• Announcements

• Myr

Bug? Read This. Updated 3:30 PM May 20   05/20/2017

If you are experiencing a bug, Please Read Here before posting or submitting a support request.
    • Cia

Chapter "Error" and the Purple Circle/Clock   05/20/2017

Hey everyone,      We keep getting support requests from readers who are trying to access unpublished chapters. These chapters are supposed to be "invisible" to anyone but the author and staff, but a bug keeps coming back making them visible. If an author has a chapter or chapters on their story with the purple circle/clock and you get an error message when you try to open it, that's because it's unpublished. It's not a bug, site staff don't always know why an author has the chapter unpublished, and you can either ask the author directly or wait for the chapter to go live.   Thank you, Site Staff
Myr

Ssl (Https) Changes

17 posts in this topic

Thanks for keeping us update and for all the behind the scene work you're all doing for us :2thumbs:

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

Google is about to force all websites to start using SSL (https/ the green padlock) on sites or else get flagged as insecure in Chrome 56 which is releasing soon.

As such, we have deployed the SSL on this old software. This is going to cause broken issues in various places because of mixed content. We are working to address these issues as quickly as we can.

Please have patience as we work through this Google-induced mess.

In the beginning Google was a sweet and benevolent search engine ... they sat on big balls and brought their doggies to work ... and they sent their creeping (y) vines out quietly.. until now they want to rule the world!!!

But I like chrome, and at least they announced it.

Edited by Mikiesboy

Most issues are addressed. We're still working on the chat room.

1 person likes this

Chat is down indefinitely due to this versions of the software's incompatibility with SSL

We've had to disable chat at this time.  There isn't a solution on this version of IP.Board.

1 person likes this

Hey folks, thanks for all your work on this. I know software incompatibility is a pain on the butt.

Chat is such a great feature of the site, I hope you can find or create a solution soon.

1 person likes this

Is this the reason why none of my notification links from before this topic was posted work? All the ones after work, but if I try the ones from before 12 midnight my time all I get is a Sorry, we couldn't find that! message.

Is this the reason why none of my notification links from before this topic was posted work? All the ones after work, but if I try the ones from before 12 midnight my time all I get is a Sorry, we couldn't find that! message.

I assume so. My link into GA on my bookmarks bar also gave me that message, and I had a split second worry that my profile had vanished into space.

1 person likes this

My link into GA on my bookmarks bar also gave me that message, and I had a split second worry that my profile had vanished into space.

Ahh, I didn't get that problem, because I always type the url - can't have 'naughty' bookmarks on my work laptop. :*)

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Ahh, I didn't get that problem, because I always type the url - can't have 'naughty' bookmarks on my work laptop. :*)

LOL And we're all so naughty...!

Thank you, AJ, Myr and all others (?) who work so tirelessly for GA and us!

Edited by Puppilull
3 people like this

I sense a plot to destroy the Jedi.

1 person likes this

So... I got this lovely message not too long ago:

FATAL ERROR

Your settings could not be read by IP.Board. This is a fatal error and IP.Board cannot function while this issue persists.

This issue is generally caused by changing your character set in the ACP to one that does not support data stored in the rest of your settings or by restoring a database/backup/completing a server transfer and importing your database tables using the wrong character set or collation. You should contact IPS Technical Support for further assistance. 

Thankfully, it was only Soap Opera fatal and rectified its own self somehow as I have access to GA once again. Could this have been a result of the changeover? I'm hoping I never see it again...

2 people like this

There was a software issue that was quickly corrected.

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

If you have embedded links in your blogs, you may need to change the protocol from http:// to https:// 

I did so in my blog and the links work again.

Oh, wait - this may just be me, since I'm still using IE. :*) Probably there's no problem with newer browsers.

Edited by Timothy M.

Please stop using IE.  There are plenty of free alternatives of modern browsers.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Please stop using IE.  There are plenty of free alternatives of modern browsers.

I know - old habits die hard. :*)

OK, I've switched to Chrome now. Takes a bit of time to get used to, but it should end my problems and prevent me from asking any more silly tech questions. :lol:

Edited by Timothy M.