*Sneak Peek* A Little Taste Of My Next Story ...

• Site Moderator

I could be wrong, but I sense this scene is not taking place in our current world. Tasks and actions have me thinking of a bygone era, but I have a feeling that is not right..... I am intrigued. :)

• Like 1

Well you have me intrigued!  So far I like the characters... at least what I know of them. I look forward to knowing more about their history, how they met, why they are where they are, and who this gang is.  Great hook to draw us in, tim!

• Like 1

You've definitely drawn me in!  i look forward to reading it when you post.   :)

I hope you like it, Val .. it's different for me .. 

Looks very interesting, I'm looking forward to your release date and having a read through.

Thanks Hunter ... I hope you will enjoy it. 

I could be wrong, but I sense this scene is not taking place in our current world. Tasks and actions have me thinking of a bygone era, but I have a feeling that is not right..... I am intrigued. :)

I'm glad. Hope you enjoy the whole thing.... 

• Like 2

Oh boy! <rubs hands> Love it, tim, and look forward to more... they ride horses!! :)

They do .. i just hope i did them right.... otherwise I'm sure I'll be in trouble with you and Kitt and other horsey people.

This one doesn't so lighthearted as J&M. I'm curious.

No, this isn't lighthearted .. just life I think.

Well you have me intrigued!  So far I like the characters... at least what I know of them. I look forward to knowing more about their history, how they met, why they are where they are, and who this gang is.  Great hook to draw us in, tim!

:heart: sorry out of likes .. all that's in there LL .. hopefully all your questions will be answered 

Edited by Mikiesboy
  • Like 1

Brilliant. Not having any context is delightful - this could be a zombie tale (although I hope not ;) ), or a horror 'flick,' or just a simple tale of men escaping homophobia.... It savors of an historical or alt-reality time setting, and tastes dusty. I mean that in a great way; it instantly reminds me of Steinbeck . How great a compliment is that!!!

Love it.      

• Like 3

Brilliant. Not having any context is delightful - this could be a zombie tale (although I hope not ;) ), or a horror 'flick,' or just a simple tale of men escaping homophobia.... It savors of an historical or alt-reality time setting, and tastes dusty. I mean that in a great way; it instantly reminds me of Steinbeck . How great a compliment is that!!!

Love it.      

Wow AC, i love that ... it tastes dusty.  Steinbeck?  That's massive and I hope the rest of this lives up to it. Thanks very much.   

tim xo

• Like 1
  • Site Moderator

Love it.      

I confess, I don't know who Steinbeck is but I love that you think this "tastes dusty". I kind of think so too. :)

• Like 1

I confess, I don't know who Steinbeck is but I love that you think this "tastes dusty". I kind of think so too. :)

Reader!!  John Steinbeck .. The Grapes of Wrath, East of Eden. and my fav Of Mice and Men ... if you have not read him.... please please do. 

• Like 1
  • Site Moderator

Reader!!  John Steinbeck .. The Grapes of Wrath, East of Eden. and my fav Of Mice and Men ... if you have not read him.... please please do. 

:*) Does it help that I know all the titles you've mentioned? Course, I haven't read any of them...I'm guessing I should......

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator

:*) Does it help that I know all the titles you've mentioned? Course, I haven't read any of them...I'm guessing I should......

Yes, Steinbeck's novels are very worth the read.  They are classics.  I agree with AC.  The excerpt does have a bit of a dust bowl feel, and definitely that of a by-gone era.  

• Like 3

Interesting, I wondered if we were in a post-apocalyptic future.

And how can you not know Steinbeck?  :o

• Like 1
  • Site Moderator

Interesting, I wondered if we were in a post-apocalyptic future.

And how can you not know Steinbeck?  :o

I had that thought as well

As for not remembering who Steinbeck was, I know his book titles - that has to count for something...

• Like 3

You should honestly.. there have been film adaptations of them all.. he's such a great writer though.. 

And now I have to wait? Ohhhhhh! 

Sorry Parker .. it's all finished though.. so no waiting unless I can't for some reason but I'll give AC permission to do it for me 

• Like 4
  • Site Moderator

lol, true. I simply assumed everybody in our generation got introduced to him in school (not just in the USA).

Nope, they were not part of my reading lists in high school - or university for that matter.

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 1

lol, true. I simply assumed everybody in our generation got introduced to him in school (not just in the USA).

That's an interesting comment, and got me thinking. We read a TON of authors in HS, but no Steinbeck. However, our junior high school readers had great Steinbeck stories (and hence my love of the man). We read The Red Pony - heartbreaking! And also a story he wrote about a boy in Norway during World War 2. It was powerful stuff   

• Like 2