Binge Show?

So after my sisters and friends forced it on me, I finally started to watch Shameless. Once more my hard head prevented me from watching an amazingly hilarious show! It's crazy, vulgar, and goofy...the perfect combination for me.

So it got me to thinking, what have you guys been binging lately? Anything new? old? good? terrible? Who knows maybe you could even introduce us all to something amazing!

post-29665-0-20893800-1485069732_thumb.jpg

Edited by Aceinthehole
  • Site Administrator

I binge-watched 2 1/2 episodes of "Emerald City" yesterday.  The first one was 2 hours long, so it was really like watching almost 4 episodes.  I really liked it.  Think "Game of Thrones" meets "Wizard of Oz".  I thought it was a great modern interpretation and highly recommend it.  

• Like 1

I binge-watched 2 1/2 episodes of "Emerald City" yesterday.  The first one was 2 hours long, so it was really like watching almost 4 episodes.  I really liked it.  Think "Game of Thrones" meets "Wizard of Oz".  I thought it was a great modern interpretation and highly recommend it.  

I love Emerald City... think I missed the second episode because when I watched the latest there were holes... it's fun.

• Like 1

So, I've never seen the show Avatar: The Last Airbender before. And just recently I got around to watching it, and it didn't take long for me to get hooked. :) It was a bittersweet moment when I watched the final episode.

PS: Zuko is now one of my favorite characters of all time! :D

Edited by Drew Espinosa
  • Like 3

I began watching Neflix's The OA one episode at a time—one each night or so—because it was kind of quirky and I wanted to be sure that I was "getting it." After the first three episodes I was so intrigued by the show that I ended up bingeing the last five hour-long episodes over two nights. The show is pretty darn good.

Netflix just rolled out the last 13 episodes of "Haven".  I started watching on Friday night and finished this evening. 

It's based on a Stephen King novel and originally aired on the SyFy channel.  I saw a few episodes when they were originally broadcast and decided to watch the entire series from start to finish when it landed on Netflix a year or so ago.  They had 5 seasons with 13 episodes each.  At the end of the 13 episodes of season 5 they stopped with a cliff-hanger.  :pissed:  This release adds another 13 episodes to season 5 and completes the story.

It took me two days to complete the 6 episodes of the new season of "Black Mirror".  It's sort of like the Twilight Zone gets advanced tech.  Each episode is a stand alone story and they're all kind of dark. I thought  "Hated in the Nation" was the best story in this series.

I would have binge watched West World, but HBO released it one episode per week, so that was on my schedule every Monday evening.

• Site Administrator
Death In Paradise -- It takes the British to make a good Murder/Mystery series that's also a comedy :D It's a pity they couldn't keep the original cast together, but they did a good job with the replacements.
  • 2 months later...

If you're really in the mood for a murder mystery binge...

Netflix recently posted Season 19 of Midsomer Murders...start to finish would take you through the Spring, Summer and into the Fall.

About the same time, they posted Season 5 of Death in Paradise (sort of a Midsomer Tropical).

Season 6 of Longmire (Midsomer of the American West) will release sometime in the fall.

Season 1 of Goliath (on Amazon) was the best thing I've seen Billy Bob Thornton in since Fargo.

And don't miss Season 3 of Grace & Frankie.

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator

My BFF and I binge watched most of Schitt's Creek during my recent vacation.  I thought it was absolutely hysterical. :gikkle: 

• 1 year later...