Open Club  ·  280 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

An Update On My Life....

• Site Administrator

Mark, I'm sorry to hear this. I wish you all the best in getting well.

Myr

• Like 3
  • Site Administrator

Best wishes, Mark :hug: Health and other real-life issues will always have to take priority over writing. Just do your best and don't worry about us. :) Take care...

• Like 5

Mark, I am so sorry to hear about your diagnosis. I know from personal experience (fortunately in the distant past now) how not fun having cancer can be, and how it fucks with the rest of your life, including your libido. Everyone else has already said it but you definitely need to focus on yourself right now. Stories can wait. 

Love and hugs,

Nicky. 

PS: I'd offer naked pictures, but I doubt you'd want them.  :rolleyes:

Edited by impunity
  • Like 5

I'm so sorry to hear that you've been laid low by such a insidious illness. I hope that it's symptoms subside soon so that you can at least find a better quality of daily life for yourself. You deserve the best and we're all wishing it for you here!

• Like 4

I’ve had a few requests from readers to reappear and explain my long-ass absence, so that’s what I’m going to do.    I started out the summer with really ambitious intentions on all my life fronts, but that’s all been pretty shot to hell. 

So here’s what’s going on.  First off, I’ve been dealing with a lot of family shit.  You know, the fun things like sick parents, job changes (not mine, spouse’s), and that kind of stuff.  I feel like I’ve been living in one of my own soap operas, but without as much money. 

The big thing, though, that’s hammered me is my health.  I was diagnosed with Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia (CLL) back in May, and that’s seriously fucked with my head.   Shit, it took me a month to just remember how to spell ‘lymphocytic.’  In a way, this is just so typical of my roller-coaster ride of a life.  I get cancer, which is pretty awful, but I get one of the better kinds to get (such that that’s possible).  At this stage, the CLL could stay at pretty low levels and cause me limited problems, and the plan right now is to watch it and do nothing.  My doctor tells me that he’s had patients at my age and CLL levels that went 20 years and didn’t even need treatment.  So that’s good news. 

Only the limited problems are pretty crappy.  My most obvious symptom is fatigue, where I get tired out a lot easier than I should.  I’ve had to learn to pace myself a bit more.    But the worse problem is what this has done to my libido.  It’s like I have almost completely lost my sex drive.  It’s gotten to the point where I’m starting to think I’m asexual.  It’s weird, because things don’t always work like they’re supposed to, and quite frankly, it’s not that big of a deal. 

I could tell you all that the fatigue is what’s slowing down my writing, but in reality, it’s the libido deal.  It’s hard to write stories with a sexual/sensual/romantic tone when I’m not feeling those feelings at all. 

I’m hoping this is just something I have to work through, and that I’ll end up getting back to my old self, including writing again.  I’ve had a few moments of inspiration this summer, but they don’t last long.  We’ll see.  The bottom line is that I have no intention of abandoning the two sagas I’ve been working on, but until things change, progress will be painfully slow.

Hi Mark, thanks for this update.

You got dealt with a bad hand recently.

And unfortunately, negative aspects of real life can be somtimes so strong that it drains you of all energy. Yeah and can hit even more hard when it affects your libido.

For most guys that will leed to feeling worse.

Yep you probably need time to work these things through.

Maybe get your Testosteron leavels up somehow ! Or checked. :P

Just remember that song.

'Always look at the bright side of life'.

Again thanks for the update and I hope one day te read new stories from you here. :thankyou:

Love, hugs Andy G

• Like 2

I wish you all the best, I hope you will feel better. I joined this site following your stories, but I continue to stick around because of the people here. I'm with Kitt, it's the not knowing, what is upsetting, please drop by, when you can. Should it be with story updates, it's only better :-)

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...

Dear Mark,

I'm grateful to read that you're doing okay overall, but bummed that you have so much stuff to deal with at the moment. I know you'll get through it, but that doesn't make it fun! I've had a similar string of bad news and difficult events, so I have a bit of an idea how you might be feeling, but, of course, everyone's experience is their's alone.

Before I read this update, I was religiously checking to see if you had new updates, thinking about your characters at least once a day. Now I'll be thinking about you instead. Please know that I'm sending you a bunch of California new-age white light and good vibes, and surrounding you with a protective, healing energy -- with a few zaps of joy added in.  Hopefully, that'll do the trick!

Take care of yourself, and know you have scores of devoted readers and fans sending you love. I certainly am. 

xoxo

Clara

• Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..