Everything Olympics

All the Brazilian Beach Volleyball teams are fun to watch! Although at the expense of Americans losing those matches.. but mercy, they are sooo explosive and good. I would hate to see them on the other side of the net for sure.

What is the geological origin of the hills and islands around Rio? As far as I can remember, there isn't a major fault line running nearby. Are they of ancient volcanic origin?

According to this site:

The harbor is the result of a great mountain chain (Serra do Mar) meeting the sea. This set of gneiss and granite stone peaks runs for 1,500 miles along the coast of South America. It is the interaction of the softer gneiss rock with that of the harder granite at the harbor that gives the mountains their spectacular shapes. Wind, rain and ocean waves erode away the malleable gneiss where it has no protective layer of tough granite on top, creating the many steep cliffs and deep valleys.

This French pole vaulter Renault Lavillenie just gripped me. The image of him crying on the podium during a moment that, despite not getting the gold, was supposed to be a happy occasion is so sad. And Brazil won the gold! Why did the audience have to behave like that?

http://m.bbc.com/sport/olympics/37104031

The audience was also very derogatory towards the female goalkeeper of the Swedish soccer team. Very unsportsmanlike. (If that is a word...?)

Congratulations to Italian Swimmer, Rachele Bruni (who dedicated her medal to her 'beloved' [her girlfriend] and was not included in the count until now): Silver for 10km!

This is Team LGBT's third Silver and sixth Medal!

(I think my count is now around 52, but I'll have to confirm that.)

• Site Administrator

Interesting News from Rio, I think we were expecting it based on the stories of crime and poverty:

4 US Olympians were robbed including Ryan Lochte by fake police in Rio

Luckily none of them were hurt and no one tried to kidnap them, but could you imagine an Olympic hostage situation? What if Phelps was among them (he's like a national treasure now) ?

It appears that the swimmers may have made a false report. According to the latest reports, they may have lied to covered up an incident at a petrol station.

Okay! Combining Outsports and Advocate lists gives me 56 Olympians!

Argentina: 1

Australia: 1

Brazil: 6

Canada: 4

Finland: 1

France: 2

GB: 9

Germany: 2

India: 1

Italy: 1

Netherlands: 10!

New Zealand: 3

South Africa: 2

Sweden: 4
Tonga: 1

US: 8

And overwhelmingly women! (Lesbians are braver, but Gay men always try to shove their way into running all of our organizations.)

Okay! Combining Outsports and Advocate lists gives me 56 Olympians!

Argentina: 1

Australia: 1

Brazil: 6

Canada: 4

Finland: 1

France: 2

GB: 9

Germany: 2

India: 1

Italy: 1

Netherlands: 10!

New Zealand: 3

South Africa: 2

Sweden: 4

Tonga: 1

US: 8

And overwhelmingly women! (Lesbians are braver, but Gay men always try to shove their way into running all of our organizations.)

Well, I'd follow tom anywhere like he has my pokeball :

tom-daley-shows-off-ripped-body-after-wi

• Like 1

I personally prefer the blond Finn! But the Brit is already taken in any case.

I know, I am glad he found a great guy, too. (I am jealous of course, ut so are a million boys :lol: )

As for the blond finn:

DSC7455.jpg

Let's be completely honest, we watch the Olympics in addition to our favorite sports for cute boys, or girls if that is what you prefer, of all body types.

Probably not, but not for that reason. NBC's coverage has been very sporadic at best. That is why I watch Live Feeds of the sports of interest. Very sweet picture and congratulations to them. :D

As for my coverage...

Matt Anderson - Men's Indoor Volleyball has a new fan... mercy. :D

I actually thought the Americans would be more dominate in Volleyball and Swimming, but they're a bit hit and miss in Swimming and very lack luster in Indoor Volleyball. The Men may not even qualify out of Pool Play.

I really enjoyed the Synchronized diving as well. I watched the live feed for that and some of the Cross Country Equestrian, but I couldn't stomach watching the horses crashing, they crash hard.. shew. So I had to stop that feed. Not sure what I'll watch later, I'm really wanting to get into Track and Field stuff. :D

If you're not Michael Phelps or Simone Biles, nobody gets covered.

NBC just broadcast (PDT) a report in Tom Daley's own voice about his father's death and partnership with Dustin Lance Black. They must have had this prerecorded before he won the Bronze in Synchronized 10m Platform Diving.

And they just identified Lance in the audience. Someone in charge must have realized that the earlier criticism was justified.

Usain Bolt is one of the rare non-Americans who get intensely focused attention paid to their performances on NBC.

Edited by Former Member

Suddenly Team LGBT has 18 23* medals!

Three Gold Medals, ten Silver Medals, and four Bronze Medals!

Congratulations to all!

*by my count, as Outsport hasn't updated the first article yet and there are other medals to be awarded today.

Edited by Former Member