Another trend that I find troubling and echoed, in passing, in another book (Past Imperfect) is that more and more young people in the UK are getting drunk / having a drinking problem / alcoholic, the prospect looks so gloomy ... they drink and don't even get tipsy nor happy and silly, just drunk and angry / violent or passed out, there's no joy in it ...

The drinking is disturbing to me too. :( And alcohol culture of young people in Denmark is as bad as the UK or worse. 

But I guess we're simply too old and sensible.

• Like 2

Sasha, after reading the last chapter, I felt like shit.

You created their world, why are you so cruel to them ? They dislike each other so much that they're not on speaking terms and the sex could only go on for so long without any other connection. I feel that they are "in danger of passing each other in life" (quote / misquote from Flowers for Mrs Harris) ...

Another trend that I find troubling and echoed, in passing, in another book (Past Imperfect) is that more and more young people in the UK are getting drunk / having a drinking problem / alcoholic, the prospect looks so gloomy ... they drink and don't even get tipsy nor happy and silly, just drunk and angry / violent or passed out, there's no joy in it ...

Then there's the domestic violence / altercation / scene at home for Marty, it's all very depressing ...

The only bright spot, sort of, is how Leon tucked Marty in bed, showing a tender side to their friendship ...

All in all, I just don't see the silver lining behind these thick clouds ...

The drinking is disturbing to me too. :( And alcohol culture of young people in Denmark is as bad as the UK or worse. 

But I guess we're simply too old and sensible.

I promise you will see the silver lining soon. Soon-ish. It's there.

The drinking culture among young people is very polarised over here. It's very much all or nothing. Kids either don't drink, or they get well and truly wasted. Marty's drinking is very much a symptom of his unhappiness. He's not the type to get himself wasted every night. Leon is rather happier to drink until the sun goes down - but he prefers company.

Marty's home life is what it is. There are still those who would say he is lucky because he's rich, regardless of how much his parents scream at each other.

And hey, I'm not cruel to them, they are cruel to each other. I don't have a say in a single thing any of my characters ever do. They are only "mine" because mine is the brain they choose to shout in.

• Like 4

While I don't wish my own life to be so complicated, I am happy to be a voyeur into your characters lives. Furthermore, your characters don't stay stuck in the same place (for too too long) and eventually grow. That it is sometimes painful is part of the journey. 

May your characters shout on!

• Like 4

While I don't wish my own life to be so complicated, I am happy to be a voyeur into your characters lives. Furthermore, your characters don't stay stuck in the same place (for too too long) and eventually grow. That it is sometimes painful is part of the journey. 

oh yes, give me the simple life every time! but the voyeurism is fun too.

Don't worry rndm, they show no signs of shutting up yet.

• Like 3

Yay ! We can be as loud as we want ! OH, are we referring to the shouting within Sasha's brain ? Oh ... er ... hmm ...

• Like 4

So this last chapter felt like it had the most steps forward to me. I suppose each chapter has a little bit of progress but there's definitely been backpedaling as well. But this, where they actually started talking again, and Marty making it clear he wanted Hrishi at the concert seemed pretty momentous to me. Plus both of them (Hrishi included for once) defended Hrishi's honor. Like I said, forward steps.

• Like 3
  • Site Moderator

Marty acted purely on instinct when he came to Hrishi's defence. He didn't stop to think that someone (especially his band mates) might see him defending a gay boy.  Instead, his heart ruled and we got to see how he really and truly felt about Hrishi. The question now is: is this a turning point in their relationship? And if so, where will it lead? 

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 3

So this last chapter felt like it had the most steps forward to me. I suppose each chapter has a little bit of progress but there's definitely been backpedaling as well. But this, where they actually started talking again, and Marty making it clear he wanted Hrishi at the concert seemed pretty momentous to me. Plus both of them (Hrishi included for once) defended Hrishi's honor. Like I said, forward steps.

Baby steps, but getting better. This is where both sabwones and Carlos said things started moving in a better direction too.

The question now is: is this a turning point in their relationship? And if so, where will it lead? 

To kinky places. Of course.

• Like 4
  • Site Moderator

Baby steps, but getting better. This is where both sabwones and Carlos said things started moving in a better direction too.

To kinky places. Of course.

I was thinking more of an emotional direction, but kinky works too - there's a deep level of trust involved in that right? 

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 2

I was thinking more of an emotional direction, but kinky works too - there's a deep level of trust involved in that right?

ABSOLUTELY no S & M please ... kinky handled with kid gloves; or else all your ear drums will be damaged by my piercing screams. This is not a threat, but a promise !

• Like 2

ABSOLUTELY no S & M please ... kinky handled with kid gloves; or else all your ear drums will be damaged by my piercing screams. This is not a threat, but a promise !

kinky can take lots of different directions. As for S&M - they've been screwing around with each other, without speaking, on command for weeks. Just because there's no leather or chains involved, doesn't mean it isn't S&M.

• Like 5
  • Site Moderator

kinky can take lots of different directions. As for S&M - they've been screwing around with each other, without speaking, on command for weeks. Just because there's no leather or chains involved, doesn't mean it isn't S&M.

Exactly, it's quite clear that despite his smaller stature, Hrishi is a Dom...either that or a bossy bottom! :lol:

• Like 3

Exactly, it's quite clear that despite his smaller stature, Hrishi is a Dom...either that or a bossy bottom! :lol:

That does it !

:screaming at the top of my lungs:

:screaming:

• Like 2

Hrishi would hurt you if you ever called him a bossy bottom where he could hear you! Trust me, after the next chapter, you're going to see that you don't have to be on top to be in charge.

• Like 2
  • Site Moderator

Hrishi would hurt you if you ever called him a bossy bottom where he could hear you! Trust me, after the next chapter, you're going to see that you don't have to be on top to be in charge.

Ha!! I'm not worried. I have older brothers, so I know how to 'kill'.  -_-      

As for the next chapter? I'm waiting....   I'm waiting.... *drums fingers impatiently* :P

• Like 2

Huh. In the list of chapters, chapter 8 has a character count of zero. Perhaps that's why I didn't get a notification that it had been posted until JeffreyL put up his review.  There are definitely more than zero characters in this chapter, and both of them are still circling around each other, looking for both opportunities to attack and ways to fulfill their mutual lust. So much energy expended!  Exhausting!   :-)

Edited by jess30519
  • Like 2

Huh. In the list of chapters, chapter 8 has a character count of zero. Perhaps that's why I didn't get a notification that it had been posted until JeffreyL put up his review.  There are definitely more than zero characters in this chapter, and both of them are still circling around each other, looking for both opportunities to attack and ways to fulfill their mutual lust. So much energy expended!  Exhausting!   :-)

yeah, I’m not really sure what's going there.... might unpublish and re publish, see if that helps.

being a teenager in lust is very tiring work!

• Like 2

yep, notification popped up immediately. Great chapter. Loved Marty saying he was ashamed to be related to his parents.

I'd be ashamed to being related to them too. I've no doubt they've screwed him up more than a little bit.

• Like 1

yep, notification popped up immediately. Great chapter. Loved Marty saying he was ashamed to be related to his parents.

I'd be ashamed to being related to them too. I've no doubt they've screwed him up more than a little bit.

This is an old Chinese saying "There are no wrong fathers and mothers in the world" meaning parents can do no wrong (when treating their children) ... Obviously old sayings are not always true ... such a depressing thought ...

• Like 2