O. Henry Short Story Prompt 3 – Hour Of The Dogman

Cool!  I was just thinking of the O. Henry prompts the other day.  I'll have to tackle this one at some point.   :)

Okay, but *wink, wink; nudge, nudge* no time like the present, strike while the iron's hot, and all that jazz ;)   

• Like 3

Well, I can think of one way I'd like this to go, but it's probably too trenchant....

Picant is a good thing. Nothing says an approach has to be treacly-sweet, or milksop bland. I'm intrigued by your comment and hopeful we'll see your own version of Sam's dilemma.

• Like 1

Thinkin' about you today.... Speedy recovery, dear friend :yes:

I'm doing okay. Bit sore, but following suggestions of my sweet nurse, Tomm: Don't be a hero the first few days, take the pills before the pain gets too bad. Looking forward to brekkie....
  • Like 1

I'm doing okay. Bit sore, but following suggestions of my sweet nurse, Tomm: Don't be a hero the first few days, take the pills before the pain gets too bad. Looking forward to brekkie....

*very gentle hug*

• Like 1

*very gentle hug*

Thanks Adi...I look like someone gave me a kickin today, feels like it too. Gotta walk today, and eat. All I've been thinking of is food!

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator

Glad to hear everything went well and you're on the mend.  Walking is good, so is eating.  Just take it easy and give your body time to heal.  Everything else can wait.  *gentle hug* 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Site Administrator

My prompt response is here!!

I'm going to wait to read it until after I've tackled the prompt myself, so probably sometime next week.  I look forward to reading your interpretation of it. :) 

• Like 1

I'm going to wait to read it until after I've tackled the prompt myself, so probably sometime next week.  I look forward to reading your interpretation of it. :)

Oh, I'm so please to hear you are going to try it too :yes:

• Like 1

My prompt response is here!!

I think it's pretty brilliant, Tim. As far as using the prompt challenge, you did great. You also took the reader on a touching and funny ride, and that's right at the heart of what O. Henry always tried to achieve.

Bravo!   

Edited by AC Benus
  • Like 1