sad thing is, Billy could have told Brett about the mutual stroking and Brett, while he wouldn't have been happy about it, would have understood.  He would have blamed Dustin, not Billy.  Billy creates his own problems.

I have a feeling this might come up in Retaliation....I can almost see it....Brett pushes Dustin's buttons to the point where Dustin tells him what happened trying to hurt Brett....

• Like 3

HONESTY TIME********

I don't like Brett because it's too much like looking into a mirror. Except I did too well (Billy well) in school.

Edited by JayT
  • Like 2
Just now, JayT said:

HONESTY TIME********

I don't like Brett because it's too much like looking into a mirror.

I can relate to that!  Sometimes my writing is just me trying to work through my issues in a healthier way.  There's a little of me in all of the characters.  The whole theme of being one's own worst enemy and making things more difficult for your own self is a lesson I am still learning how to handle more appropriately.

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, jkwsquirrel said:

I can relate to that!  Sometimes my writing is just me trying to work through my issues in a healthier way.  There's a little of me in all of the characters.  The whole theme of being one's own worst enemy and making things more difficult for your own self is a lesson I am still learning how to handle more appropriately.

My ADHD is adult on-set ADHD caused by PTSD (I was jumped by 5 guys from my dorm in broad daylight at Texas A&M in 1995/96) Both the PTSD and ADHD  went undiagnosed until 2003. By that point I was self-medicating with meth....had been since 1998. That's the one part of your story that I had problems with...if Brett is ADHD, he would need a stimulant to control that, weed wouldn't help with that aspect I can totally understand you not wanting to go to the hard drug topic and sticking to weed since most people wouldn't take issue with that, but I know from experience that weed might calm his body down, but his mind would still be ADHD, 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, JayT said:

My ADHD is adult on-set ADHD caused by PTSD (I was jumped by 5 guys from my dorm in broad daylight at Texas A&M in 1995/96) Both the PTSD and ADHD  went undiagnosed until 2003. By that point I was self-medicating with meth....had been since 1998. That's the one part of your story that I had problems with...if Brett is ADHD, he would need a stimulant to control that, weed wouldn't help with that aspect I can totally understand you not wanting to go to the hard drug topic and sticking to weed since most people wouldn't take issue with that, but I know from experience that weed might calm his body down, but his mind would still be ADHD, 

Wow, that's terrible what happened to you!  My ADHD issues are much more subdued, but it's been a life-long thing for me so I developed coping mechanisms to deal with it.  The best thing that ever happened to me was my phone calendar that tells me where to be and when to be there.  Now I can actually be on time for things and not go into shut-down mode when I'm overwhelmed.

You're right about the drug issue in the story.  Even Brett smoking pot was pushing the envelope with some readers.  Something stronger would have been too much, and really Brett was just experimenting.  Even the pain pill he took from Billy was a last resort.  Brett's real drug of choice is Mountain Dew, which he says calms him down.

• Like 2
Just now, jkwsquirrel said:

Wow, that's terrible what happened to you!  My ADHD issues are much more subdued, but it's been a life-long thing for me so I developed coping mechanisms to deal with it.  The best thing that ever happened to me was my phone calendar that tells me where to be and when to be there.  Now I can actually be on time for things and not go into shut-down mode when I'm overwhelmed.

You're right about the drug issue in the story.  Even Brett smoking pot was pushing the envelope with some readers.  Something stronger would have been too much, and really Brett was just experimenting.  Even the pain pill he took from Billy was a last resort.  Brett's real drug of choice is Mountain Dew, which he says calms him down.

And as we both know....it does! I can drink caffeine all day long and sleep like a baby...deny me caffeine and I'll be up all night because I can't stop my brain from thinking

• Like 2
On ‎5‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 11:55 AM, JayT said:

And as we both know....it does! I can drink caffeine all day long and sleep like a baby...deny me caffeine and I'll be up all night because I can't stop my brain from thinking

Yep.  I stopped drinking Mt. Dew two weeks ago because my kidneys were being cranky and I've had more trouble sleeping than I've had in years.  I think impulsive, reckless behavior seems to be the coping mechanism that snags a lot of us.  For some, it's drug and alcohol issues.    Whatever gives you that high.  But then there's the crash.  So you go looking for the high again.  Lather, rinse, repeat. 

Edited by jkwsquirrel
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, jkwsquirrel said:

Yep.  I stopped drinking Mt. Dew two weeks ago because my kidneys were being cranky and I've had more trouble sleeping than I've had in years.  I think impulsive, reckless behavior seems to be the coping mechanism that snags a lot of us.  For some, it's drug and alcohol issues.  For me it's sex.  Whatever gives you that high.  But then there's the crash.  So you go looking for the high again.  Lather, rinse, repeat. 

yup I know what you mean...when it wasn't the drugs I sought, it was cock lol 

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, JayT said:

yup I know what you mean...when it wasn't the drugs I sought, it was cock lol 

I guess the irony is you can hide yourself so deeply when you're the most exposed and naked.  Boy, that's deep!  I gotta find a way to use that in a story!

• Like 2

I guess the irony is you can hide yourself so deeply when you're the most exposed and naked.  Boy, that's deep!  I gotta find a way to use that in a story!

you should totally put that as your signature on here

• Like 2

I guess that beats the "Fuck you - I won't do what you tell me." I used to use way back in the day.

Wow that is so totally Brett......right up there with the number one hit My Mom's A Cunt

• Like 2

TWO WEEKS TO GO!

Yeah, I'm getting excited.  I hope you are too!

Here's your Retaliation Quote of the Day:  

“I guess you’re at that age when you’ve started to realize that people your parents’ age had lives before you were born, eh?"

Now who do you suppose said that?

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, jkwsquirrel said:

TWO WEEKS TO GO!

Yeah, I'm getting excited.  I hope you are too!

Here's your Retaliation Quote of the Day:  

“I guess you’re at that age when you’ve started to realize that people your parents’ age had lives before you were born, eh?"

Now who do you suppose said that?

I would say: Dustin's bf. I can't recall his name right now. Was it Mike?

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Freerider said:

I would say: Dustin's bf. I can't recall his name right now. Was it Mike?

Good guess, and while Mike will play a pivotal role in Retaliation, he's not the source of the quote!  :*)

• Like 2
1 hour ago, jkwsquirrel said:

I’m guessing Billy’s Dad! (Although I would have expected it to end in ‘eh, Boy?’)

22 minutes ago, droughtquake said:

I’m guessing Billy’s Dad! (Although I would have expected it to end in ‘eh, Boy?’)

A very good guess!  George will have a huge role in Retaliation, maybe his most significant role in the entire story. But not the source of the quote!

• Like 2
26 minutes ago, droughtquake said:

Sounds like something he'd say, but I'm thinking it's the guy George works with (I forget his name).

If I'm allowed to have two guesses, that also sounds like the kind of thing Brett would say.

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, Shadow086 said:

Sounds like something he'd say, but I'm thinking it's the guy George works with (I forget his name).

If I'm allowed to have two guesses, that also sounds like the kind of thing Brett would say.

Ed Nicholson!  Oh, that's a good guess, but Ed won't play much of a role in Retaliation.

As for Brett, well, he's the deuteragonist, so you know he'll be involved in things.  But he won't say the quote above.

Oh this is fun!  :D

• Like 1

I'll leave this up to others, but I'm starting to question the assumption that whoever said that quote was talking to Billy.

Heck, just for fun, I'm going to say the quote is from Billy himself.

• Like 2