23 hours ago, AugustusWaters said:

Speaking of pitchforks, when's the next chapter coming Dodger?

Just needs a little tweaking; which I'll do over the weekend. Should be posted within the next couple of days!

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think you should be proud of yourself and your writing skills, Dodger. You have managed to make your readers cry and rant and beg with the latest chapter. It was absolutely stunning, scary, heart-wrenching and felt completely real. :worship:

• Like 4

What worried me was "the rest is up to you" part.  Was that just because you didn't give a preview line as usual?  Or because reader reaction might affect what you do next?  Or just to provoke a response?  Well I'm responding haha.

Obviously I don't want this to be the end or for Robbie to have permenant damage.    But the unsettling thing is that I can see this as an ending in a true to life fashion.  

After all Robbie has been through - good and bad, dramatic and mundane - to end it like this would be downright painful.  However, for far too many young men and women, their stories do end here.  What might have been meant as an act of petty cruelty stemming from simple ignorance or bigotry can have massive repercussions beyond what even the perpetrators might have intended.

Being different in a high school can be one of the most dangerous things - your surrounded by teenagers - who by and large are ruled by impulse and emotion.  People whose brains are literally not complete but think they are.  Sure they might be "good kids" as Don (and almost every compliant adult) has said but they can't adequately judge the consequences of their actions and someone else has to pay the price.  

To any teens in the audience, no I'm not a bitter old dude complaining about "young people these days."  I was a teenager not too long ago and by my own admission, was just as bad as everyone else.

Anyways!  I'm wondering if Nicola spilled the beans.  Obviously she knew he was closeted what with having Nathan in his phone under an alias.  Her question of "why didn't you tell me" was a tad silly though.  They weren't what most people would call close and she didn't exactly make herself sound like the sort who could be entrusted with that information...

• Like 4
6 hours ago, Israfil said:

What worried me was "the rest is up to you" part.  Was that just because you didn't give a preview line as usual?  Or because reader reaction might affect what you do next?  Or just to provoke a response?

'The rest is up to you' was partly to provoke a response and partly because I couldn't think of a preview line that wouldn't have given away the story. I wanted to leave a bit of suspense but I didn't want to leave it blank in case people thought that the story was finished. Reader reaction does also affect the story and Robbie seems to have risen a little in the popularity stakes from his humble beginnings. Ending his life in this or the following chapter may have made me a few enemies on this site.

18 hours ago, Timothy M. said:

I think you should be proud of yourself and your writing skills, Dodger. You have managed to make your readers cry and rant and beg with the latest chapter. It was absolutely stunning, scary, heart-wrenching and felt completely real.

Thank you, Tim, this is the best compliment that I have ever had.:great: 

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Dodger said:

Reader reaction does also affect the story and Robbie seems to have risen a little in the popularity stakes from his humble beginnings. Ending his life in this or the following chapter may have made me a few enemies on this site.

Timmy dodges pitchforks and Finnish snipers when he allows too much time to lapse between chapters. Emperor-in-his-mind-only Drew might be invited to ‘encourage’ a more appropriate resolution to Robbie’s medical problems.

I too was a bit worried about the last line.  I am deeply invested in Robbie and his life.  It is never really easy or clear what a person can expect if they come out. I think it is even more that way to a teen.  Times have changed some, but high school is a scarry time to be different and others can be very cruel or understanding. The problem is you never know which and you only get one run at the finish line.  I know as a teen of the 70's and 80's there was no way in hell I would come out.  The shame in a small town would be unbearable.  I really hope Robbie is able to come out and put the fear and lies behind him.  Being outed is not right, so I hope Nicola does not do that to him.  I really hope she talks to him in private and shows him that he can have support even from an unlikely source.  Between Nicola and Nathan and now Rory a bit, mabe he can see the hope for the future.  We will see in future chapters how this plays out.  As our author seems to be a huge part of Robbie in real life, my hopes and support for both are endless.  Live the life that makes you happy.  I did not and am now paying the price................    YEA DODGER!!!!!!

• Like 5

"Meanwhile, the next chapter will be published in a few hours from now and Robbie's  future  will  be    revealed"

Still waiting its been  2 days its like waiting for a blue jays win .

Every morning for the last week i have been checking for a new chapter to find out what happens to Robbie .

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Timothy M. said:

The next Robbie chapter is posted. running-around-smiley-emoticon.gifrunning-around-smiley-emoticon.gif

ROBBIE'S  ALIVE  and the blue jays  won there last 2 games  what a great end to a long weekend

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, droughtquake said:

Why are you posting new chapters of ‘Robbie’? What have you done with Dodger? Something’s rotten in Denmark!  ;-)

You'll notice I didn't write it formally and include a link, like the author would do. But I simply had to share my joy at finally getting the next chapter. :yes: 

Actually, looking back over the topic, Dodger doesn't formally announce his chapters here. He probably knows the hungry birds will spot it immediately.

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 3

You'll notice I didn't write it formally and include a link, like the author would do.

You’re taking all the fun out of my rant! I think that smile on your avatar is just pasted on! In fact, your entire avatar looks like a cartoon! I don’t think you look like that at all!  ;-)

40 minutes ago, droughtquake said:

You’re taking all the fun out of my rant! I think that smile on your avatar is just pasted on! In fact, your entire avatar looks like a cartoon! I don’t think you look like that at all!  ;-)

Well,  I enjoyed your rant, but that doesn't mean I'll let you get away with it. :lol: 

I would have liked to used the Denmark figure from SATW, but the silly flag figure was the best I could do.

But you can see what the SATW Denmark looks like here: https://satwcomic.com/bath-time and https://satwcomic.com/what-are-you-looking-at

Edited by Timothy M.
18 minutes ago, Timothy M. said:

Well,  I enjoyed your rant, but that doesn't mean I'll let you get away with it. :lol: 

I would have liked to used the Denmark figure from SATW, but the silly flag figure was the best I could do.

But you can see what the SATW Denmark looks like here: https://satwcomic.com/bath-time and https://satwcomic.com/what-are-you-looking-at

So now you’re claiming to look like ‘Denny’?  ;-)

14 minutes ago, droughtquake said:

Read the comments in ‘What are you looking at?’ Someone referred to Brother Denmark as ‘Denny.’

Oh, right. I missed out on that. We'd need to subtract 30 or 40 years, though.

• Like 1

Oh, right. I missed out on that. We'd need to subtract 30 or 40 years, though.

Denny was described as looking like a child (although I though he looked like he was in his 20s). Subtracting 30-40 years from that puts him into the negatives!

13 minutes ago, droughtquake said:

Denny was described as looking like a child (although I though he looked like he was in his 20s). Subtracting 30-40 years from that puts him into the negatives!

LOL I meant you'd have to subtract those years from my age to make me look like him. ;) 

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Changed my profile photo just for Robbie after Arsenal won the FA cup

Hope he's not going to celebrate to much and hope Jamie got to watch the game

Edited by paul.b
  • Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2017-05-01 at 0:36 PM, Timothy M. said:

Actually, looking back over the topic, Dodger doesn't formally announce his chapters here. He probably knows the hungry birds will spot it immediately.

I am today Tim. Chapter 71 FIREWORKS will be posted soon.

• Like 4
  • 4 weeks later...