37 minutes ago, Sasha Distan said:

staypublished staypublished staypublished staypublished....

I'm resorting to prayer also... and I'm not a believer! This sounds like another bug or glitch in the new software. OMG it's trying to convert us!

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Reader1810 said:

Um, sorry no, but I don't think it's published. It's not on the story list, and when I pulled up the story, this was on its homepage

By Sasha Distan, in Fiction. 03/20/2017 (Updated: 03/13/2017)

I looked at some other stories and noted the order of the dates for today all looked like this:

By Stannie, in Fiction. 11/10/2015 (Updated: 03/20/2017)

On the bright side, I did get a Notification when you posted the chapter originally. :)

I think it was one of the chapters which, I saw mentioned in the bug topic, published itself when it wasn't supposed to. The admin's took the all the content down which had come online unexpectedly, but that's why it's showing a different publish date. It's up now, but just not getting on any lists anywhere. bugger.

• Like 3
  • Site Moderator
2 minutes ago, Sasha Distan said:

I think it was one of the chapters which, I saw mentioned in the bug topic, published itself when it wasn't supposed to. The admin's took the all the content down which had come online unexpectedly, but that's why it's showing a different publish date. It's up now, but just not getting on any lists anywhere. bugger.

My suggestion would be for you to make a Status Update - I know you can do them now - reminding everyone that the final chapter of Confide/ant is available to be read, liked, reviewed....and savoured. :)

• Like 3
8 minutes ago, Sasha Distan said:

It appears at the bottom of the site, after the online members list. It's not a list, just some kind of note saying "latest story: confident by Sasha distan"

Screenshot_2017-03-20-23-36-31.jpg

Edited by clochette
  • Like 3
  • Site Moderator
Just now, clochette said:

It appears at the bottom of the site, after the online members list. It's not a list, just some kind of note saying "latest story: confident by Sasha distan"

That's good, until the next 'latest' story comes along. Oh well, every little bit helps, right? 

• Like 1
  • Site Moderator
Just now, Sasha Distan said:

thanks guys!

so, is it just me, or does anyone else feel the whole replying and replying, and quoting of story comments (no longer reviews) will lead to less use of story forums like this one?

Also, once they fix that bug, because Confide/ant is complete, you guys will actually be able to REVIEW (new style reviews) it. You will, right? *puppy eyes*

So, 'puppy eyes' don't work on you, but yet, you use them shamelessly to bend us to your wily ways. Oh, brother... :P

But of course, we shall review this masterfully told tale. :yes:

• Like 4
5 minutes ago, Sasha Distan said:

thanks guys!

so, is it just me, or does anyone else feel the whole replying and replying, and quoting of story comments (no longer reviews) will lead to less use of story forums like this one?

Also, once they fix that bug, because Confide/ant is complete, you guys will actually be able to REVIEW (new style reviews) it. You will, right? *puppy eyes*

That's exactly what I thought about the forums vs. Comments. is it mean by the admins to suppress/limit the forums maybe?

Of course I'll gladly review the story (I've been so bad at reviewing each chapter :blushing: )

A new story coming soon now that this one is complete? ;)

Edited by clochette
  • Like 3
22 hours ago, Sasha Distan said:

I'm seeing the new commenting style more like saving us ordinary authors from making story topics which don't get much use. I've got two topics going, with not much posting happening, and I'm refusing to start a third one for my Cardmaker/Caretaker story even if I could stick my A.I. trilogy in thee too.

• Like 3
  • Site Moderator
On 3/20/2017 at 0:55 PM, hohochan657 said:

How dare them, Marty's parents !  But they had practically abandoned him even before he came out to them.  They really were horrible people even though we've never been properly introduced ...  Despicable !

As my thoughts wandered, I imagined a scene where the child of a couple that Marty's parents wish to impress just loves, loves, loves, Marty and his band. Of course, they get asked to facilitate a booking for said child's upcoming birthday. Only, they can't deliver because they selfishly and snootily kicked Marty to the curb.

The ensuing fallout sends their social standing plummeting into deepest, darkest, nowhere. 

Just desserts, I tell you, just desserts! :P

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 5
  • Site Moderator
22 hours ago, Sasha Distan said:

I don't think it will. On more than one occasion, I have copied another member's review into the story thread because I had a comment I wanted to make regarding what was said  - always something positive, mind you. I think too, conversing with everyone in an open thread where we can all participate and make comments about what is being said is a really good thing that isn't going to fall by the wayside. 

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

On more than one occasion, I have copied another member's review into the story thread because I had a comment I wanted to make regarding what was said  

But Reader, that's the whole point of the new comment system. You can comment on other readers' chapter comments right there. It's not only the authors, who can reply to a comment. And you can also reply to the author's reply.

• Like 1

The really weird thing for me is that when I first started to leave reviews (now comments) on GA stories, I complained about not being able to reply to an author's reply. I was told very firmly that the review system was not meant to be used as a discussion place. I should go to the story topics for that. Times change, eh? :rolleyes: 

• Like 4
44 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

As my thoughts wandered, I imagined a scene where the child of a couple that Marty's parents wish to impress just loves, loves, loves, Marty and his band. Of course, they get asked to facilitate a booking for said child's upcoming birthday. Only, they can't deliver because they selfishly and snootily kicked Marty to the curb.

The ensuing fallout sends their social standing plummeting into deepest, darkest, nowhere. 

Just desserts, I tell you, just desserts! :P

Would that be fabulous? I love that idea, hope it's true!

7 minutes ago, Timothy M. said:

The really weird thing for me is that when I first started to leave reviews (now comments) on GA stories, I complained about not being able to reply to an author's reply. I was told very firmly that the review system was not meant to be used as a discussion place. I should go to the story topics for that. Times change, eh? :rolleyes: 

consistency is not the strong point of the human race...

• Like 3
  • Site Moderator
14 minutes ago, Timothy M. said:

But Reader, that's the whole point of the new comment system. You can comment on other readers' chapter comments right there. It's not only the authors, who can reply to a comment. And you can also reply to the author's reply.

Well, maybe I want to start a conversation about the bit that has piqued my interest. Besides, not everyone goes back to the comments once they've read their own. Having a gathering place where we can come to discuss and/or share our ideas and perceptions of past, present or future events is a good thing. I don't see the comment section being able to manage something of this scale. 

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Well, maybe I want to start a conversation about the bit that has piqued my interest. Besides, not everyone goes back to the comments once they've read their own. Having a gathering place where we can come to discuss and/or share our ideas and perceptions of past, present or future events is a good thing. I don't see the comment section being able to manage something of this scale. 

I hope you're right. I like the forums, they allows us to be silly, allow us to talk about issues which span more than one chapter, and give me room to go wildly off topic!

• Like 3
8 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Having a gathering place where we can come to discuss and/or share our ideas and perceptions of past, present or future events is a good thing. I don't see the comment section being able to manage something of this scale. 

Yes, I agree for stories and authors with many and / or talkative followers. But for new authors the interactive comment system is a nice start. Making a story topic can be a huge leap with possible let-down if no one posts there (as I've seen happen :pinch:  ).

• Like 4
  • Site Moderator
4 minutes ago, Timothy M. said:

Yes, I agree for stories and authors with many and / or talkative followers. But for new authors the interactive comment system is a nice start. Making a story topic can be a huge leap with possible let-down if no one posts there (as I've seen happen :pinch:  ).

Good point Tim. It is a nice way to engage ones's readers and get know one another. First steps and all that. 

• Like 3