Paper Walls By Kd_Stories

• Site Administrator

For those who have not found it yet, if you like high school and sports-themed stories, KD_Stories has started posting Paper Walls.

I've been enjoying this story at Nifty, and I'm more than pleased to see it here at GA. There are certainly technical issues that can be fixed, but the story itself is engaging and interesting. There's still more to be revealed than is shown in the first two chapters posted so far, but please take a look.

And no, I'm not being paid, nor do I have any involvement with the story or author :P I just like the story :D Ryder is an interesting character, and so is his father. How they interact with each other and those around them is what makes this so fascinating. Ryder is a typical fifteen-year-old, seeing things more in black-and-white than shades of gray, while his father had a focused by firm view of what is, and what is not, acceptable.

• Like 5

I've read ahead on Nifty (not all the way) and I agree with both comments above. Good premise and interesting characters. The technical issues were annoying but I noticed Rusty's now listed as an editor. He's good. I'm sure the quality will improve. Give the story a read.

• Like 3

I've read more of the later chapters, I skimmed most of the earlier stuff. It's a very interesting story, and since I do like my share of drama I'm enjoying the conflicts that arise in the later chapters. The father/son dynamic has always bugged me, since the beginning, I always felt like there were some underlying issues, and they appear to be getting explored.

I have been following this story from the first posting on Nifty and really like the characters, story line and style of the writing.  As I am in it for the story, I easily can overlook some of the technical errors and simply enjoy the read.  KD has set up a very good intro into a developing plot.  As the story unfolds there will be conflict and solution as well as developing friendships and hardships.  I really encourage the members to give KD a chance and much feedback and suport so that he can enhance his writing skills and continue to give us more wonderful and creative litature in the future.  KD you have my suport and encouragement to keep up the GREAT work.  Please poke some holes in those paper walls and let Ryder step into the wonderful and careing world beyond.  Rustle, your editing help will most certainly ease the grumbles some of our more technicly demanding readers have.  Chears to all and on to the next chapters +++++

Rob

Edited by wenmale64
  • Like 1

I checked out the first chapter and see lots of potential. The characters are interesting, and GA is a great place to showcase your writing. I think you will do well with Rustle as your editor. I will try my best to keep abreast of your story... cheers... Gary....

• Like 2
  • Love 1

FWIW, I followed the story on Nifty from the outset. It's the first editing I've taken on in a while, but this story deserves some love. I had no help to send, so I went, myself.

I hope y'all (I'm from Texas. I can say that.) will give this story and author a read, and make him welcome.

Oh wow!  Thank you all for the support and the welcome!  I just found out about this thread, as I am still getting used to this site.  By the way I enjoy this so much, it's amazing to get to talk to readers and just interact with everyone!  A huge thank you to Rustle who messaged me about editing and "cleaning" and gave me a ton of tips and insights as a reader he saw.  He has done phenomenal on the chapters that I did send to him and I am excited to see what more improvements he can help me make!   Thank you all again I really do hope you all enjoy reading this story!

• Like 4

My beard's never looked that good when I've grown it out.

Yeh, well, my back's never looked as good as yours.

But, if it wasn't you, and it wasn't me, has anybody investigated the new guy?

"HEY! KD! CAN ANYBODY CONFIRM YOUR rustle SIGHTING?

• Like 3

Yeh, well, my back's never looked as good as yours.

But, if it wasn't you, and it wasn't me, has anybody investigated the new guy?

"HEY! KD! CAN ANYBODY CONFIRM YOUR rustle SIGHTING?

I mean maybe but someone's doing grrat woth the polishing of this story! Besides I don't have that magnificent beard. So it's gotta be you.

I mean maybe but someone's doing grrat woth the polishing of this story! Besides I don't have that magnificent beard. So it's gotta be you.

Polish only works when you've got good material, bud. Workin' on the next chapter now.

Dave laughs at my "stubble beard." Before I die, he wants me to grow a beard like Gandalf.

I love this series! I read it on the other site, and am really enjoying the re-read on here.  I can identify with Ryder, and as the story progresses you begin to see so many different layers to all of the characters.  I highly recommend this series!

• Like 2

I love this series! I read it on the other site, and am really enjoying the re-read on here.  I can identify with Ryder, and as the story progresses you begin to see so many different layers to all of the characters.  I highly recommend this series!

Thank you!

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

I just read Carlos' review of chapter 5.

"You better chain Rusty to your computer."

You're a wicked man, Carlos, and a horrible influence on KD, here. Luckily, I could pick the lock on the shackles. Also luckily, I'm catching up.

• Like 1

Yea, new chapter posted....  Please keep up the great work.  I am chomping at the bit to get past the pause point from the other site.  It is killing me to keep my tongue tied knowing some of what is headed our way :).  Love your story, characters and style.  Great Job :)!

• Like 1