• Site Administrator

Graeme, i am sorry to say this, but this story lacked the usual emotional punch of your earlier stories.

I'm actually glad to hear that. More than half of this story was written close to ten years ago, but given how much more popular it's been than my other stories, I was wondering if I've been going downhill in that time. It's good to hear that in at least one respect I've developed as an author in that time :P

For the record, chapters 1-10, most of chapter 15 and all of chapter 16 were written a long time ago. The rest are the new chapters that I've written over the last few months (though I also went through and revised the pre-written chapters to some extent -- mainly minor tweaks).

• Like 3
  • Site Moderator

Graeme, I'm actually happy that you ended the story sooner than planned. I have a feeling that the 'missing' chapters would have been filled with a lot more angst and turmoil due to the machinations of the the wicked grandmother. I'm still of the mind that her 'good intentions' were nothing short of well disguised malicious homophobic bigotry. I guess my secret is out - I do not like that woman. :P

Anyhoo, I really appreciate that you gave your readers a happy ending. The new family unit has a brighter future for being together rather than apart.

Now, as for Steve, Keidan and Jacob, their story is just begging to be told - vignettes - with guest appearances by Alan and crew - will suffice...  ;)

• Like 5

Now, as for Steve, Keidan and Jacob, their story is just begging to be told - vignettes - with guest appearances by Alan and crew - will suffice... ;)

You could even take a page out of TimothyM's book and use the prompts to tell us about Steve & family's lives. Not much planning, no time lines to build, just the pure pleasure of writing.

Edited by Kitt
  • Like 4