W.a.r. By Jeff Wilson (Jkwsquirrel)

3 minutes ago, JayT said:

I'm thinking daddy

there was no comma in the original posting mister... ;) But consider this Joey was one of Billy's best friends, he probably knows that Brett is his cousin, so the incest taboo of loving your cousin eliminates him. What if Joey was in love with Billy and is pissed and jealous that he's with Brett? Brett is family and obviously family means a lot to Joey....who better to get take out the jealous anger on than the one who caused it?

• Like 2

Also, remember at the end of last school year, Joey was actually nice to Billy and the old friendship came through for half a second

• Like 1
1 minute ago, JayT said:

Also, remember at the end of last school year, Joey was actually nice to Billy and the old friendship came through for half a second

I must be approaching senility. I can’t remember that much about the end of the last school year…  ;-)

3 minutes ago, droughtquake said:

My other excuse is that I’m following too many stories simultaneously…  ;-)

Joey smiled at me and wiped his eyes.  “I know.  I guess I have been a real jerk lately.  I wish we were still friends, too.  I’m sorry, Billy.  I’m sorry for everything!  God, my dad is totally going to kill me when he finds out…  I don’t know why I’ve been acting like a douche.  I know you’re not gay.  I don’t know why I did all those things to you.”

That's from The Broken Boy

Edited by JayT
  • Like 2
Just now, droughtquake said:

Is Joey saying that because he’s a closeted bisexual or Gay teen who is trying to deny his orientation and thought that everyone else feels the same way?

that's what I'm beginning to think.

• Like 3

I don't know what's going on with Joey, but there's something big we don't know.  I don't think he's secretly in love with Billy, though, that would just make him Dustin without the shitty home life (as far as we know).  That's the same reason I don't think

Spoiler

Jack is abusing him.  The minister, on the other hand...  He comes down the hallway, and Billy walks down the same hallway to find Joey crying in the bathroom.  I don't think that's a coincidence.

And as I said in the chapter comments, that would explain his attitude towards Billy.  If that's the case, I can't really hate him for acting the way he is.

As for Carol, her reaction is understandable.  No one wants to believe their loved ones would do something so horrible, so she ignored all the signs.  But her reasoning makes no sense.  If Mike was a child molester (which he technically is) and wanted to rape Dustin, why use a broomstick?  Mike would've just fucked him instead.  I don't know how their fight will end, but with Frank out of the picture I think the abuse will stop.  Carol has been rationalising the abuse as 'toughening him up', but she flipped out once Dustin was in serious danger.  If she really was that horrible she probably wouldn't have cared.  I think Dustin's safe from the abuse.  Besides, there's going to be enough Dustin drama as he deals with the aftermath.  He's probably in the same mental state Billy was in near the end of The Broken Boy.

Wow, I really read too much into this story.

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, jkwsquirrel said:

Well, 2 o'clock, but close enough.  :)

It was 11pm PDT for me! You just had to be in someplace like Denver or Salt Lake City for it to have been midnight…

Edited by Former Member
  • 2 weeks later...

A lot of talk on the site lately about what we'd like to see here that's not here, or ways to improve the site.  Things like that.  It's an interesting conversation.  As for me, I enjoy the site as it is.  It works well.  The ads are minimal and not invasive.  I never got into chatting, so I don't miss that.  Allowing multiple comments on the stories sometimes generates conversation between readers that wouldn't have been possible under the review system.  So I think things are going pretty well!  My only complaint is the way the quoting system works.  I tend to wait for things to die down on my chapters before responding as I found that when I respond too quickly I tend to kill the conversation, and I don't want to do that!  I end up with this block of my own responses at the bottom of my chapters.  I don't know, with my ADD brain I just find them hard to follow.  Maybe if the responses were aligned with the original post it would be easier.  But that's a minor issue.

Anyway, overall, I couldn't be happier here.  I get a much more robust response here than at nifty.  And that's what I enjoy most, the interaction with and between readers that is possible here.  I can answer emails all day, but there's no interaction between fellow readers.  This site allows that conversation to take place.  Also, I'm not at all interested in publishing for money, so that's no problem either.  If a site's willing to publish my stuff, I'm grateful!  I'm an amateur and I like it that way.  (So when I write something that sucks, at least you didn't pay for it, right?) :)  My payment is comments, and also likes, but I value comments more highly than likes because of the higher level of engagement.  I write because I enjoy it, and I like taking people for a ride on an adventure together.  The interaction helps me to grow as a writer and as a person.  This site helps me to do that, and I 'm very grateful for the folks behind the scenes that make it possible.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, glennish said:

It's Thursday again.  Dustin has been a bloody mess in the woods for a week now. Can't wait for the next chapter.  Looking forward to it tonight please. 🤞 

Be careful what you wish for!

It is possible for people to take revenge from the grave, you know.

Though I am convinced Justin will be ok in the end ;)

Edited by Freerider
  • Like 3
3 hours ago, Freerider said:

Though I am convinced Justin will be ok in the end ;)

I believe the same thing. Just worried about who the revenge is on.   Hopefully asshole parents and not B&B. 

Edited by glennish
  • Like 2
7 hours ago, jkwsquirrel said:

Ask and you will receive!  The latest chapter is up!

@jkwsquirrel can we have the next chapter tonight, please? :P

Seriously though, it's getting harder and harder to wait a whole week for the next chapter.

Part of me to read this again from Book 1, but parts of it are hard to read (mostly the ones about Dustin) so I'm not decided yet.  Congratulations on crafting such a wonderful story.

• Like 4