I know I'm rarely to be seen round these parts, but I can't resist sharing a piece I was playing in this time last week. Britten's Violin concerto was new territory for me, for all I do enjoy his music. It is wonderful, and the final few minutes are magical.

• Like 2
10 hours ago, northie said:

I know I'm rarely to be seen round these parts, but I can't resist sharing a piece I was playing in this time last week. Britten's Violin concerto was new territory for me, for all I do enjoy his music. It is wonderful, and the final few minutes are magical.

Thanks for posting this. The music is more inviting than I was anticipating :) 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

@Lux Apollo :) I don't know anything about this composer (but I'm thinking you might). I've listened a few times, and as always, Plentev's performance is captivating. The poster of the vid did not mention the name of the orchestra, but they are also very good! Perhaps it's a Russian ensemble. 

Tsfasman - Jazz-Suita

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Hope I've done this right....

Karl Jenkins, I love 'The Armed Man' and this track is probably one of the best on that. However he is very much alive, so as I am heavily into electronic music I will add Isao Tomita and one of his many adaptations of classics.

Edited by Azorf
  • Like 3
11 minutes ago, Azorf said:

However he is very much alive

Non-dead composers are allowed as well. ;) Welcome.  :) Don't think we've had any Karl Jenkins before. The Armed Man is a hugely popular work in the UK, and this movement shows why. Thanks. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't know if I posted this already, but two years before Emanuel Schikaneder and Mozart collaborated to bring The Magic Flute to the stage, the impresario did a project with one of the leading figures of Viennese music at the time, Paul Wranitzky. 

Here is the overture to his incredibly charming fairy tale opera, Oberon - King of the Elves, 1789  

Edited by AC Benus
  • Like 1