Aeris - Guardian Force By Brayon

Ok... I bit the bullet and wrote Interlude 4. Shane will get his chapter.  It's off to the Editor now. (Thanks, @Kitt!)

Spoiler

I realized I forgot to put Psionics as a teaser in the Story Description. Maybe I need to update that? :whistle:

5 minutes ago, Drew Espinosa said:

Hey BH, I'm glad you were able to work through that interlude, I know it has been a challenge to write. So, congrats! :hug: 

Thanks! It had a different outcome a few times. One was Aeris shot him. Another was he was jettisoned out an Airlock, in Subspace. But, the S.O.B. is still needed.

Now we know the Guardian Force's weakness. They're only trained to endure physical wound, not to recognize and defend Psychic power. It's kind of hard for Aeris, but he has Will now, so we can hope. I'm waiting for Will's power....

It's embarrassing, but I realize I don't know anything about FleetCom :lmao: They're... exactly who are they? How far can they reach? Seems like they have a hand in the loss of Gilese :unsure2:

• Like 1
8 hours ago, hoaluu said:

Now we know the Guardian Force's weakness. They're only trained to endure physical wound, not to recognize and defend Psychic power. It's kind of hard for Aeris, but he has Will now, so we can hope. I'm waiting for Will's power....

It's embarrassing, but I realize I don't know anything about FleetCom :lmao: They're... exactly who are they? How far can they reach? Seems like they have a hand in the loss of Gilese :unsure2:

Thank you for reading, and for asking the question. I've been wondering how to put the following into the story without it being an Info Dump. B)

FleetCom is shorthand for Fleet Command. They are the top brass, and administrators for Federation Stellar Navy, and the Federation Stellar Marine Forces. Fleet Admiral Toews (the last name is the same as the Chicago Blackhawks Hockey player :Steve2:) is in overall command of the entire Naval services underneath the President of the Sol Federation.

Guardian Force is outside the normal Naval structure. They were original underneath the Navy's Special Operations (SpecOps) division, but by an Act of Congress, they were made their own independent agency. They report directly to the President of the Sol Federation, however, they can receive orders from any of the militaries leadership for special assignments. Which is why Fleet Adm Toews sent Aeris on the Prometheus, undercover. Typically the different military services will work in concert with Guardian Force on assignments.

Guardian Forces' power is absolute in the Sol Federation. They are the only "law enforcement" that has jurisdiction throughout both Civilian and Military areas. Their numbers are kept small for that reason, and why the Undercover Officers undergo cosmetic surgery and can no longer have contact with their natural family.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, BHopper2 said:

Guardian Force is outside the normal Naval structure. They were original underneath the Navy's Special Operations (SpecOps) division, but by an Act of Congress, they were made their own independent agency. They report directly to the President of the Sol Federation, however, they can receive orders from any of the militaries leadership for special assignments. 

Thank you for explaining. Interlude 4 is very entertaining, especially when a certain bad guy realized he couldn't seduce Aeris anymore -_- 

It's :off: but I just read a book about SEAL Team 6, Guardian Force kind of reminds me of them, for their special position in the Navy :rolleyes:

• Like 1
3 hours ago, hoaluu said:

Thank you for explaining. Interlude 4 is very entertaining, especially when a certain bad guy realized he couldn't seduce Aeris anymore -_- 

It's :off: but I just read a book about SEAL Team 6, Guardian Force kind of reminds me of them, for their special position in the Navy :rolleyes:

That's who I patterned them off of. :2thumbs: They were originally supposed to be just Space SEALS. But they grew from there.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

After seeing another Author on GA do it, I totally took the idea and created a Wikia for the Guardian Force Saga. Link is on my Profile page, and it's a work in progress.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Just a heads up on somethings with my Aeris storyline.

Act 2 - Prelude to War - Part 3, now has a Chapter note, letting people know to read the Short Story called The House of Aeris.

Also, the Stand-Alone story Tales from the Guardian Force has been deleted. I added it's sole chapter to the Aeris - Guardian Force main storyline, between Act 3 - War and Remembrance - Part 1, and the soon to be finished Part 2. Mark from the stand-alone will be in Part 2, and after some PMs saying the above issue of Act 2 - Part 3 was confusing, I wanted to avoid any confusions now.

Yes, that's right. I'm actively working on the next installment of this story, and hopefully, I can get it to my team soon, so I can get it posted.